Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BigDaddyPace Guest

Madden 2008 Player Ratings

Milan Guest

Re: Madden 2008 Player Ratings

I'm wondering how Pisa's rating got so low...He was injured.

suhpr3me Guest

Marc Bulger deserves better than a 94 in my opinion, and Steven Jackson is only 96? BOO! And they list Dante Hall as 69. =[

Keenum is offline Registered User

Hall is 69... as a WR. His kick return is... 99!

suhpr3me Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    Hall is 69... as a WR. His kick return is... 99!
    oops maybe i shouldve looked at that. I only checked the overall rankings xD

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Why in the hell is Chris Draft only a 78? And Steven Jackson only has an 80 for catching, not to mention a weak 96 overall especially after he lead the NFL in yards from scrimmage. Man, screw this game. They need to let Sega's 2k game make a comeback.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by suhpr3me View Post
    oops maybe i shouldve looked at that. I only checked the overall rankings xD
    lol. I had to think about it for a second, and then I remembered they had a kick return rating.

The also have a ton of news stuff, impact blocking, trucking, etc...

bruce4life is offline Registered User

chris draft in last years madden 07 was rated 84... and pisa come on

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

you have to laugh at Pisa being rated worse overall then Alex Barron

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Posted this elsewhere, but the ratings seem fair, IMO.

Defensively, Wroten hasn't done anything to warrant a higher ranking, but that could change by mid season or season's end. I think Glover is consistently overrated in Madden. I think Carriker was rated very fairly, with a nice combo of speed and strength. His awareness probably could have been higher but doing so probably would have raised his OVR too much. Hill's rating seems solid; I think he's primed for year two as the top corner on this team. I'm disappointed Bartell is listed as a FS, he's our #3 corner but will be starting with Fakhir suspended. Never good to have a starter listed as a back-up at a different position. It's nice to see Witherspoon well represented in the middle, but I'm hoping to add another LB to the roster so Draft (whom I believe is underrated @ a 78) can be shifted elsewhere.

On offense, Bulger's rating seems accurate to me, but I'd be curious to see where he stacks up with other QBs in the league - too lazy to go team by team to check it out. As for Leonard, a 78 OVR for a mid to late second round RB/FB sounds fine to me. Hall really hasn't done much as a receiver so I think his OVR is fine; he got more than enough respect in the return department. Mark Setterstrom, despite playing well at the end of the year, seems a bit overrated as a 79, but he very well might earn that rating quickly in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    Why in the hell is Chris Draft only a 78? And Steven Jackson only has an 80 for catching, not to mention a weak 96 overall especially after he lead the NFL in yards from scrimmage. Man, screw this game. They need to let Sega's 2k game make a comeback.
    LOL, yes, screw this game because the ratings you can edit yourself aren't exactly how you want them!!! :x

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    you have to laugh at Pisa being rated worse overall then Alex Barron
    True, I think Barron is overrated. Pisa as an 82 I don't mind as much, he needs to prove he can stay healthy.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Flaw Guest

I think they said to themselves, "Ok we can't make the Rams THAT good, we need to bump some of these guys down!" Can't believe they did Pisa like that, they better boost him back up in the roster update when he performs on the field. And Draft going down to a 78? What the? Hopefully justice will be served in the roster update.

Flaw Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Posted this elsewhere, but the ratings seem fair, IMO.

Defensively, Wroten hasn't done anything to warrant a higher ranking, but that could change by mid season or season's end. I think Glover is consistently overrated in Madden. I think Carriker was rated very fairly, with a nice combo of speed and strength. His awareness probably could have been higher but doing so probably would have raised his OVR too much. Hill's rating seems solid; I think he's primed for year two as the top corner on this team. I'm disappointed Bartell is listed as a FS, he's our #3 corner but will be starting with Fakhir suspended. Never good to have a starter listed as a back-up at a different position. It's nice to see Witherspoon well represented in the middle, but I'm hoping to add another LB to the roster so Draft (whom I believe is underrated @ a 78) can be shifted elsewhere.

On offense, Bulger's rating seems accurate to me, but I'd be curious to see where he stacks up with other QBs in the league - too lazy to go team by team to check it out. As for Leonard, a 78 OVR for a mid to late second round RB/FB sounds fine to me. Hall really hasn't done much as a receiver so I think his OVR is fine; he got more than enough respect in the return department. Mark Setterstrom, despite playing well at the end of the year, seems a bit overrated as a 79, but he very well might earn that rating quickly in 2007.

LOL, yes, screw this game because the ratings you can edit yourself aren't exactly how you want them!!! :x

True, I think Barron is overrated. Pisa as an 82 I don't mind as much, he needs to prove he can stay healthy.
    I agree, overall it's pretty fair, they did a decent job. But bumping Draft and Pisa down like that really hurts the defense, and it's unwarranted. But I guess they want to see Pisa play and are erring on the side of caution like you say, then they can always bump him back up in the roster update.

I plan on rockin some people with the Rams this year regardless. If anyone plays online let's hook up for some practice. You guys see the new playbook? Lovin it!

BigDaddyPace Guest

Pisa really hasn't proven anything.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    I agree, overall it's pretty fair, they did a decent job. But bumping Draft and Pisa down like that really hurts the defense, and it's unwarranted. But I guess they want to see Pisa play and are erring on the side of caution like you say, then they can always bump him back up in the roster update.

I plan on rockin some people with the Rams this year regardless. If anyone plays online let's hook up for some practice. You guys see the new playbook? Lovin it!
    you have an xbox 360?
    Built RAM tough

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Thoughts already summed up, esp on the LB corp. I think McMichael and Bulger could be a little higher. If Pace returns to form from injury then he can be back to his usual 99 from 96 for this year. As stated above, they will change these in roster updates.

QB ratings:
    Manning; 99
    Brady; 98
    Palmer; 97
    Brees; 95
    Bulger; 94
    McNabb; 94

I can play online for PS3, but not for 360 since it's going back to college with my brother again.
    Last edited by prof22693; -08-10-2007 at 04:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast