throwback week

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

My Dad celebrated

his one year anniversary of his heart attack a couple of days ago.

Last year, my parents were in Florida, hiding from the cold weather and some of you might remember that my Dad had a heart attack in March. They went for a walk and my Dad did not feel very well. He had some weakness, some pain, and shortness of breath. They called for help on their cell phone and the local fire department and an ambulence came out to investigate. They checked out my ol man and gave him a thumbs up. They thought he was fine. My Dad opted for a ride to the hospital just in case, and he ended up coding in the ambulence. They had to hit him with the juice twice to get him restarted. My Mom got to witness the excitement, she was in the car behind the ambulence. She did a lot of praying while she watched and God must be watching out for them since he is still with us.

He did recover last year and he seem to be fine after adjusting to the different medications. They both turned vegetarian and all is good. He went by the firestation a couple of days ago and brought the firestation guys a big package of goodies and a thank you note with his picture on it.

Remember clan....all those cheeseburgers add up.....eat well...live long and prosper.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: My Dad celebrated

great to here the good news Utter

shame about those burgers though

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Renee -

I'm glad your father has been able to have a second chance, so to speak. Enjoy each day you can spend with him. He sounds like a really great dad.

Sounds to me like you have family you can be proud of. And, I'm sure your parents are proud of you, as well.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Dez I hope you are following the doctor's orders as well. Do you get to eat cheesburgers now?

Sam, my family is a good one and I am proud of them. This is really the ol' man's third chance since he had open heart surgery a couple of years before the heart attack. He was running out of life back then. He could not do anything and even eating would zap his energy. He was hanging on to things to keep himself upright and using all fours to go up the stairs just in case he passed out. Life improved for him in a big way after the open heart surgery. The heart attack was a surprise and that caused a lot more uncertainty and depression for my parents, but they seem to have moved on to other things now.

He is a fighter. Head strong and obnoxious. He won't leave this world easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Dez I hope you are following the doctor's orders as well. Do you get to eat cheesburgers now?

Sam, my family is a good one and I am proud of them. This is really the ol' man's third chance since he had open heart surgery a couple of years before the heart attack. He was running out of life back then. He could not do anything and even eating would zap his energy. He was hanging on to things to keep himself upright and using all fours to go up the stairs just in case he passed out. Life improved for him in a big way after the open heart surgery. The heart attack was a surprise and that caused a lot more uncertainty and depression for my parents, but they seem to have moved on to other things now.

He is a fighter. Head strong and obnoxious. He won't leave this world easily.
    Awesome recovery....God Bless!!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Great Utter.....glad to hear about your family doing much better.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Good to hear your father is doing well!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AlphaRam Guest

Here's to your dad, UB!

Did you get your Vulcan blood from your dad's side or your mom's side? (I saw the live long and prosper thing you wrote).