Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just wondering

RealRam is offline Registered User

Got milk?

Good to see I'm not the only "alcohol abstemious" in here.

I enjoy fruit juice, plenty of water and plenty of milk, mostly 1%. No coffee (occasional decaf). Thomas Kemper rootbeer is my favorite. Diet Pepsi / Caffeine free, Orange Fanta or Sprite.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Re: Just wondering

For me, I love a good Midori sour, the occasional Rum and Hawaiian punch, Reisling or white Zin, good Lord, I sound like an alcoholic, but I don't drink very often, I promise.....

As far as sodas go, Sierra Mist is good, or a Lipton Raspberry Tea.

Hot drinks, either spiced apple hot buttered rum (good night, here we go with the booze again), or Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger tea.

80's hair metal goes with everything!!!

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MOM
    For me, I love a good Midori sour, the occasional Rum and Hawaiian punch, Reisling or white Zin, good Lord, I sound like an alcoholic, but I don't drink very often, I promise.....

As far as sodas go, Sierra Mist is good, or a Lipton Raspberry Tea.

Hot drinks, either spiced apple hot buttered rum (good night, here we go with the booze again), or Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger tea.

80's hair metal goes with everything!!!
    I'll have to try the Hawaiian punch with Malibu, never thought about that. I might even crush some ice for it. The spiced apple hot buttered rum sounds good, do you have a "recipe" or is it purchased somewhere?

gap

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

Non-alc: Pretty much bottled water, Caf. free Diet Coke/Pepsi, and MinuteMaid Light Lemonaide

Alc: I pretty much gave it up...I used to drink 24+ beers a week, but got sick of being fat and feeling like crap on Mondays...I've got a 14 month old daughter and a son on the way. I want to be a healthy dad and set a good example for them..I also want to be around to meet my grand kids someday..I guess I finally grew out of it...
    Last edited by Shadesofgrey; -06-07-2005 at 12:39 AM. Reason: ****tty spellling

MOM

Quote Originally Posted by gap
    I'll have to try the Hawaiian punch with Malibu, never thought about that. I might even crush some ice for it. The spiced apple hot buttered rum sounds good, do you have a "recipe" or is it purchased somewhere?

gap
    2 oz. Captain Morgan
    3 oz. hot apple cider
    1 Tbsp butter

Heat cider until almost boiling, add rum, top with butter and garnish with a cinnamon stick. Very yummy in the wintertime.

Could anyone ever tell that I bartend?

thoey is offline Registered User

Mom,

Took the Oatmeal Cookie recipe to the bar on Monday night. Ordered a round for the bartender, the owner, a regular and myself. Went over well. I don't do shots often, but it did taste like the cookie...
    This space for rent...

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    Mom,

Took the Oatmeal Cookie recipe to the bar on Monday night. Ordered a round for the bartender, the owner, a regular and myself. Went over well. I don't do shots often, but it did taste like the cookie...
    This is killing me. I know I read that recipe, but now I cannot find it. Can you repeat it?

gap

MOM

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    Mom,

Smooth, ain't it? Glad it went over well!

MOM

This is killing me. I know I read that recipe, but now I cannot find it. Can you repeat it?

gap
    As requested, here it is......

Oatmeal Cookies

Equal parts of: Jagermeister, Hot Damn, Buttershots, and Bailey's

Shake over ice, strain into chilled shot glass. Enjoy.

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MOM
    As requested, here it is......

Oatmeal Cookies

Equal parts of: Jagermeister, Hot Damn, Buttershots, and Bailey's

Shake over ice, strain into chilled shot glass. Enjoy.
    Your just too awesome.

I just recently paid attention to your location. How far from Bolivar are you? We lived there for a year while my dad attended SWBC (now SBU). I got to be pretty good freinds with a kid whose family owned C & C Farm and Home Supply in the short time I lived there. My foggy memory says his name is Brian Coleman. I believe he runs the busines after his dad passed away.

gap

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Great hangover cure! Baileys and Butterscotch snapps----Butterball. Should seperate if done right!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

MOM

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    Great hangover cure! Baileys and Butterscotch snapps----Butterball. Should seperate if done right!
    Yes, it should. All you have to do is pour over the back of a spoon that is touching the side of the glass on the inside, right above the liquor on the bottom. Neat trick, too.

MOM

Your just too awesome.

I just recently paid attention to your location. How far from Bolivar are you? We lived there for a year while my dad attended SWBC (now SBU). I got to be pretty good freinds with a kid whose family owned C & C Farm and Home Supply in the short time I lived there. My foggy memory says his name is Brian Coleman. I believe he runs the busines after his dad passed away.

gap
    TY! (Try telling Pa that one....snicker)

We live near downtown Springfield. I am almost willing to lay down some pretty good $$$ that the old man knows Brian. For that matter, the name sounds familiar to me as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12