sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Madden, I hate you with a passion

I see the update listing on pastapadre and I look at it hoping to see at least 7 updates theres 3......

First off I see Jason Smith OL STL Increase, from 85 to 86OVR
    With him being our RT thats a good update because he is in I believe top 7 ranked RT's in the NFL on madden (not offical just a estimate) but wheres the update for saffold he played great and is only a 74 which makes mad because alex barron is 72 what is up with that? Just another reason to hate you madden.

Then I see Sam Bradford QB STL Increase, from 84 to 85OVR
    I was thinkin cool that puts him up pretty high on the list for being a rookie. Freeman, ryan, and flacco are the only recent draft picks that are rated higher I would of liked to see a little higher maybe 86 but I am greedy lol.

Then I see Steven Jackson HB STL Decrease, from 95 to 94OVR
    I am I thinkin to myself you have got to be kidding me.....

Steven was a 95 at the start of madden 11 and the season. Season goes on and he goes up to a 96. Then he goes down to 95. And finally now 94???? Are you kidding me madden.

They gave marc bulger a 2 point increase and he did literally absolutey nothing the entire year.

So seriously steven gets over 1200 rush yards , goes for 330 carries with 1 fumble the entire year (2 last year), scores a td in the pro bowl and goes down 2 point levels. Not to mention steven fumbles alot on the game for me at least and that shouldnt happen he doesnt fumble, EVER!

Madden YOU ARE A JOKE!!! I can not wait for the day that ESPN rishes from the ashes and strikes down madden and causes them to disappear entirely.

I am going to my local pawnshop tomarrow to buy 2k5. It honestly is still better than madden 11. I'll just custom make Sammy B and add a julio jones or something like that.
    Last edited by sjacksonrules; -02-18-2011 at 12:22 AM. Reason: typo and left a part out

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Re: Madden, I hate you with a passion

Why not increase / decrease the stats as you see fit? Thats what i do, i was miffed whenever they took Onobun off the roster, but i just made him again, even better. Im not sure what Donny based his updates on, he had Larry Grant increase to a 71 on the last update i got, and he was demoted from starting position.lol.

Are you on ps3 or xbox?

I'm on xbox. I know I can adjust my roster as I see fit but its just a hassle that I shouldn't have to do its their job to do it. I added fendi but he is rated so low its ridiculous.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Man, you gamers really take this stuff seriously. It's a shame that Madden seems to have gone downhill. I think the last one I had was 2005, and I always thought that was pretty fun. Is it just the ratings that are upsetting you, or has the game play gone downhill?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Man, you gamers really take this stuff seriously. It's a shame that Madden seems to have gone downhill. I think the last one I had was 2005, and I always thought that was pretty fun. Is it just the ratings that are upsetting you, or has the game play gone downhill?

It is everything. Espn was better in every aspect. Controls were better, people look more realistic, u can have ur own music, the updates were better and more frequent, the game play was better, franchise was better, halftime was better, it didn't have chris collinsworth makin stupid comments, I think u get the point.

I just bought 2k5 and I have to say this. I AM IN HEAVEN. Holt rated at 100, bruce at 89, I have faulk and steven, this is absolutely amazing I love it. Not to mention you can play as the 79 rams or the 99 rams. I LOVE THIS GAME.

sad part is the graphics dont look that much different in madden 11 as they do in 2k5.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

chris collinsworth
    Oops, you got me there. I can't stand Chris Collinsworth. IIRC, the last time I played Madden, the commentators were still John and Pat.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Oops, you got me there. I can't stand Chris Collinsworth. IIRC, the last time I played Madden, the commentators were still John and Pat.

Chris collinsworth makes me want to stab a soldering iron in my eye. I blame him for the loss to the hags in week 17

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Complaining about the ratings is a bit silly. You can change them as you see fit, if you think they're inaccurate. The bigger complaint should be that EA has pumped out a grossly mediocre product ever since they locked up exclusive rights with the NFL, and that it's essentially been the same game for at least the past three years now.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Come on man, it's just an opinion of probably one person. Looking at the stats, he is on the decline. Chill out.
    God, I wish I had some your problems.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I still hold firm that the only football games I will play is NCAA and Blitz: the League. Madden Barely changes things from year to year, and refuses to provide any kind of update to the My Player mode.