Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Musical instruments

OK, less of the jokes and right onto the serious stuff.

One thing I always regretted was learning to play a musical instrument.

Now middle age is kicking in and its time for me to get with it LOL

What musical instrument do you play? or if you donít but would wish to play one, what would it be?

I have a hankering for a violin or a trumpet. Maybe an oboe

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Musical instruments

I played the piano when I was a kid, but I always wanted to learn guitar. That looks like fun.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

psycho9985 Guest

I play the guitar.Not very good anymore,But I could still make you tap your feet.Now the blues harp is different story(make you cry and want to see your mama). :tongue: .

thoey is offline Registered User

I was in band since the age of 11 or 12. I learned to play clarinet, sax, and alternate percussion (bass drum, cymbals, bongo's, and a lot of other little things that made noise). My senior year I earned the job of Drum Major for the marching band. I was also an All State Tenor in choir my senior year of high school. I've always had a love for music...

Wish I could learn piano or bass guitar, but due to a left hand injury, I don't think I could ever play it well.
    This space for rent...

and that brings me on to the next question, what do you think the easiest musical instrument would be?

jkramsfan Guest

I Can Barely Program My Dvd Player With The Remote Control,i Dont Think Musical Instruments Are In The Cards For Me.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

On an island in the pacific (OK on Maui), there is a small shop in Lahaina (sp?) where an ex-patriot sells a small instrument made from bamboo. It is called a "Xaphoon" www.xaphoon.com.

It is a reed instrument that emulates the sounds of a tenor sax. It is in the Key of C. It's a shop worth patronizing.
    Last edited by adarian_too; -05-18-2005 at 02:03 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I took guitar lessons for a couple of months as a kid, but I lost interest quickly. I wish I had taken the time to learn.

I can sing a bit. I've been known to do the karaoke thing from time to time, and I recently got talked into singing with a band at a party. My rendition of the Eagle's "Peaceful Easy Feeling" (with strong backup from a talented female vocalist in the band) received quite positive reviews.

I can't dance, though.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I play piano and sing. Did it for school and some local stuff in high school.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RammieGirl Guest

I used to play the violin when I was a kid but for some reason I always had to practice before my dad got home from work. Apparently my dad couldn't appreciate the magical sound that I produced. But I actually always wanted to play the drums. I have a friend that is a drummer in a band and they limit me on my drum time too, so obviously I was not born to be a musician. I do a great tambourine though......LOL

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Dez, if you lubricate me with enough beer, I can play one heck of a mean CD player and mixing console (from the bar days....)

Seriously, I can't speak from experience, but I hear that a Dulcimer is fairly easy to learn....here is a link to a webpage to tell you more about them. Oh, by the way, they are pretty much an old-time hillbilly instrument....

http://www.cedarcreekdulcimers.com/catalog1.htm

ramsfan1975 Guest

This one time in band camp.........

RealRam is offline Registered User

Another "when I was child" true story: I learned to play the Cello and performed in children's orchestra / concerts. Later I touched the guitar a few times and the piano too.

All that is gone. :upset: I only enjoy listening to music, very much.
    Last edited by RealRam; -05-18-2005 at 08:59 PM.

psycho9985 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    and that brings me on to the next question, what do you think the easiest musical instrument would be?
    The kazzo or the juice harp.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I currently play drums in a band called 'The Brewmasters of the Elephant's Foot Lounge.' We play anything rock pretty much, lots of Pearl Jam, lots of Zeppelin, thrown in some Tom Petty, Soundgarden, Oasis, and more and that's us. We're in the early stages of getting everything together for some performances around town but it's difficult with the front man (my sister's fiancee) getting ready for a wedding this year.

I've played drums since the age of 12. Never took lessons, just taught myself. Drums are an excellent way to relieve stress and anger too. Many times after Rams losses I retire to the basement and go nuts for an hour or so. Good way to lose a few excess calories from the brats, Chunky Soup, and frosty beverages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast