Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Re: Pet Peeves That Really Tick You Off!

The thing that bothers me the most is when someone says Whenever in singular form, for example "Whenever I went to the pool Tuesday."

It drives me crazy I don't know what it is about such a little thing.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good example, RF81.

How about the seldomly used (fortunately) but nevertheless redundant and almost cacophonous 'irregardless'? Ouch. Heeeheeehe.

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    Good example, RF81.

How about the seldomly used (fortunately) but nevertheless redundant and almost cacophonous 'irregardless'? Ouch. Heeeheeehe.

Ok, so I'm not the only person who hates that word. Everytime someone uses it, I want to revoke their speaking rights for a month. It is not a word. There is no need to use "ir" in front of regardless...ever. I really want to rip their tongues out. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

1. People who don't use blinkers. That chaps my backside more than anything.

2. When at an intersection where you are in the outside lane turning left, and there is another lane next to you also trying to turn left, and that person tries to turn into your lane because they don't have the skill to make a sharp enough turn.

3. Fat people who wear clothes three sizes too small and then have the audacity to walk into a restaurant.

4. Any political person or committee or group that says if I don't think like they do I'm not american. I don't claim to be republican or democrat, moderate or conservative. I'm just me, opinionated and vocal.

5. Standing in front of a clerk or worker, getting ready to pay for my purchase, the phone rings and they PUT ME ON HOLD FOR THE PHONE. That irks me to no end.

People that do not wash their hands after going to the restroom.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

oooo i got a good one... listening to 49er fans trying to talk smack but keep bringing up the same info... im not pointing any fingers but...*cough*brhokla *cough* *cough*

One pet peeve that comes in the form of an NFL rule. :angryram:

It is the infamous "Roughing the QB" rule! Pro or con, whether for or against the Rams, I'm still hoping that the league will give in and revise at least some part or parts of this rule.

Everyone is well aware that the team owners are trying to protect Million$ of dollars personified in their starting QB.

Everyone is also well aware -- or growing awareness is building -- that the rule is getting old. It's Pro Football.

Lastly, with a respectful apology made beforehand to anyone offended (certainly not the intention) … the pet peeve of seeing so many Korean, Japanese and Chinese automobiles! It simply rubs me the wrong way to witness all these cars all over this country. GRRRRRR!

...A country I love despite not being a son of hers, nor a citizen. Just a humble alien.

I placed this comment sometime last year also, during the off-season. The only difference is that this time there seems to be some ‘good news’ for 2006 and next year and next and so on: the American auto industry is slowly but surely inching its way back into contention. Style, quality, performance, dependability.

Bring on the Buicks boys! See the USA in a Chevrolet! Perhaps more will be buying American.
    Last edited by RealRam; -07-09-2006 at 04:26 AM.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Bring on the Buicks boys! See the USA in a Chevrolet! Perhaps more will be buying American.
    Amen brother. I love my Regal.

You got it, BG! :up: That's good GM lovin'!

TX/MODS: I just realized I discussed some Football here (#23). Sorry, I forgot. :sad:

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Just a couple of off the wall pet peeves of mine:

1. Standing in line at the convenience store behind someone buying scratcher lottery tickets, scratching them off while the clerk grabs more for them, and wanting to cash them in as they are picking more. Step to the side idiot and find out if you have won, then get back in line so that those of us that work can get there. I despise that!!

2. Strange one, but someone failing to replace the roll of toilet paper when they are finished. This is an ocassional issue in my house...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

What pisses me off is when i get a hair cut and i go into school and people are like "did you get a haircut?" and im like are you blind? cant u c that most my hair is gone dumb@$$

Varg6 is offline Registered User

things that I hate the most are people who don't have any manners and don't say hi and so how are you to my parents, and also I hate when people are late all the time to parties and such, so very very rude, and I can't stand that, it drives me nuts, it makes me wanna pull all my hair out, didn't anyone teach their kids about manners? I guess not, because at parties, the parents are driving, and they're always LATE!! GRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

My pet peeve is when I am merging onto the interstate and people don't get over to let me on practically forcing me into the guardrail.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    How can someone who doesn't understand how one leg of a 480 volt three-phase circuit is 277 volts or know what a mogul base LU-150 is know anything about my job?
    Why and Y?

Why ask Y?

Since you mentioned it, let me elaborate on 3 phase circuits, since they are not all the same.

Let's talk why(Y) vs. Delta.

In a Y - 3 phase 480v config that is grounded at the midpoint you will have 277v (nominal) to ground on any individual phase. In a Delta grounded 3-phase system you will have one phase as a high leg(over 277v nominal to ground) which must be designated per the NEC as orange in color. This is also true for 240v 3 phase grounded Delta systems(you will have one high leg or phase which is over 120v nominal to ground).

Hence, this brings me to my pet peeve with the the common use of B-O-Y(brown-orange-yellow) phasing by the electrical industry with a grounded 480v 3 phase Y config. There is no high leg in this system, but it is very common to use BOY phasing with this system throughout the electrical industry.

So, in closing, I must ask you.....

Y in the heck do you do your job that way?

P.S. - Does anyone care about the designation for a lamp or light bulb? All most care about is whether the damn thing lights up when they close the switch.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Biggest PET peeve would be losing underware to the little dog that likes to hide them under the bed.

Biggest human pet peeve is slow drivers hanging out in the passing lane. I never understand why they prefer to drive in the left lane.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast