AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Lowest Talent/Fame Ratio (aka The Paris Hilton Quotient)

Who, in the world of "celebrities," has the lowest talent/fame quotient. In other words, if you could rate talent and fame on a scale of 1-10, who would have the lowest numbers dividing talent score by fame score?

My top 10:

1. Paris Hilton: The undeniable lowest of the low. Talent: 0/Fame: 10.

2. Dr. Phil: As I don't consider being a con-man to be a worthy "talent," he comes in next. Talent: 1/Fame 8.

3. Ashlee Simpson: There are karaoke singers in Boise, Idaho with more talent than her. Talent: 2/Fame 9.

4. Jennifer Lopez: She was a good dancer as a "fly girl," but she can't sing or act. Talent 3/Fame 10.

5. Jessica Simpson: Slightly more talented than her sister, but more famous. Talent 3/Fame 10.

6. Star Jones: She's famous for what, exactly? Talent: 2/Fame 6.

7. Oprah Winfrey: She's a decent actress, and obviously a good business woman, but her fame is disproportional to her talent level. Talent 4/Fame 10.

8. Eminem: I guess rhyming and being controversial are talents... so why isn't the author of "there once as a man from Nantucket..." more famous? Talent 4/Fame 10.

9. Mariah Carey: She actually has a good voice, but she has no clue how to use it. Kind of like giving a Stradivarius to a monkey. Talent 5/Fame 9.

10. Joe Theisman: Originally famous for something he had talent for - being an NFL QB. Now famous for talking, which he has no talent for whatsoever. Will become even more famous as a member of the new MNF team. Talent 5/Fame 8.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Lowest Talent/Fame Ratio (aka The Paris Hilton Quotient)

Sorry "AR" but thats funny LOL LOL LOL stuff totally agree with ya My friend...

general counsel is offline Registered User

I disagree on oprah. She started with nothing and built a billion dollar empire. She is an extraordinarily accomplished businesswoman and marketer. Her ratings indicate that she is very very good at what she does, he appeal to the average american is pretty hard to duplicate in the history of television. Madonna would be a better example of someone who may not have all the talent in the world, but on marketing and sheer drive to succeed, has made a fortune and achieved massive fame.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

I have to agree with GC on Oprah, I have a tremendous amount of respect for this woman. She has made herself into the person she is now and helping so many along the way. Very strong, persistent woman. I admire that.

Dr. Phil, I didn't like him when I would see him on Oprah in the beginning, I thought, "What an a-hole" the way he talked to people, in a demeaning manor. He's mellowed since he got his own show, and usually has some great advice for people that are not perfect like me....hehehe and I actually tune into him if I get the chance to get off work early.

As for the others on AV's list, I pretty much agree.
    Last edited by RammieGirl; -02-15-2006 at 05:29 PM.

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

How about adding micheal vick, very overrated, fast runner but horrible passer and as a quarterback, you're supposed to be better at passing than running but the only nfl qb to be worse at passing, still goes every single pro bowl, acts like a total punk, loved by all in the media, while guys like bulger get no attention, everyone always talks about vick and how good he is at running and scrambling but scrambling doesnt win you superbowls.

yeah i shouldnt talk about football here but i hav a lot of problems with vick as you can see.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

This may be a dated reference, but what about Yoko Ono. What has this chick done other than marry Lennon and screw up the greatest band of all-time? How are either one of those considered acts of talent?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Milan is offline Registered User

Jessica Simpson gets bonus points though, right?

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Who is Star Jones???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Milan is offline Registered User

I think she was on "The View"