Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    megas711 is offline Registered User

Re: Ninjas or Pirates?

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    As for the geek and noob thing, maybe this is just lingo I'm not familiar with, but in my mind, I'm not sure how calling a random geek a noob is any more insulting than calling a random geek a geek.

Maybe I am just ignorant of the terminology......is "geek" now a good thing?
    Calling a geek a geek isnt bad because they have now come to acceptance and are somewhat...proud. Geek is now actually becoming a good thing, because knowledge of tech is becoming more required than ever.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by megas711
    Calling a geek a geek isnt bad because they have now come to acceptance and are somewhat...proud. Geek is now actually becoming a good thing, because knowledge of tech is becoming more required than ever.
    So geek is now a good thing. I'll be durned, I learn something new everyday.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by megas711
    Calling a geek a geek isnt bad because they have now come to acceptance and are somewhat...proud.
    LOL

Sorry, now about the pirates/ninjas debate...I think ninjas are probably cooler because as a lot they're more organized, disciplined, etc. But I think the pirate is much more emblematic of the geek as geeks engage in their own form of software piracy, dress equally badly, and are often social outcasts. So if being a geek is cool, maybe pirates are cool after all.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I gotta go with the ninjas. Partly it is just because I own a ninja, but the ninjas are good fighters also. They are disciplined and good with swords and other weapons.

:mask:
    Pirates are easily distracted and led astray. They probably don't smell very good. P U.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Ninja Geek Toshiro Takashi

Rofl!!!!!!!!!!
    There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Well both groups were murderers, so it's hard to say. However, at least a Ninja would seem to have some code, whereas a Pirate was just a common thug too lazy to get a job and work for a living, so they stole from those who did work for a living.

Yea, I'll go with Ninja.
    Pirating looks pretty streneous. That ship doesn't sail itself. You will probably get sued by a Pirate-American orginization for your comments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The best of the best... robot monkey ninja pirates!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam
    You will probably get sued by a Pirate-American orginization for your comments.
    Won't happen. Parrots aren't allowed in courtrooms, and stenography machines can't type "Rrrrrrr".
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12