Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    viper is offline Registered User

Re: Heros--TV's new shows

Thanks Nick, I'll look into it. Its so hard to find anything new worth watching anymore. I just may have to check it out! Thanks again.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If you have the time, rent the DVD of the first season of Prison Break. I'm betting you'll get hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The new one is just fantastic in both production and story telling. I haven't seen much of the original series but my impression from those who have is that it doesn't compare at all in terms of tone and feel. The show is a very serious drama with great acting and a judicious use of special effects.

First and second seasons are both out on DVD. The first season discs start with a miniseries that I think is around three hours but it really kick started everything. Basically just a really long first episode, but I mention it only so you don't think the mini-series is something else should you see it in the stores.
    I tried to rent Battle Star Galactica last night at Hollywood Video. They didn't have it. Anyone know where I can rent it?

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    I tried to rent Battle Star Galactica last night at Hollywood Video. They didn't have it. Anyone know where I can rent it?
    Maybe Blockbuster where you live will have it. Only bad thing is it comes in 12 seperate rentals for the first 2 seasons, which at 5 dollars a pop is 60 bucks to rent them all. If you bought them it'd be 125 which is double the cost, but you'd have them forever and wouldn't have to worry about getting the discs in the order you need them, late fees, etc.

Now I've been to both Hollywood Video and Blockbuster looking for Battlestar Gallactica. Neither one carried it. Any other ideas?

Your Nigerian Friend is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If you have the time, rent the DVD of the first season of Prison Break. I'm betting you'll get hooked.
    Prison Break was good for the first season, but once they broke out...I lost interest. I don't know how they are going to keep that going after this season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12