fearlessone is offline Registered User

Katrina - Bagdad on the Bayou

I am an evacuee and I have to say how lucky I am to be in the group of a small percentage people as my home probably suffered minimal damage.

I have to say I felt pretty shallow after complaining about the nine hour drive in parking lot traffic to drive less than 250 miles then witness the fact that no water, etc. was passed out w/o any presence of FEMA or the Red Cross.

Where were they?

Please do not offend me or others as we do not care about the celebs donating. I am greatly humbled and grateful for the real people that donate like my fellow clannies because it is reaL where others want to get the PR.

I can't tell you how frustrating it has been to be high and dry with power and food, etc. and to watch these poor people suffer from ineptness from every level of leadership. I am ashamed of my country and its leaders as we seem to have responded to the tsunami faster than to our own which repels me.

I can't tell you how frustrating it has been to listen about the names of business and celebs donating to various charities when no one was receiving at the very least: water. At least the local media could have been providing important info like when we can return to our homes and how everyone from the poor to the well off can make claims to gain a semblance of the life we had before this disaster. The only people who could hear their fluff are ones that are and were out of harms way.

Please write your congress reps and demand an investigation to why organization, support and love arrived so late. Also ask them to pressure Dennise Hastert for an apology or resignation for his comments for bulldozing New Orleans; and lastly and most importantly tell your leaders to support the rebuilding of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast!

Thanks,

FLO

Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Katrina - Bagdad on the Bayou

FLO, glad to know you're alright!

I've been watching CNN since yesterday and, despite "seeing" all those images of despair and devastation, one can only imagine the true hardships that so many thousands of unfortunate people are suffering.

I admire and respect your feeling of honest frustration. The entire ordeal is one historic calamity, never-before-seen in the U.S.A. -- and the relief efforts, though apparently now (i.e., Saturday night) underway and organized and effective to some degree ... were nevertheless late initially to the scene.

There are critical lessons to be learned from this disaster. First 9/11, now 9/1.

I hope and trust this experience is being taken at heart by the government as well as by those governed. I also hope that the states of LA and MS and AL and TX, indeed, the nation as one ... will refrain from finger pointing and useless, needless, harmful reactions.

Venting is necessary and understandable; again, there have been already a few days of deep, painful suffering and humiliation. Still, the great heart of America is pumping well and the aid, the generosity and the kindness of many others are reaching to that zone of horror in compasion and good will.

Hang in there, friend! God bless.

Real Ram,

Thanks for your post. We need answers to the failures without the finger pointing. My feeling is our gov, Ms. Blanco completely floundered with soo many other local officials.

We need to learn from this and make corrections and move on. I guess people may want to consider a candidate's crisis mgmt skills before supporting them these days.

We are safe, employed and have a rental home in LAfayette, LA waiting for a school to take our son then we are moving on with our lifes.

FLO

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Flo Best Of Luck As Your Family Tries To Get There Life Back To Something Close To Normal, Which I Am Sure It May Never Be Again, As Said By Others On The Forum, I Cant Start To Imagine What This Is Like For Everyone On The Gulf Coast, To Watch On Tv Is Awful,and The Fact That This Country Was So Unpreparred Is Unexcusable.we Cant Change That Now,but Hopefully Will Can Learn From This And You Make A Great Point, Maybe These Questions Should Be Asked To Our Future Political Leaders.take Care

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

FLO: It is nice to know that you are well and safe. Your family, as well as thousands of others, are in our thoughts and prayers...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Quote Originally Posted by fearlessone
    I am an evacuee and I have to say how lucky I am to be in the group of a small percentage people as my home probably suffered minimal damage.

I have to say I felt pretty shallow after complaining about the nine hour drive in parking lot traffic to drive less than 250 miles then witness the fact that no water, etc. was passed out w/o any presence of FEMA or the Red Cross.

Where were they?

Please do not offend me or others as we do not care about the celebs donating. I am greatly humbled and grateful for the real people that donate like my fellow clannies because it is reaL where others want to get the PR.

I can't tell you how frustrating it has been to be high and dry with power and food, etc. and to watch these poor people suffer from ineptness from every level of leadership. I am ashamed of my country and its leaders as we seem to have responded to the tsunami faster than to our own which repels me.

I can't tell you how frustrating it has been to listen about the names of business and celebs donating to various charities when no one was receiving at the very least: water. At least the local media could have been providing important info like when we can return to our homes and how everyone from the poor to the well off can make claims to gain a semblance of the life we had before this disaster. The only people who could hear their fluff are ones that are and were out of harms way.

Please write your congress reps and demand an investigation to why organization, support and love arrived so late. Also ask them to pressure Dennise Hastert for an apology or resignation for his comments for bulldozing New Orleans; and lastly and most importantly tell your leaders to support the rebuilding of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast!

Thanks,

FLO
    great to se that you are OK. I am just worried about our other Clan members in that area as well .....

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Glad to hear you're okay, Fearless.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

My wife and I made it to our home yesterday and found a twister had broken several branches on my water oak tree but no severe damage to my home or my neighbors. No water at all, in fact my lawn and garden need water!

To say the least we are extremely lucky and humbled by our fortune during a dark time.

I want to thank all fellow clannies and their families for their concerns and their contributions to the Red Cross.

The poor in New Orleans and other areas stricken from Katrina really need our help.

You guys and our communities make me proud!

Thank you and God Bless,

FLO