AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

Looking for Advice - New TV...

Well, I was surprised by the responses for Utter's new Car Advice, so I thought I would also try to draw upon the Clan's Body of Knowledge.

I am in the market for a new TV. A flat screen job - oh... 37-42 inches. With the new season on the horizon I want to be ready .. if you get what a I mean.

So, if you have one and like or dislike, let me know.

The prices down here in GA are around $2,300 and up. Best Buy is selling a Toshiba 42" for 2,300 ($1000 off as they make way for the upgrages).

I have been watching prices come down, and have never been one to buy the newest and hottest tech gadget.

Have also come to understand you either buy plasma or LCD - both are reported to have a 7 - 10 year screen life, which is a little perplexing!

Please advise.

GO Rams!!!

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Re: Looking for Advice - New TV...

A friend of mive had a plazma tv.she said that the gas that goes through the screen some what dried up and caused some real funky poop.She said never would she buy one again.This happened to her about 3 years into ownership.

Hearing this,I'd say go with LCD.I'll be looking for a new TV in a few months also,I'm thinking about LCD.Have a great Toshiba right now, I've had it for 8 years,still works great,but the buttons are gone.If I didnt have a remote I'd have to change the channels and adjust the volume with a pencil.
    :drunk:
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild