Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The "Name The Last Movie You Watched" Game

Yojimbo
    -Rating: **1/2 out of ****
    -This was a good movie, but I wasn't as impressed with this as I was with Kurosawa's Seven Samurai. Mifune's character was well drawn out, but I felt that he was really the only character I knew anything about. That said, still a well done movie, I think.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

thoey is offline Registered User

National Treasure

-Rating: **1/2 out of ****

- Nothing spectacular, but just entertaining.
    This space for rent...

Hotel Rwanda
    -Rating: *** out of ****
    -Good movie that showed a lot of emotion and turmoil. I wasn't as impressed with the writing as I thought I'd be, but Don Cheadle gave a good performance and the story just reaches out to you. Really had me pulled in early and throughout the whole movie.

rammiser is online now Registered User

Movie: Napoleon Dynamite

Rating:

There are some funny parts and the main character cracks me up. The movie is just down right stupid. There are some good one liners and if you go into the movie and dont expect much you might like it.
    Just Fix It

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Title: Batman Begins:
    Rating: :Seahawk Logo :Seahawk Logo :Seahawk Logo :Seahawk Logo
    Synopsis: Excellent movie, Christian Bale is a much better Batman than the previous 2. Do not think that this is anywhere near the Batman of George Clooney or Val Kilmer. You will be wrong and surprised. The movie show what happened between the deaths of his parents and him becoming batman. Very cool, if you like Batman. Plus Katie Holmes is hot (although she istainted with that Tom Cruise thing)

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

Title: Revenge of the Sith
    Rating:

If your a Star War fan, go see it. It ties up all the rest of the films and puts everything in its place. If you have never watched a Star Wars film (yea right) then dont bother.

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr
    Title: Batman Begins:
    Rating: :Seahawk Logo :Seahawk Logo :Seahawk Logo :Seahawk Logo
    Synopsis: Excellent movie, Christian Bale is a much better Batman than the previous 2. Do not think that this is anywhere near the Batman of George Clooney or Val Kilmer. You will be wrong and surprised. The movie show what happened between the deaths of his parents and him becoming batman. Very cool, if you like Batman. Plus Katie Holmes is hot (although she istainted with that Tom Cruise thing)
    I've heard this is probably the best Batman movie ever, so I'm pumped to see it on the IMAX first week of July. Although I'm still not sold on the look of the "new" Batmobile.

Rams Guy 31 is offline Registered User

Lethal Weapon 2

It was good. I still think 3,4, and 1 are better.

BBlades89 is offline Registered User

Title: Crash
    Rating: :Seahawks Logo :Seahawks Logo :Seahawks Logo :Seahawks Logo
    Synopsis: I loved this movie! I came into it not really knowing what to expect. I left in awe. Some people will not like this movie at all though. There is a lot of rasicm, but it all has a point. Go see it already!

Nice Jacket

I've slacked for a while, so I'm going to make a big update.

Vertigo
    -Rating:
    -One of Hitchcock's classics that I really enjoyed. It was especially interesting to see James Stewart play a role that was somewhat different from what he was used to playing for Hitchcock, and actually get some darker stuff in there.

Midnight Cowboy
    -Rating:
    -Didn't really enjoy this one at all, though I think Dustin Hoffman put in a good performance. That said, I was expecting more from what was the only X-rated movie to win a Best Picture Oscar.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith
    -Rating:
    -Very fun summer flick, and it's no wonder that Pitt and Jolie are an item now, because their chemistry makes this movie. This is definitely something I'll be picking up on DVD, not because it's a great piece of cinema, but just because it was pretty fun with some nice comedy and action to boot.

Batman Begins
    -Rating:
    -Rates right up there with X-Men 2 and Spider-Man 2 as one of the best comic movies I've ever seen. Despite some complaints about the batsuit and Batmobile design, I think the movie was fantastic. Christian Bale IS Batman, in my opinion. This movie once again makes the Dark Knight something to fear.

Amores Perros
    -Rating:
    -Very good movie in the spirit of 21 Grams in the sense that it follows separate stories and then shows how they interconnect. I really liked 21 Grams, so it's no surprise I enjoyed this film as well. The acting is quite good, and the plots are compelling. My only complaint would be that, at over 2 1/2 hours, it does drag a bit in some parts.

The Great Escape
    -Rating:
    -Decent movie, remarkable when you consider it's based on true events, but I wasn't overly impressed. Steve McQueen seemed indifferent to everything, and perhaps that's what they were going for, but it started to bug me a bit. Some of the dialogue was hard to follow. Doesn't help that the DVD had no subtitles option, so I probably lost a lot of the subplots that weren't played upon as much.

Dial M for Murder
    -Rating:
    -Classic, IMO. I wish I could see it in 3D, because you can tell where Hitchcock had intentionally left different layers for enjoyment of the film in that aspect. The acting was fantastic, especially by the leads, Ray Milland and Grace Kelly. There's something creepy about Milland's calculated nature.

War of the Worlds
    -Rating:
    -Wasn't expecting to like this one as much as I thought I would, only because I anticipated the movie getting hype from Tom Cruise's off-screen life. But I really enjoyed this movie, and I think Speilburg succeeded in making a modern day adaptation of what Wells put out over 100 years ago. Dakota Fanning COMPLETELY steals the show, talk about a great performance!

Wedding Crashers
    -Rating:
    -I didn't laugh as much as I thought I would, but when I did laugh, I was nearly in tears. If you've seen stuff from this crew before, in the likes of Dodgeball or Zoolander or Meet the Parents, then you know you're in for a trip. Unlike some comedies though, I don't think the trailers gave away the funniest bits in the movie.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    -Rating:
    -Good, but I still prefer the original perhaps only because of it coming first. The kids were well cast for their roles and Depp did an interesting job with Wonka, but I'm not sure that I came out really liking it. It was solid and different, but at times I felt like it was trying too hard to be different.

Masspatsfan12 is offline Registered User

The last movie that I saw was the Fantastic Four. It was an okay movie if we are giving a rating system I'd give it a three out of four rams. The movie is based on the comics where four people are sent to out of space, to do research on how the planet exists. I'd go on more with the movie but I am sure that most of you have already heard of this movie from the hype that surrounded it.

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

W/r to Batman Begins... I liked it.

Bale was good - you kind of get into the character... plenty of actions. Plot is tedious.

Is/was that the "new" or the "old" Batmobile??

Wedding Crashers... At some points I laughed and at others I wanted to walk out. I guess I am getting old!

I'll have to check out batman begins as well as wedding crashers. Thanks for the tip.

BBlades89 is offline Registered User

Oh, and BTW...If you haven't seen Sin City...rent it (it comes out 8/16). It's not for everyone, but the majority you will like the movie. I've already seen it twice and I just can't get enough!!

You can read a review here and also see what other critics thought:
    Reel.com - Sin City

Ebert's Review

Last but not least...A good review by a Viewer
    Last edited by BBlades89; -07-20-2005 at 01:42 PM.

Nice Jacket

I did see the review of Sin City on yahoo.com and I liked it, though I was waiting until it came on video. I didn't feel like dealing with the high ticket prices along with the teeny boppers.