Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BBlades89 is offline Registered User

Re: The "Name The Last Movie You Watched" Game

Quote Originally Posted by Masspatsfan12
    I did see the review of Sin City on yahoo.com and I liked it, though I was waiting until it came on video. I didn't feel like dealing with the high ticket prices along with the teeny boppers.
    Yeah, I went on opening night (which I hate doing) and it wasn't too bad for the most part except for a few people behind me who I wanted to smack upside the head. :mask:

Nice Jacket

Masspatsfan12 is offline Registered User

you should try to see National Treasure. I saw it in Late June, it stars Nicholas Cage and John Voigt, the whole premise of the movie is about a treasure map that Nicolas Cage Searches for that is on the Back of the Declaration of Independance. I thought I wasn't going to like it but, it was good from start to finish. I'll give it 3 out of 4 rams for a rating.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

"Derailed"
    Rating:

The first half wasn't very good, and made me really wonder why I paid money to see it. But the movie got better as it closed in toward the climax (which features a nice twist), however it drags on for like 10-15 minutes after where it should end. Jennifer Aniston doesn't have as much screen time as you'd think, and Xzibit's role in the film was horrible. Still, the twist is interesting and Clive Owens did a good job playing a more vulnerable role. Two out of four stars, and that's probably being generous.

RAMS134 is offline Registered User

Went to see Chicken Little with my daughter for her 9th B-day. The movie wasnt to bad but wasnt that great either. The one thing was my daughter loved it.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I saw Batman Begins recently on DVD. This was my favorite of all the Batman movies. Of course as I've stated earlier, I don't "get" Tim Burton, so it makes sense that this one would be favorite.

However, I don't like how they basically erase everything we know about the Joker from the first movie. They just kind of re-write the Waynes' death and how Joker came to be.

I'm not a big fan of re-writing plot history, but other than that I thought it was great. Katie Holmes is hot, too bad she's now tainted with the stink of Dr. Cruise, cult leader and part-time shrink.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    However, I don't like how they basically erase everything we know about the Joker from the first movie. They just kind of re-write the Waynes' death and how Joker came to be.
    Well, I think that was rewritten and different from the comics anyway, so there's no real need to stay loyal to it. I believe having the Joker exist in part of Batman's own origin was something entirely created solely for that movie.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

okay, fair enough. I can live with that.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Title: Chicken Little
    Rating:-
    REVIEW: I'M SORRY!, I WAS ACTUALLY WATCHING THE RAMS & SEAHAWKS GAME AND THE SKY WAS FALLING!:O
    Last edited by dgr828; -11-15-2005 at 04:28 AM. Reason: ENLARGE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

I saw this hilarious flick a couple of weekends ago....it's a really old movie (well, to me anyways)

It's called CONVOY

It is about a bunch of truck drivers forming a huge group, standing up for whatever their cause was, and having fun outsmarting the law. A real fun one if your neck is as red as mine....or not.

Rating 3 out of 4.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Well, I think that was rewritten and different from the comics anyway, so there's no real need to stay loyal to it. I believe having the Joker exist in part of Batman's own origin was something entirely created solely for that movie.
    Actually, in the comic book, Bruce Wayne has never learned the identity of his parents' killer. It definitely was not the Joker in the comics.

Not that I read comic books... I... um... asked a friend... um... I mean... some kid I know...

OKAY!!! SO I READ COMIC BOOKS! SUE ME!!!

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

I love the tech stuff.I just watched Stealth and really enjoyed it.It had some acting in it that I suppose was necessary.

The plot was good,the premise was way cool,and the special effects just kick my butt.

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

I also just watched The Island and I'd give it three out of four stars. Like any Michael Bay movie, there were times when you're just sitting there thinking, "No way does that happen." But the premise of the plot was very intriguing and relevant to today's issues, and the action sequences were amazing despite being over the top. There were things that could have been handled better, but I think it's certainly closer to The Rock than it is to Pearl Harbor in terms of quality. But then again, maybe I think too much of The Rock.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Jar head
    :clanram:
    If you haven't seen this one yet, wait till it comes out on DVD.
    I wasn't sure what to expect from this movie but it is far from the typical war movie. Too much insanity and dementia. It is set during the first Gulf War; (maybe I have too many bad memories) and it seems like they were trying to cross "Full Metal Jacket" with "M.A.S.H" and failed miserably. :down:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

CarolinaRam is offline Registered User

Syriana
    Three stars or Ram heads or thumbs up

Without spoiling anything, it's about government corruption and international affairs, so the plot could be thick. I got in the theater a little late, but don't think I missed anything. The movie kind of leaves it up to you to put the pieces of the plot together, so some folks may be wondering what any of the characters have to do with each other. But it comes together in the end.
    Last edited by CarolinaRam; -12-20-2005 at 06:00 PM.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

King Kong (the Peter Jackson remake)

Absolutely extraordinary. Yes, it is a long movie, and perhaps it could have been cut by 20 minutes or so, but, if you are a fan of the original, you won't mind. Naomi Watts is fabulous as Ann Darrow, and Andy Serkis (who "plays" Kong in the manner he "played" Gollum in Lord of the Rings) deserves his own category of Oscars. Don't miss it on the big screen.