Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Re: The "Name The Last Movie You Watched" Game

just got home from watching "Invincible".

I thought it was pretty good. No nudity and minimal, if any, swearing. I can't remember any...

Good movie to take the kids to.

Wahlberg won't win an Emmy, but did a good job.

RnD

GO RAMS!!

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

yea, i also just saw invincible on sunday, it was amazing, as RnD said there is no nudity and no swearing. it was a great movie, 5 stars IMO
    Built RAM tough

TheBritishRam is online now Registered User

I saw Snakes On A Plane last week and I have to agree with Nick, it was awesome. One of the best films I've seen this year. Easily 5 stars

vicnfl777 is offline Registered User

ad some funny lines and pretty good animation but over all it was over hyped and predictable. That said, my daughter loved it, and if she would have rated it she would give it 4 Ram logo's

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Anyone see Jacob's Ladder? That's an excellent film! I just watched it again a few hours ago.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by vicnfl777 View Post
    ad some funny lines and pretty good animation but over all it was over hyped and predictable. That said, my daughter loved it, and if she would have rated it she would give it 4 Ram logo's
    ...and the movie you're talking about is what again?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Little Miss Sunshine

This is a funny, funny movie. The whole audience was laughing throughout the movie. The story line and the writing remind me of the road trip in National Lampoon's Family Vacation. All the actors were basically unknown to me, except for the guy who played in the 40 year old virgin. Not that I know his name even now....

The writing is fabulous and it pushes some envelopes. They sprinkle in lots of wrong concepts and bad language to make you laugh. Beware it is not for the easily offended types.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigredman is offline Registered User

Clerks II....the donkey show scene is drop dead hilarious!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

So, that movie is worth going too? I want to see it but was waiting to make sure its worth it
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Clerks II....the donkey show scene is drop dead hilarious!
    "That guy's being awfully forward with that donkey."

Probably the second funniest movie this year behind Snakes.

Thresher is offline Registered User

Thin Red Line

:r :r :r

Presented in high def this movie has some great visual quality and appears well on larger screens. I enjoy the story line enough to have rewatched this movie a few times. Covering a few chapters in the lives of South Pacific soldiers in a World War II battle against the Japanese, a Thin Red Line parallels the tragedy of war with the tragedy of human nature. I would watch this movie more often than Saving Private Ryan but less than Apocalypse Now.

thoey is offline Registered User

8 Below - Funny, Sad, Exciting, Based on real story, Gorgeous scenary, Animals lovers film.
    This space for rent...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Invincible, Scale of 1-10, give it a 7 only because it's based on a true story and it's a football movie.

I'm bringin' this sucka back!

Children of Men
    Starring: Clive Owen, Julianne Moore, Michael Caine
    Plot: Set in 2027, when no child has been born for 18 years and science is at loss to explain the reason, African and East European societies collapse and their dwindling populations migrate to England and other wealthy nations. In a climate of nationalistic violence, a London peace activist turned bureaucrat Theo Faron (Owen), joins forces with his revolutionary ex-wife Julian (Moore) in order to save mankind by protecting a woman who has mysteriously became pregnant.
    Comments: I really enjoyed this movie for a number of reasons. First and foremost, the filmmaking is simply outstanding. This movie features a lot of long takes with no cuts that really make you appreciate the effort that was put into the film. There are sequences that you start watching and really get into and then minutes later realize you haven't seen a single cut to another shot. Secondly, the acting is fantastic. Owen does a great job playing an unlikely every-man hero, and while Moore is an actress I usually have a hard time enjoying, she wins me over in this film. If I had one complaint about the film, it would be that the ending is a bit abrupt and slightly disappointing in that you don't want it to be over just yet. I would highly recommend this movie to science fiction and drama fans alike.
    Rating: 8/10

The Departed
    Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin
    Plot: Two just-graduated officers from Massachusetts State Police Academy follow opposite sides of the law: William Costigan (DiCaprio) is assigned to work undercover with the Irish mobster Frank Costello (Nicholson) to get evidences to arrest him. His true identity is only known by his superiors Dignam (Wahlberg) and Oliver Queenan (Sheen). The protégée of Costello, Colin Sullivan (Damon), is promoted in the Massachusetts State Police and is the informer of Costello. Each police officer gives his best effort trying to disclose the identity of the other "rat".
    Comments: Deserving of its Oscar win, in my opinion. The acting in this movie is absolutely incredible. Looking back on some of their career choices, it can be hard to think of guys like DiCaprio and Wahlberg as legitimate actors but this movie will do it for you. The plot was generally outstanding as well. Initially I was confused as to why Costello wasn't more suspicious of Costigan but a scene later in the movie does a solid job tying that concern up. Also, it took me a bit to warm up to the final 8-10 minutes of the movie. But overall, I was very impressed by The Departed and would rank it just slightly behind some of Scorsese's other classics.
    Rating: 9/10

Blades of Glory
    Starring: Will Ferrell, Jon Heder, Will Arnett, Amy Poehler, Jenna Fischer, Craig T. Nelson
    Plot: In 2002, two rival Olympic ice skaters (Ferrell & Heder) were stripped of their gold medals and permanently banned from men's single competition. Presently, however, they've found a loophole that will allow them to qualify as a pairs team.
    Comments: Another comedy smash from Ferrell that I feel ranks right up there with Anchorman. Heder was excellent as well, and this is coming from someone that wasn't a Napoleon Dynamite fan. Don't expect much substance here in terms of plot and serious acting (breaking news, huh?) but the jokes are non-stop and the first routine that Ferrell and Heder do as a pair nearly had me in tears. Definitely something to check out if you enjoyed Anchorman or Talladega Nights.
    Rating: 8/10

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789