Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Naysayers...

Meanwhile... at the Hall of Naysayers...

The Crowd: Mutter mutter mutter mutter....

Lex Loser: "Okay... everyone! Settle down! Let's go around the room and get these problems out in the open."

Arch Enemy: "Well, I, for one, don't like where things are headed. Adam had a game saving sack last week, a big interception for a TD this week, and he's tackling well. How am I supposed to call him 'through' now? How, I ask you!"

Barron Von Tamountomuch: "Well, what about me! I've been calling Alex a bust for weeks and now he's a savior! He better give up a sack next week or I'm toast!"

Marmie Alarmie: "You guys have it easy. You only have to root for one player to fail! I have to hope an entire unit fails, and so far, they've been playing pretty good! What am I to do!?!"

DTDetractor: "Yeah, and every time the Rams have a good game against the run, the DTs are getting credit. How am I supposed to make my point that they wasted three first round picks?!!!?"

Mr. Martzmustgo: "All I know is that I better see some crackpot playcalling or some time management snafus pretty soon!"

Warnergheist: "Either that, or Bulger needs to start throwing lots of interceptions!"

Lex Loser: "Enough! Okay, here's what we're going to do... Arch... you focus on the problems covering big WRs and TEs..."

Arch Enemy: "Excellent!"

Lex Loser: "Barron... you focus on every bad play the offensive line makes, particularly if it can be blamed on Alex. Remember, the Rams run a high-risk offense. There will be plenty of chances for you to complain!"

Barron Von Tamountomuch: "Will do!"

Lex Loser: "Marmie... DTD... you focus on the defense's failure to shut down teams completely. The are, after all, giving up an average of over twenty points per game!"

DTDetractor: "But some of those were defensive and special teams scores..."

Lex Loser: "Never mind that! Since when has the Legion of Naysayers worried about details?"

DTDetractor: "Sorry."

Lex Loser: "And you... Warnergheist... focus on Bulger's three fumbles. You should be able to get some good mileage out of that!"

Warnergheist: "Piece of cake."

Mr. Martzmustgo: "What about me?"

Lex Loser: "You just keep on doing what you've been doing. Poison the media - local and national. Keep up the campaign of portraying Martz as a madman. You're doing a great job."

Mr. Martzmustgo: "Thanks!"

Lex Loser: "Okay, everyone has their assignments. Remember, we've only faced a minor setback. Its a long season, and bad things will happen, I assure you. Our job is to be there when they happen and make sure that they are overstated and exaggerated. We must stop the Super Friends of the Rams! That is our mission! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Meanwhile, at the Hall of Naysayers...-halldoom.jpg  
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -09-26-2005 at 11:35 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Meanwhile, at the Hall of Naysayers...

LOL I can't believe Dez doesn't charge us a premium for this stuff. LOL
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

AV - You know, when you take all of the obvious negatives off the table before the week starts the Naysayers will have to dig deeper into their gunney sacks.

ARF .....(hehe)

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Good stuff Avenger. It makes me laugh. I like the names of the naysayers. hehehehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Well, I'm listening to KFNS right now and Jay Randolph
    & Mike Claiborne are not happy with the win. How strange; they are saying that the RAMS will go 6-10 or 8-8. LOL

Can't even get an at a boy from the local media.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    Can't even get an at a boy from the local media.
    And the media can't even get answers to the fans questions when they have access.

Their opinions are worth no more than the every day fans opinions.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

He dons his rose colored glasses,
    with 2 wins he certainly passes,
    those failures that had failed;
    and woes them that bailed,
    then lectures all the masses.

With Miss Pollyanna he gleefully dances,
    down the Primrose Path he delightfully prances.
    My he is gay,
    he's having his day,
    and enjoying another of his trances.

The Avenger speaks powerfully strong,
    "I told you, you all were wrong!
    Just listen tonight,
    to him who is right!
    And listen to my wonderful song!"

Two naked wins and a sorrowful loss,
    now he thinks that Marmie's the boss,
    "He's climbed to the top,
    he'll never ever stop,
    cause he fired off all the dross.

Don't whine about the critics, especially after we just barely escaped with 2 wins, and got humiliated by the Scarlet Miners. Not much to brag about I say. Marmie ain't got us to the promised land, and he ain't out of the dog house. Yeah, I still doubt him.

But, we're making progress, and everyone deserves a chance to change and improve, even John Kerry.

And, I feel good....

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    My he is gay
    Are you hitting on me?

Sorry, I'm taken.

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    He dons his rose colored glasses,
    with 2 wins he certainly passes,
    those failures that had failed;
    and woes them that bailed,
    then lectures all the masses.

With Miss Pollyanna he gleefully dances,
    down the Primrose Path he delightfully prances.
    My he is gay,
    he's having his day,
    and enjoying another of his trances.

The Avenger speaks powerfully strong,
    "I told you, you all were wrong!
    Just listen tonight,
    to him who is right!
    And listen to my wonderful song!"

Two naked wins and a sorrowful loss,
    now he thinks that Marmie's the boss,
    "He's climbed to the top,
    he'll never ever stop,
    cause he fired off all the dross.

Don't whine about the critics, especially after we just barely escaped with 2 wins, and got humiliated by the Scarlet Miners. Not much to brag about I say. Marmie ain't got us to the promised land, and he ain't out of the dog house. Yeah, I still doubt him.

But, we're making progress, and everyone deserves a chance to change and improve, even John Kerry.

And, I feel good....
    Nice retaliation CB... :up:
    This space for rent...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Don't whine about the critics, especially after we just barely escaped with 2 wins, and got humiliated by the Scarlet Miners.
    Wow! Being a Rams fan must be down-right painful for some people. We win 2 of 3 to start the season, but apparently there's a new column in the stat books that differentiates between wins and "barely escaped" wins. So I guess right now we have two "barely escaped" wins and 0 real wins. I have to ask when it comes to post-season will "barely escaped" wins be eliminated from the record or are they just de-valued in some way? And how does losing by 3 points on the road amount to being "humiliated"?

So let's say "barely escaped" wins are only half the value of a win, and "humiliated" losses are twice as bad......does that mean we're not really 2-1, but instead 1-2? Man, and here I thought we had a winning record? What was I thinking?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Wow! Being a Rams fan must be down-right painful for some people. We win 2 of 3 to start the season, but apparently there's a new column in the stat books that differentiates between wins and "barely escaped" wins. So I guess right now we have two "barely escaped" wins and 0 real wins. I have to ask when it comes to post-season will "barely escaped" wins be eliminated from the record or are they just de-valued in some way? And how does losing by 3 points on the road amount to being "humiliated"?

So let's say "barely escaped" wins are only half the value of a win, and "humiliated" losses are twice as bad......does that mean we're not really 2-1, but instead 1-2? Man, and here I thought we had a winning record? What was I thinking?

LOL, that was funny but unfortunatly ..... true

Here's how it works:

Win big - the other team sucks.
    Win close game - barely escaped.
    Lose close game - were humiliated by bad team.
    Lose big - Rams suck.

Its this kind of evil scheme that we must face...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Meanwhile, at the Hall of Naysayers...-challengecredit.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Are you hitting on me?

Sorry, I'm taken.

No, not at all. I'm just chiding your overly optimisitic perspective.

And no, I'm not hitting on you. Everyone knows that nothing can come between the love affair you and Bernie M. have going on.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison

Bah Hub,
    Proverbs 17:28
    Even a fool, when he keeps silent, is counted wise. When he shuts his lips, he is thought to be discerning.

Yes, there was a time when being a Rams' fan was painful, when fans wore paper bags over their heads, when the Rams' FO treated it players below league standards, and when, believe it or not, the Fans chanted "Defense, Defense" in Los Angeles, when the Rams had the ball and they were playing the Scarlet Miners. Yes, there was a time.

Not anymore.

You are welcome to create any category of game rating you want, but I hope you don't balance your checkbook that way (maybe you're a government employee and can get away with it).

But I have not missed experiencing the painful loss to our biggest rival. Didn't you feel any pain? I did. Who wants to lose to them, of all teams? Perhaps that's fine with you Hub, not me. Especially when we should have blown them out.

And I remember a few years ago, a significant, and painful 3 point loss. Did you forget, or didn't it matter?

Hub,
    If that loss to the 4-9ers doesn't bother you, I'll point out that it bothered many others. In fact, one esteemed poster wrote,

"I just feel sick about this one."

Hub,
    Is he wrong to have felt that way? And Hub, didn't you pick the Rams to win? Yes, it was a humiliating loss to me. Anybody but them.

Hub,
    And wasn't there a post a couple weeks ago about not only winning but how we win? Who here, didn't fear, we could lose, when they were near ? I expected our team to crush the Card, instead we escaped without dignity. I expected to lose to Tenn, but we won, but it was not a win that would cause a feeling of football superiority.

Don't shoebox me Hub. If I've rained on your parade, sorry, but I still think we've got cause to be concerned.

After all, the O-Line is older, not younger. We're years away from our SB win. Many of our skill position players are older, not younger. And most notable, the weak teams that we have to play again from last season have gotten stronger. Doesn't that concern you?

I'm not overly pessimistic, but I don't think we can dance in celebration just yet. I'm objecting to Av's exaggerated, but nicely written, criticism of those that are still concerned.

I'll take 3 point wins all season long.

We're 2-1 and I'll take it.

Naysayers come and go.

Optimists live forever.

-- Confusedus

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast