RamWraith is offline Registered User

Poston is suing Pace

Rams | Former agent suing Pace
    Wed, 2 Aug 2006 05:57:57 -0700

Mike Martindale, of the Detroit News, reports St. Louis Rams OT Orlando Pace is being sued by agent Carl Poston. Poston said he's now blocking Pace from his rightful $436,916 arbitration award. Poston has filed a lawsuit in Oakland Circuit Court, Michigan seeking the amount entered by a National Football League arbitration award May 10. Pace was obligated to pay Poston within 10 days. Pace was designated the Rams' franchise player in 2003 when Poston negotiated a one-year, $5.7 million contract. Roger Kaplan, an arbitrator with the National Football League Players Association, found Poston was owed 3 percent for that contract, $213,478, plus interest, as well as $210,630 for Pace's $7 million contract for 2004. Pace had a different agent when he landed a six-year $52.3 million contract, in 2005.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Poston is suing Pace

That's ridiculous, I hope he doesn't have to go to court or something, and miss time at Training Camp!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Carl gets banned from the NFLPA, and a week later he's suing a former client for money. Forgive me if I'm not shocked. :confused:

general counsel is offline Registered User

Wait just a second guys. I cant stand poston, but if the arbitrator awarded poston money and pace didnt pay, why is poston the bad guy? Why shouldnt he sue to get the money he was awarded? If the arbitrator awarded pace money and poston wasnt paying, wouldnt all of you support pace suing him to collect what he was owed?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Wait just a second guys. I cant stand poston, but if the arbitrator awarded poston money and pace didnt pay, why is poston the bad guy? Why shouldnt he sue to get the money he was awarded? If the arbitrator awarded pace money and poston wasnt paying, wouldnt all of you support pace suing him to collect what he was owed?
    Agreed. If Pace and his attorney felt that the arbitrator had erred in his award, then they should have gone to federal court to have the award vacated. Otherwise, pay the bum and be grateful you don't have to look at the troll ever again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I want in on GC's class-action suit against Orlando Pace. I suffered a paper cut from Pace's rookie card while viewing it in 2002. I want money for pain and punitive damages and interest. I base my claim on the fact that you can file a lawsuit without merit in this country.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RinderPest is offline Registered User

Why would any athlete hire a Poston? I just don't get it. The Postons are probably the biggest reason Julian Peterson was not signed by the Niners this year.