AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Let's talk about the weather...

I don't know how its been where everyone else is, but it has been one hot Summer here in South Florida. While the weather reports list the high temperature as being in the low 90s, I can tell you that the thermometer on my car typically registers in the 99-104 range (I think the lie about the temperature here to avoid scaring off the tourists in the slow months).

Last year, I got out of the heat by going to Wyoming for a week in the Summer. I should have scheduled a trip like that this year.

The worst part about it is, in South Florida, it doesn't cool off until October or November.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Let's talk about the weather...

The Ozarks have been hot and extremely dry. One of the dryest summers I've seen in a long time...saw a water buffalo the other day the size of a cocker spaniel...now that's dry!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

It’s been an extremely hot summer for us here in central California, but this is not unusual. We’ve had about 25 straight days of triple digits. Today it is supposed to be 106 and 110 by the weekend. One good thing is we don’t typically have the humidity as a factor, but Hot is Hot.

Our air conditioning broke a couple of weeks ago when the temps were beginning to rise sky high and it was absolutely miserable. Luckily we have a pool, so that helped. Our a/c has since been fixed but I must say that I’m looking forward to the fall. I have my tan, so summer can go bye bye now!!!

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Alabama is...well, Alabama. But it's only hot and humid on days that end in "y", so the rest of the time it feels pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by RammieGirl
    It’s been an extremely hot summer for us here in central California, but this is not unusual.
    I'll be the first to admit that I know very little about California, and that goes for their meteorlogical patterns as well. But I always thought that Central and Northern California had very mild, cool summers? Can I assume I was wrong?
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Roy G. Biv
    I'll be the first to admit that I know very little about California, and that goes for their meteorlogical patterns as well. But I always thought that Central and Northern California had very mild, cool summers? Can I assume I was wrong?
    The San Joaquin Valley (central Cali) always has hot summers. But I was in Santa Cruz last Friday (2 hour drive) and it was 30 degrees cooler. Anything along the coast is going to be a lot cooler. We have a couple other ClanRam members here who know exactly what I'm talking about cuz they are experiencing the same kinda heat.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The thing that makes the heat so oppressive here (apart from the high humidity) is the fact that it never goes away, even at night. I suspect we have the highest low temperatures in the nation. Even at night, its still in the low 80s.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RammieGirl
    The San Joaquin Valley (central Cali) always has hot summers. But I was in Santa Cruz last Friday (2 hour drive) and it was 30 degrees cooler. Anything along the coast is going to be a lot cooler. We have a couple other ClanRam members here who know exactly what I'm talking about cuz they are experiencing the same kinda heat.
    Thanks for the info. Hmm, 2 hours away and 30 degrees colder? That's 120 minutes I would gladly invest.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

Man, the heat here has been blistering this year, we have been in the 70's at least 3 time this week. .............................

Then this is Ireland ...........................................................

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    Man, the heat here has been blistering this year, we have been in the 70's at least 3 time this week. .............................

Then this is Ireland ...........................................................
    Man, I miss the UK.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm in California on the coast and the heat has not been that bad, low 80's has been the max. The high desert, where my family lives and I go out to often, has been a different story. Normally this time of year, we're talkin' 105-108, but this year it's been more like 115-120, which is unusual for the high desert (2500 ft.). The killer has been, like Av in Florida, nightime and early morning temps that regularly stay in the upper 90 to low 100 range. Needless to say, my trips to the desert have been limited as of late.