Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    rawkhrdr Guest

Re: Pet Peeves That Really Tick You Off!

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    Biggest PET peeve would be losing underware to the little dog that likes to hide them under the bed.

Biggest human pet peeve is slow drivers hanging out in the passing lane. I never understand why they prefer to drive in the left lane.
    So with you on the passing lane. The left lane is for driving fast and passing idiots who want to drive 15 under the speed lane. The middle is for normal driving, the right is for merging. If you have no need to be in the left or right lanes stay the heck out of them. But what really pisses me off is when they make you pass on the right and then get mad or flip you off for passing you on the right. I'm like "You made me do it, if you wouldn't have been doing 45 in a 60, I wouldn't have had to drive like a jackars and pass you on the right." We, have a rash of this problem in Washington, slow drivers think they own the left lane here. It drives me insane.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

It is frustrating getting locked in. I am not going to say they are all driving under the speed limit, because people do drive fast where I live. Pretty much everyone is driving at least 10 miles over the speed limit.

Often the right lane is moving faster than the left lane.

Some states are really good. In Texas, for instance, I have seen people pull partially off the road to let faster cars pass on by. Some states do seem to follow the "slower cars stay to the right" rules, but not all of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlphaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    5. People who think they know more about my job than I do. I've gone to years of school, attended training classes, subscribe to technical publications so I can stay current, I study the codes. I've got more than 20 years of experience. How can someone who doesn't understand how one leg of a 480 volt three-phase circuit is 277 volts or know what a mogul base LU-150 is know anything about my job?
    You are in the wrong field if that pet peeve gets to you. I did the same type of work for over 20 years. Despite numerous licenses and getting a bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, some people always view the profession as the toilet uncloggers.

Is the 277v off of a delta or wye transformer?

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Alpha, you HAD to ask.

I'd rather explain time dilation as related to relatavistic speed....wye and delta ALWAYS throw me!!!

If I'm not mistaken, it's wye!

rams70 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever
    What pisses me off is when i get a hair cut and i go into school and people are like "did you get a haircut?" and im like are you blind? cant u c that most my hair is gone dumb@$$
    There's a Bill Engvall 'Here's your sign' line in there somewhere!!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam
    You are in the wrong field if that pet peeve gets to you. I did the same type of work for over 20 years. Despite numerous licenses and getting a bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, some people always view the profession as the toilet uncloggers.

Is the 277v off of a delta or wye transformer?
    Some things simply are not worth covering. Especially for those who are confused as to whether they were an electrician or a plumber.

Which begs the question:

Is it Okie or Oky?

If I'm not mistaken, it's wye!
    CORRECT!!

psycho9985 Guest

When I dont have a tooth brush handy after a meal away from home.

AlphaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter

Is it Okie or Oky?
    I use OKie because chicks dig it.

Milan Guest

People who change into the next lane from behind you to pass you and sit 2 meters in between you and another car, just slowing down the lane.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

It's starting to be..."Watching that stupid "let me help you enjoy your snickers" commercial," which played 12 times in an hour on the NFL Netwotk yesterday.

It was only bearable because in between snickers breaks, Dallas was taking Seattle apart.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

AlphaRam Guest

Pet peeve threads

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

...as opposed to pet peeves that DON'T really tick you off.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Pet Peeves. I'll have to limit myself, but here's some of them:

1. Commercials for feminine hygiene products on children's TV shows and sports events.
    Or Male enhancement products.....

2. People who think every dog bite is caused by a 'Pit Bull', and that they are bred for killing. 98% of these people have no idea what a 'Pit Bull' looks like. To top it off, they think the American Staffordshire Terrier is the same thing. Well, they have everything wrong. More people are mauled by German Shepards than any other dog. .
    I had heard that Dalmations were the worst as kids see them as "fire dogs" but most are deaf and startle easy ...

3. I have to be careful on this one. It's people who claim to live by a certain principle, yet do things clearly the opposite of said principle. It'd be like a sadistic doctor who takes the Hippocratic oath.
    Do as I say and not as I do?

4. People who ride my rear bumper, pass me, and risk lives by driving 20 MPH over the limit just so they can sit and wait at the next red light while I quietly drive up behind them as the light changes..
    Ahhh, but it makes them feel so much better to be in front of us....

5. current, I study the codes. I've got more than 20 years of experience. How can someone who doesn't understand how one leg of a 480 volt three-phase circuit is 277 volts or know what a mogul base LU-150 is know anything about my job?

an electrician trying to stay current.. an attempt at humor?

6. My neighbors. There are at least 7 kids in the house, 5 pets, anywhere from 2 to 8 adults, and the police show up regularly. It wouldn't be so bad if someone over there worked. As it is, they order SteakOut and Domino's for the first two weeks of the month, then want to bum off of all the rest of the neighborhood until they get their next welfare check.

When we stop rewarding families with fatter welfare checks everytime a new baby is born and make it so it actually pays better to work some of these issues may diminsih. Won't ever go away as long as th eentiltement mindset exists...

OK, I will now put up my soapbox.
    RnD
    GO RAMS!!:l

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Pedants and punctuators.

AlphaRam Guest

I do not like being asked in front of Wal-Mart "You wanna buy some candy?" by adults that have no sign or shirt, etc. regarding who they are raising money for.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast