Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The "Name The Last Movie You Watched" Game

Name the last movie - that's movie, as in SINGULAR - you watched, and give a brief review. Here's the format.

Title: List the title of the movie here
    Rating: How many :ramlogo: do you give this movie (four maximum)?
    Review: Give a brief couple of sentences to discuss what you liked or didn't like. Try not to spoil anything in the movie, but if you must, be sure to give some kind of warning that your review contains spoilers.

I'll kick things off with my reply.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Re: The "Name The Last Movie You Watched" Game

Title: White Noise
    Rating: :ramlogo: :ramlogo:
    Review: White Noise was a decent suspense film that tried to be a bit more than what it was. It kept my attention until the end, when things just got a bit too hokey. They tried to give an interesting surprise plot twist at the end, except the direction didn't have enough of a set-up to make it really work. Overall, decent, but nothing special.

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

Title: The Longest Yard
    Rating: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo:
    Review: Very funny and entertaining movie. Adam Sandler and Chris Rock were perfect for this movie and the "cheerleaders" are absolutely hilarious. Great movie if you like comedy and just want to enjoy and have fun. I'd watch it again!!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Title: Madagascar
    Rating: :ramlogo: + 1/2
    Review: Had some funny lines and pretty good animation but over all it was over hyped and predictable. That said, my daughter loved it, and if she would have rated it she would give it 4 Ram logo's

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

• title: Darkness :ramlogo: -1/2
    • Been done
    • Bad ending
    • not scary
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Movie: Ernest in the Army

Rating: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo:

Review: Two words---Very silly. Jim Varney has always been one of the biggest goofballs I have ever seen. May he rest in peace. In this flick....well, you'd just have to see it. If I say much besides "golf", and "pancakes", I'll give everything away. A must see if you have kids.

(Apparently, GeezerFace can't find the logout button, either. Sheesh!)
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -06-07-2005 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Pa didn't sign out

rammiser is offline Registered User

Title: Are We There Yet?

Rating:

Review: This movie has it's funny moments but it reminded me an aweful lot of the road trip in the Johnson family vacation. I felt Like I was watching a re-run at times. If you havnt seen Johnson family vacation it probably will be very funny.
    Last edited by rammiser; -06-23-2005 at 12:58 PM.
    Just Fix It

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Title: Revenge of the Sith Rating: :ramlogo: Review: Star Wars was great when I was a kid. It's just kinda old now!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Animal House -a Classic About College Frat Parties Starring The Late John Bulushi

WisRamsFan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Well, my wife and I watch a lot of movies, but the most recent one that I really enjoyed was Ladder 49.

This movie could be added to my list in the tearjerker thread. I thought the acting was excellant and the story was well written and easy to follow. What firefighters go through is simply amazing and is definately not for everyone. It takes a special kind of person to be a firefighter. If we have any firefighters who frequent this board, thank you for all that you do.

Title: I Heart Huckabees
    Review: This movie had some comical moments, and I think overall the acting was good, but I couldn't get a good grip on the script and what everything meant. It sort of came together at the end, but I wasn't blown away by what I saw.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Title: Are We There Yet?

Review: This movie was funny but predictable. It is good for a laugh but not a movie that I would go to the theatre to see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gap Guest

Title: Ocean's Twelve
    Rating: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: 1/2
    Review: I just watched Oceam's 12 again last night. The first time I watched it, the movie seem a bit disjointed, but was still fun to watch. Watching it the second time allowed me to see the connections I missed the first time.

gap

Hostage
    -Rating: *** out of ****
    -Good action/drama that didn't pretend to be more than it was. Well acted all around, I thought. Freaky though to see Ben Foster continue the never-ending-trend of sitcom actors going dark to try and break away from being typecast. He gave me the shivers in this movie.

To Kill a Mockingbird
    -Rating: ***1/2 out of ****
    -I thought the acting in this movie was outstanding, especially from the children, whom I learned in a movie appreciation class were unknown and untrained when they did this. The story was compelling and moved at a decent pace, especially for a movie over 40 years old now.

THX-1138
    -Rating: ** out of ****
    -I have a feeling this is a movie that, if I watched it a couple more times, would really grow on me. At times I thought it moved too slow and was a bit too mysterious about everything. I felt like I learned more about the plot and setting through context clues than I did by actually watching and listening to what was being presented. I could only take so much of people talking in numbers before it started to lose its appeal.

Kinsey
    -Rating: *** out of ****
    -Pretty good movie with solid acting. Nothing really special, I don't think, but a good work nonetheless. Neeson was good, but would have been better if he had more to express. I didn't feel like he had a lot of acting to do in this movie, save for a few parts. But that said, I still thought it was a good work overall.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

THX-1138
    -Rating: ** out of ****
    -I have a feeling this is a movie that, if I watched it a couple more times, would really grow on me. At times I thought it moved too slow and was a bit too mysterious about everything. I felt like I learned more about the plot and setting through context clues than I did by actually watching and listening to what was being presented. I could only take so much of people talking in numbers before it started to lose its appeal.
    This is the one that put Lucas on the map. It's not for everyone, but that was the mind of George Lucas while studying film at USC. It wasn't yet Star Wars, but he was getting there. I saw James Cameron talking about the movie, and he mentioned that one of his favorite parts was how the system stopped chasing Duvall because "it was costing too much and the chase was going over budget". Cameron said that was Lucas' not-so-subtle jab at studio heads, that like to shut down entire productions because they go a little over budget. That frustration has been a hallmark of Lucas ever since.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast