Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Now this is negative.

As most of you who have been here a while know, I'm much more of a 'Glass half-full' guy. Recent results have pulled my chain a little but I still love my team and the great sport of football.

I get very irritated, when at times like these posters start rounding on each other with overtly personal stuff as its entirely unecessary and wholly against what constitute the rules of this forum insofar as we have any. Terms like 'Bandwagoners' and 'naysayers', along with the general inference that "I'm a better fan than you" are inflammatory to say the least and don't contribute to the discussion, at least not in my opinion.

I remember railing against the negativity last year, only to be told that it was absolutely fine to rant and that it was, in fact, almost obligatory if not officially approved.

So what's wrong with it this year?

That aside, and I've been wanting to say that for a week now, I have something truly negative to say which will cast me as the bandwagoning, carpetbagging, bushwhacking, nay-saying, non-true fan of them all (Insert additional cliche at your leisure). And whilst I may well say 752 hail mary's, dust off the celice, watch curling non-stop for 72 hours ands eat curried chicken's feet for a week in penance I'm going to do it anyway.

This is it:-

One of my fantasy teams has started 0-2 and I've pulled Julius Jones from the bench to start as he's playing the Rams and their crappy run-D this week. In mitigation I have Jackson as well but in the spirit of contrition I just had to tell someone.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Now this is negative.

Great post Fat Pang. You know taking a little satisfaction in your own coaching skills does soften the blow of some of these games. I did not play McNabb last week in hopes that the defense was going to do something, but I was wrong. You might as well mark Julius Jones as an active player.

Both my fantasy teams won this week and it made me a little bit happier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Now this is negative.

Quote Originally Posted by fat pang View Post
    as most of you who have been here a while know, i'm much more of a 'glass half-full' guy. Recent results have pulled my chain a little but i still love my team and the great sport of football.

I get very irritated, when at times like these posters start rounding on each other with overtly personal stuff as its entirely unecessary and wholly against what constitute the rules of this forum insofar as we have any. Terms like 'bandwagoners' and 'naysayers', along with the general inference that "i'm a better fan than you" are inflammatory to say the least and don't contribute to the discussion, at least not in my opinion.

I remember railing against the negativity last year, only to be told that it was absolutely fine to rant and that it was, in fact, almost obligatory if not officially approved.

So what's wrong with it this year?

That aside, and i've been wanting to say that for a week now, i have something truly negative to say which will cast me as the bandwagoning, carpetbagging, bushwhacking, nay-saying, non-true fan of them all (insert additional cliche at your leisure). And whilst i may well say 752 hail mary's, dust off the celice, watch curling non-stop for 72 hours ands eat curried chicken's feet for a week in penance i'm going to do it anyway.

This is it:-

one of my fantasy teams has started 0-2 and i've pulled julius jones from the bench to start as he's playing the rams and their crappy run-d this week. In mitigation i have jackson as well but in the spirit of contrition i just had to tell someone.

Good luck!
    Last edited by dgr828; -09-17-2008 at 07:42 AM.