Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Re: The "Name The Last Movie You Watched" Game

House of Wax

Rating: and one half

The plot is about a group of friends (and family) who are on a road trip to a college football game and (of course) they encounter car trouble in a small town where a mysterious house of wax exists.

Notes: There is a smokin' hot striptease scene with Paris Hilton stripping to her bra and panties. The special effects are cool, and there is some nice violent, gruesome scenes throughout.

Summary: A decent movie worth watching with great special effects.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

well i didnt watch this movie at night, but i just finished watching "Bait" staring Jamie fox and id give it

out of

there wasnt a lot of action/ fighting

and now im watching "Swordfish"

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Ok so I just finished watching Swordfish and I liked it....... mostly cause the hot girls, action and etc.

Id give it out of
    Last edited by RamsFan4ever; -05-14-2006 at 09:47 AM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Poseidon
    Starring: Josh Lucas, Kurt Russell, Richard Dreyfuss, Emmy Rossum
    Plot: A remake of 1972's "The Poseidon Adventure" casts Lucas and Russell as the two leaders of a group of survivors within a cruise liner that has been overturned by a large rogue wave at sea.
    Comments: Not bad, but definitely no where near the original, which itself wasn't exactly brilliant. But at least in the '72 version, we got some time to get to know the people before disaster struck. The wave hit in this incarnation probably 10-15 minutes into the movie, and nearly five of those opening minutes was a crane CGI shot of the boat itself with Josh Lucas running. Acting was probably about as good as you could ask for, but there came a point when you realized this movie would have been better with more early character development and fewer exterior boat shots and dangerous situations that the gruop somehow knows how to get out of.
    Rating:
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

The Da Vinci Code
    Starring: Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou, Ian McKellen, Jean Reno, Paul Bettany, Alfred Molina
    Plot: Are there people who don't know what this movie is about? Based on Dan Brown's best selling novel, a religious secret is in jeopardy of being lost forever, and only Robert Langdon (Hanks) and Sophie Neveu (Tautou) can put the clues together, following a trail left by Leonardo Da Vinci himself to discover perhaps the biggest cover-up in the history of the world.
    Comments: Having read the book (like millions of other Americans) I knew what to expect going in. So I can't comment on how this movie would have been to someone completely unfamiliar with the plot ideas that were presented. But I thought the movie followed the book very well, and did a good job inserting the necessary historical flashbacks in with the present day settings and scenes. Hanks was a strange choice for the lead when the movie was announced, but did not disappoint in this role. I wish Audrey Tautou would have more films featured here in America; this is only the second movie I've seen her in and she's amazing. Ian McKellan was his regular excellent self, and Jean Reno is, well, Jean Reno. And for me, that means rock solid. With a great cast and an interesting story, director Ron Howard presents an excellent thriller. Don't believe the critics' reviews. See it for yourself.
    Rating:

Jonze is offline Registered User

I absolutely agree with you, Nick. I saw it last night and I honestly can't understand all the bad review it's gotten. I found the Da Vinci Code to be a great adaptation of the novel, decent performances by wonderful actors/actresses, and a great story that had me on the edge of my seat (even though I've read the book a few times). Critics are lemmings, don't trust 'em!
    9/10

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I wish Audrey Tautou would have more films featured here in America; this is only the second movie I've seen her in and she's amazing.
    Agreed - I just found out yesterday from my sister that she's in the Da Vinci Code - all the more reason for me to see this movie. 'Amelie' and 'Happenstance' are two of my favorite movies, so if you haven't seen either of those I highly recommend it.

I own Amelie, but I haven't heard of Happenstance, so I'll check it out. Thanks EDM.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I saw The DaVinci Code last night as well, and I am quite fed up with all the stirring up everyone has with it. Dan Brown, himself says that he made all of it up! And now, I turn on the History Channel only to find a Templar History Show (ofcourse objecting to the movie/book) and here is the best part of this show. The host's name...Bernstein. Just shows what a joke this whole stuff is

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Jonze is offline Registered User

Audrey Tautou is also starring in the internationally released World War One love drama "A Very Long Engagement". A fine, somewhat sombre movie. Check it out, Audrey is great in it.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Just Saw 'DA VINCI CODE'
    I'll Give It

TOM HANKS :up: (AMAZING ACTOR, HE'S COME A LONG WAY FROM 'BOSOM BUDDIES' & 'BACHELOR PARTY'!)

AUDREY TAUTOU :up: (GREAT SCREEN PRESENCE!, MUST SEE HER OTHER FILM FEATURES.)

IAN McKELLEN :up: (WONDERFUL!)

RON HOWARD :upGOOD JOB OPEY)
    Last edited by dgr828; -05-22-2006 at 04:27 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Haven't seen The DaVinci Code yet, but I'm a fan of the book and I'm sure I'll see it eventually.

I find the criticism amusing. I wonder if critics will similarly point out the historical inaccuracies in X-Men III, Superman Returns and Over the Hedge, notwithstanding that they too are acknowledged to be works of fiction.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -05-22-2006 at 10:29 AM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

i saw over the hedge this weekend with my daughter. Does anyone else out there think that all these animated movies are really just continuations of each other? The animals are the good guys, the humans are mean and grumpy, except for the kids who are saints of course.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I think we need a movie where Elmer Fudd shoots Bambi

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

"Be veeeeewy quiet
    I'm cooking venison!"

You're right GC. Its getting hard to tell Madagascar from The Wild to Hoodwinked to Over The Hedge.

I am looking forward to Pixar's Cars, though.