Thread: Mri

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Mri

I've just had to have an MRI this afternoon, the first of my life.

It was on my right shoulder, an old injury aggravated by digging a large ditch in a peat bog in Ireland.

And I have to tell you, what a bloody awful experience it was. Lying in a plastic coffin with tremendously loud bangs, squeaks, whistles and buzzsaw noises with temperature rising and nausea settling in, it was unpleasant at 25 minutes long.

Went for a beer as soon as I got out.

So now evertime I hear of a player going for an MRI he has my deepest symapthy.

:x

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Mri

agree 110%. Had one on my knee and it was only to my waist. There is no way anyone would get me one of them tubes head first.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    I've just had to have an MRI this afternoon, the first of my life.

It was on my right shoulder, an old injury aggravated by digging a large ditch in a peat bog in Ireland.

And I have to tell you, what a bloody awful experience it was. Lying in a plastic coffin with tremendously loud bangs, squeaks, whistles and buzzsaw noises with temperature rising and nausea settling in, it was unpleasant at 25 minutes long.

Went for a beer as soon as I got out.

So now evertime I hear of a player going for an MRI he has my deepest symapthy.

:x
    I have had a couple of MRI's. They gave me headphones and I listened to the radio station that they picked. It was better than no headphones at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I had one on my lower back and had to go in head first all the way. Lasted 45 minutes or so and it was the only time in my life I have had a panic attack and felt clausterphobic like that. It was horrible and the only thing that kept me from freaking out, was knowing that if I moved I'd have to start over. If I ever have to do it again it'll be an open MRI wether my insurance pays for it or not.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Did any of you read that story a few weeks back about the gal who got tired of waiting for the technician to get her out of the MRI tube only to find out she had been there 4 hours and everyone had gone home?

She called 911 for someone to let her out of the facility.

Sounds like impending civil action to me....

BTW Fat.... what was the result of your MRI? Or has the radiologist not made his best guess yet?
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Wow. I feel weird. I've had to have an MRI and a CAT scan on my head and it never bothered me. Also had them for my knee's. I just listen to the headphones they give me and chill for 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    Did any of you read that story a few weeks back about the gal who got tired of waiting for the technician to get her out of the MRI tube only to find out she had been there 4 hours and everyone had gone home?

She called 911 for someone to let her out of the facility.

Sounds like impending civil action to me....

BTW Fat.... what was the result of your MRI? Or has the radiologist not made his best guess yet?
    Get the results from the Doc on Thursday. He thinks that its my AC joint(??? I think that's what he said) where the collarbone meets some other bone whose name I forget, but he's not entirely sure its not ligaments hence the MRI.

I have a grave suspicion I'm going to be hearing the words "...previous impact injury...", "...chronic condition...", "...result of being an idiot in your youth..." and the obligatory "...lose some weight you oaf...".

Doctors you actually know are worse than ones you don't when its diagnostic time I've found. Lot more blunt.
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -11-06-2007 at 04:39 AM.

Okay, its the AC joint and the shoulder joint. Degenerative changes, tendiniodis blah, blah......

Had two steroid injections yesterday (felt very queasy :x hate needles).

6 weeks of physio, bags of frozen peas and no gym.

If that doesn't work then keyhole.

:\

Play football when you're young by all means but know how much its going to hurt later.

I didn't dare ask about my knee, there's only so much bad news (and so many bills) a man can take at one time.