mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Rams Card Collections

I was just wondering how many people on here collect cards? I have a pretty good collection, something along the line of three hundred cards. That might not sound like a lot but, every single one is a rookie or highly collectible limited addition.
    Collectors might want to check out their Kurt Warner cards, most of his rookie autographs jumped something like $70.-$90. Also, a lot of Torry Holts cards seemed to jump in price pretty well also, although I'm not really sure why. I didn't have a chance to really look at the magazine very long, but I felt it was note worthy news to pass along for people who collect like myself.
    I have a HUGE library of Marshall Faulk rookie cards, die cuts, limited specials, you name it. And even the ultra rare Monster of the Grid iron card. ( Can't find a consistent price on it but told it's worth around $40-$50.
    I would be willing to trade for some good Steven Jackson cars, or maybe even a Bulger IF you have a really good one, you never know?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Card Collections

I have over 65000 football cards, dating back to the 1970's ...

The industry is nothing like it used to be. It used to be fun, built around the kids, and the trading aspect. You used to go to shows and you could trade cards, and buy/sell for what the Beckett book value was ...

Nowadays, packs cost $4+, the only cards of interest are the rare inserts, and everything has to be certified and graded before anybody would even consider buying it ...

I have a 1981 Topps Joe Montana rookie card that Beckett typically indicates is worth $150-200, but I probably couldn't sell it for $10 despite the fact that it looks great to the eye ...

As for Rams, I have probably 10000 or so Rams cards ...

I haven't purchased any since 1997 ....

Greed ruined this industry, just like many others.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I used to have a Marshall Faulk rookie card with him in his SDSU uniform. It was half-transparent or something. It was neat-o, but then I think I got rid of all my cards, unfortunately. I'd like to have it now.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I have a 1981 Topps Joe Montana rookie card that Beckett typically indicates is worth $150-200, but I probably couldn't sell it for $10 despite the fact that it looks great to the eye ...
    Alright fine, you talked to me into it. I feel sorry for you so I'll give you $10. for the card.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    Alright fine, you talked to me into it. I feel sorry for you so I'll give you $10. for the card.
    Hehehehe, how about $15?

The trading card industry is really sad. My cards are precious to me, I don't think I could ever sell them. I still vividly remember opening those packs when I was younger, just hoping there would be some Rams in there ...

I remember opening packs of 1987 Topps in anticipation of getting a "rare" Jim Everett rookie. There was a lot of hype around him then. I piled up several dozen Jimbo rookies, still have them. They mean alot to me ...

Now, kids and adults just rip the packs open looking for special inserts and basically throw the common cards away. It's truly sad. Everything has to be about money ...

This is a nice thread, thanks for starting it. Lots of memories of me and my father coming back to me ....

jackson3909 is offline Registered User

i agree RamsInfiniti the trading card industry have deffenitely suffered with the economy. hopefully the econmy gets better, a few months ago i got torry holt last pro bowl that has a part of his jersey on the card. i also collect baseball cards to they are both really cool to collect.

All kidding aside, I completely know what both of you are talking about. I don't even buy the packs anymore I just go on ebay and pick up stuff I want there. But, just like most of my favorite memories from a child it seems like people have gone out of their way too ruin it by changing it, Gi Joe, Transformers, etc. (okay so the Transformers are too bad.)