Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Re: New Uniforms for the Rams?

Quote Originally Posted by prof22693 View Post
    You can change the uniforms, I believe they have them there.
    Actually in either 06 or 07...I don't remember which, but I think it was 06, they didn't give you the monochrome option, just the multi-color. So I always played in the throwbacks that they so kindly provided for us. I hate the current uniforms unless they are the monochromes. I think the two-tone's look horrible.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Anything but those blue pants with the blue jersey. They suck. -- RFRH

Ha, I despise that uniform too! To me, it is the very worst I have seen the Rams don since 1965.
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-16-2007 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Spelling

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

LOL, that's why you guys should get a ps3 (free online). Not to mention extra features, better graphics, hardware, expandability, etc.
    My understanding is that playing games online is free, but I expect that downloading content such as a patch to the game is going to cost PS3 users just like it will cost XBox users.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr View Post
    This has always annoyed me about Madden. They always have my team, (Seahawks) in multi-colored uniforms. Blue jerseys and white pants or white jerseys and blue pants. In fact, in 06 ( i think) you didn't even have the monochrome option. Really, the Seahawks have been in monochrome for over 5 years now. Why can't the wonderful game makers at EA figure that out.
    Must be Whiners or Cardinal fans.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Arrow Re: New Uniforms for the Rams?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    My understanding is that playing games online is free, but I expect that downloading content such as a patch to the game is going to cost PS3 users just like it will cost XBox users.
    No really, it's free. Unless your downloading an entirely online game (Warhawk) becuase it won't be released on Blu-ray (since Warhawk will just be online). In these cases, if you are talking about a large scale game, you would pay, but certaintly not for minor updates/rosters/bug fixes. Madden patches, you can get roster updates and such. I am getting Madden in the next day or so, to my knowledge of other ps3 users YOU DO NOT have to pay for minor fixes/expandibility. Sometimes ENTIRELY new levels on games yes, where you would pretty much be getting the game online. But not Madden. Microsoft is choking people. You don't have to pay to suscribe to online, in the way you have to for LIVE on 360
    Last edited by prof22693; -08-16-2007 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr View Post
    Actually in either 06 or 07...I don't remember which, but I think it was 06, they didn't give you the monochrome option, just the multi-color. So I always played in the throwbacks that they so kindly provided for us. I hate the current uniforms unless they are the monochromes. I think the two-tone's look horrible.
    I think 06, I never ended up getting that version, one of the few I didn't get around to buying. I'm pretty sure for 07 (at least for the regular XBox) they have the option, I'll check on that.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

You can change the uniforms, I believe they have them there.

LOL, that's why you guys should get a ps3 (free online). Not to mention extra features, better graphics, hardware, expandability, etc.
    Not really dude, just because the PS3's store is free to look at, it doesn't mean the features they have are free. You have to pay for games, and upcoming music and movies they'll have on there. The only difference is they don't make you pay 50 bucks a year for a name and access to Xbox's marketplace. So you will be paying for the uniforms regardless, and quite frankly I'd rather play on the xbox 360 at the moment because Madden still is 30 frames per second on PS3 and 60 frames per second on 360. There is a big difference, but the difference is that the 360 is better (for madden at least) than the PS3.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Not really dude, just because the PS3's store is free to look at, it doesn't mean the features they have are free. You have to pay for games, and upcoming music and movies they'll have on there. The only difference is they don't make you pay 50 bucks a year for a name and access to Xbox's marketplace. So you will be paying for the uniforms regardless, and quite frankly I'd rather play on the xbox 360 at the moment because Madden still is 30 frames per second on PS3 and 60 frames per second on 360. There is a big difference, but the difference is that the 360 is better (for madden at least) than the PS3.
    You're wrong about the games, there are many you can download for free, which I have. It seems though that they worked on the 360 version more, at least for madden it does look a little better. The only games that would actually cost you are games that are entirely being released online (massive REAL games). THe only example I can think of is a game called Warhawk, which is not being released on blu-ray since they decided to make it an entirely multiplayer game, since it was much better than the storyline for singleplayer and decided to concentrate on multiplayer. I have asked other ps3 users and checked online, the updates ARE FREE.

No really, it's free.
    So they've released free uniform patches for Madden on the PS3 before then?

So they've released free uniform patches for Madden on the PS3 before then?
    The ps3 just came out last fall, this is the first new madden they've had to work with. Even then, developers have had to work with the 360 for 3 1/2 years and the ps3 just 1 (to respond to vargs comment about the frame rate). The ps3 is just touching the water, the 360's graphics won't be much better in the future. Developers have had much mroe time to work with it.

To answer your question, from what I know none of the Madden patches for ps3 have been released yet (seeing as it just came out). But, considering other game updates have been for free on the ps3, I think it will go the same for Madden (unless EA goes mad). When the updates come out, I can show you.
    Last edited by Nick; -08-16-2007 at 08:42 PM. Reason: No links please

You're wrong about the games, there are many you can download for free, which I have. It seems though that they worked on the 360 version more, at least for madden it does look a little better. The only games that would actually cost you are games that are entirely being released online (massive REAL games). THe only example I can think of is a game called Warhawk, which is not being released on blu-ray since they decided to make it an entirely multiplayer game, since it was much better than the storyline for singleplayer and decided to concentrate on multiplayer. I have asked other ps3 users and checked online, the updates ARE FREE.
    No offense dude, but you call Demos actual games? Yeah, they're games but not the full versions. Sony would never give you a full game for free. Calling all cars and other games are 9.99 I believe. Tekken was what, 20 bucks? Demos are always going to be free, but when it comes to the games, they do have a pricetag. Warhawk is coming out for purchase both in retail stores (with a free headset) and from the marketplace.

To answer your question, from what I know none of the Madden patches for ps3 have been released yet (seeing as it just came out).
    Which is exactly my point - it's impossible to say with any degree of certainty that the patches will be free, yet you seem pretty sure of it. What Sony and other gaming companies choose to do with other titles is largely irrelevant since we're talking about the first incarnation of this EA Sports title on this platform. In the end, we'll have to wait and see. For all we know, EA might not even release a patch for uniforms or other similar updates. But I would be shocked if they made Microsoft users pay while Sony users got the same download at no charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    No offense dude, but you call Demos actual games? Yeah, they're games but not the full versions. Sony would never give you a full game for free. Calling all cars and other games are 9.99 I believe. Tekken was what, 20 bucks? Demos are always going to be free, but when it comes to the games, they do have a pricetag. Warhawk is coming out for purchase both in retail stores (with a free headset) and from the marketplace.
    I have calling all cars. And on Warhawk they weren't even sure if they would release it on a blu-ray disc, but instead to pay for online.

edit- I never said warhawk was for free, the demo (only for a limited few when it came out, which I had) was for free.

edit-warhawk is a game, and actually my brother had paid for calling all cars, i thought he had got it for free
    Last edited by prof22693; -08-16-2007 at 10:30 PM.

Which is exactly my point - it's impossible to say with any degree of certainty that the patches will be free, yet you seem pretty sure of it. What Sony and other gaming companies choose to do with other titles is largely irrelevant since we're talking about the first incarnation of this EA Sports title on this platform. In the end, we'll have to wait and see. For all we know, EA might not even release a patch for uniforms or other similar updates. But I would be shocked if they made Microsoft users pay while Sony users got the same download at no charge.
    Alright, but just wait until the updates come out. You can always change your own players, but if you really don't think they will be free then wait and see on your own.

edit- besides, anyone can change their own rosters, and if you're skilled enough you can work on patches/bugs/etc. Anyone could release a mod to work with, but that would be time consuming. They may just as well make it for free, EA might not do it and maybe someone else will.
    Last edited by prof22693; -08-16-2007 at 11:05 PM.

I have calling all cars. And on Warhawk they weren't even sure if they would release it on a blu-ray disc, but instead to pay for online.

edit- I never said warhawk was for free, the demo (only for a limited few when it came out, which I had) was for free.

edit-warhawk is a game, and actually my brother had paid for calling all cars, i thought he had got it for free
    haha, I just know gaming, my friend. I've read a bunch of articles on all this stuff.

P.S. Modding a game is never a good idea whether you really do know (or someone you know can do it) how to do it or not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast