Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    megas711 Guest

Ninjas or Pirates?

As some of you may be aware, there is the ongoing debate of which is more cool: ninjas or pirates? This debate has raged among me and my fellow geeks for years. It has flooded chat rooms and forums and although most of us have sided with Ninjas,it has never been completely resolved. It must come to an end.So I ask you, the common men, to decide once and for all; Ninjas or Pirates?
    Last edited by megas711; -02-16-2006 at 05:13 AM.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: Ninjas or Pirates?

Far be it from me to appear to be elitist or to epitomise that sad affliction in anyway, but I feel that I must point out that the gentlefolk of these well trodden boards are far from common. Indeed, it may safely be asserted, without fear of contradiction, that they often attain the exceptional, the sublime even.

As such, you may have inadvertently disqualified your intended audience from reply.

It could also be suggested by the less charitable that a reply, however so phrased, could leave them vulnerable to the charge of geekiness. This may also encourage realcritance.

Nevertheless, I am spurred by courtesy to reply.........................

PIRATES

megas711 Guest

I didnt mean these people are common in that manner. I meant that they are not the super geeks that you see in alot of IRL chat rooms that can actually speak binary code (yes some of them can) I simply meant that they are more average compared with my fellow echelons of nerdism. I meant no harm in what I said. Forgive me, I am but a lowly noob among your elite ranks.

And no you are not a geek by replying to this post
    Last edited by megas711; -02-16-2006 at 11:23 AM.

psycho9985 Guest

I'm a football geek.Not to the extent of knowing every teams cap room,or how much every player earns(like Nick).But I love the stuff he puts up.I'm a computer geek also,but you wouldnt know to look at me.I've been told that I look like a sharp dressed ex biker dude. I love playing sports still at my age.I can still hang with the young bucks in a hardfought flag football game..

I've also been told that i'm kind of a psycho,therefore I must say that I like Ninja pirates.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Well both groups were murderers, so it's hard to say. However, at least a Ninja would seem to have some code, whereas a Pirate was just a common thug too lazy to get a job and work for a living, so they stole from those who did work for a living.

Yea, I'll go with Ninja.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

megas711 Guest

It seems as though we have a split between Pirates and Ninjas so far...

Must this debate go on for the rest of eternity?

Milan Guest

Does this debate have anything to do with Maddox?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Anyone know what a "noob" is?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang
    Anyone know what a "noob" is?
    Internet slang for a "newbie" or someone who is inexperienced to a situation or task.

You hear it in online gaming all the time.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Internet slang for a "newbie" or someone who is inexperienced to a situation or task.

You hear it in online gaming all the time.
    Cheers Nick,

That'll be why I haven't heard it.............

megas711 Guest

It is also a serious insult to geeks

Quote Originally Posted by megas711
    It is also a serious insult to geeks
    Does anyone else see the humor in this statement......or is it just me?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

megas711 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Does anyone else see the humor in this statement......or is it just me?
    Yes it is a wierd little fact but call some random geek a noob and see what they say. Lol

P.S. Have we wandered off of the thread subject quite a bit? Its amazing how conversations can link to other things...

Quote Originally Posted by megas711
    Yes it is a wierd little fact but call some random geek a noob and see what they say. Lol

P.S. Have we wandered off of the thread subject quite a bit? Its amazing how conversations can link to other things...
    Message board conversations are the textbook definition of observational evolution. Whole new species pop up with every new thread.

As for the geek and noob thing, maybe this is just lingo I'm not familiar with, but in my mind, I'm not sure how calling a random geek a noob is any more insulting than calling a random geek a geek.

Maybe I am just ignorant of the terminology......is "geek" now a good thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast