Thread: Nice surprise

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Nice surprise

I've troubled these pages before with tales of the wildlife present on my little Island that squats just south of Hong Kong Island in the South China sea.

From dead snakes on the end of sticks that put you off your beer to Mr Goat and his daily quest to find lush green sustenance, my local environment had proved worthy of comment.

And it damn well has again in the shape of a 7 foot python (It gets bigger with repeated telling like some other things that are worth bragging about.........) that saw fit to occupy the stairs to my apartment yesterday afternoon.

Anyone else suffered unexpected house guests?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Nice surprise

Yea, I stepped out one morning to find a rattler between myself and my truck a month ago. Poor guy, he was just hungry and scared. I have a BIG soft spot for snakes. Love them. Wish I could have seen that python.

And for those of you who hate snakes, you must really love rats. Reason: Without snakes, rats would run rampant.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -05-24-2006 at 11:09 AM.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

The Avengers are big snake fans. We have a 4 foot ball python named Monty. It always amazes me how scared people (usually adults) are of him.

rockisland-ram is offline Registered User

When I was in college I got terrorized by a racoon. They seem sooo harmless and sweet on t.v. In real life, theyre mean little suckers. This one was in my ceiling trying to get through a hole the size of a hlaf dollar in my drop down ceiling. Long nose, long claws, hissing like a cat, rabies carrying...yech!! I still hate those d^&*$ Things! Yeah, I was a real tough guy!

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang
    Anyone else suffered unexpected house guests?
    I rarely suffer fools gladly, but one of the in-laws came over unannounced ... he proceeded to ask to use the loo ... I pointed him to the outhouse and gave him an ear of corn ... haven't seen him since ...

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

We have bats frequently and annoys the heck out of me. Between my sisters screaming and bats flying around my head I get a little nervous.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

During my undergrad days I stayed in an old dorm on campus. I guess the walls had started to crack a little...enough that wasps got into the wall from the outside and built a nest. Now this wouldn't have been so bad, except those little buggers managed to open up a gap between the wall and the window enough they could get inside. There were days I'd wake up and kill ten or twelve of them before getting dressed. I got pretty good at taking them out of the air with a ball bat and only got stung twice: once when I rolled over onto one in my sleep, and another time when I stepped on one. I started keeping a kill count on the message board on my door and built a pile of the bodies outside the door, so maintenance would get on the problem a little quicker. They had to come back and re-caulk the window sill three or four times before it was secure. If I remember right, I had over 200 kills.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    We have bats frequently and annoys the heck out of me. Between my sisters screaming and bats flying around my head I get a little nervous.
    Bats are cool. Austin is known as the Bat Capital of Texas. Every spring through fall, they inhabit a bridge that crosses the Colorado River and they are there by the millions. It's a tourist attraction to watch them fly out at night, and the main benefit they bring is no mosquitos.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Bats are cool. Austin is known as the Bat Capital of Texas. Every spring through fall, they inhabit a bridge that crosses the Colorado River and they are there by the millions. It's a tourist attraction to watch them fly out at night, and the main benefit they bring is no mosquitos.

Yes I do think that would be cool to see that many bats fly but it's not so cool when there is one that you see in your house then it is missing and I dont know where it is. OH wait bed room doors open but I can't find the bat...