ButterflyStyle is offline Registered User

Ram's Mascot revisited

Hey all,

I know it's been a while since I brought up this subject, but as someone that is one, a big proponent of mascots, and someone unemployed, this is something that could be a positive in two ways, maybe even more.
    The response to a mascot hasn't been unanimous, but I do think everyone understands that they aren't around to impress adults, but to entertain kids and get them into the football spirit.
    And while I am sure I would be taking my life into my hands in a Rams' mascot costume right now as there are quite a few PO'd fans, I would hope someone will shield the eyes of the children. Please think of the children!

I am going to continue to try and get a mascot for the team, what I would ask of everyone here is if I could ask for your support in the endeavor. If you have a child that plays peewee football, flag football or anything like it, these are the kids that will get to see the mascot most, and hey, a cheerleader might even show up too, so hey, it could work for everyone.

So what do you think at this point, shall we storm Rams Park and get us a mascot?

blood85 is offline Registered User

Re: Ram's Mascot revisited

No, unless he brings a couple Lombardi trophies to the team.

eauclare is offline Registered User

Sure, if we hire Garrett I say the mascot should be a clown outfit.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Did you ever get the costume made? If so, got any pics?

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyStyle View Post
    Hey all,

I know it's been a while since I brought up this subject, but as someone that is one, a big proponent of mascots, and someone unemployed, this is something that could be a positive in two ways, maybe even more.
    The response to a mascot hasn't been unanimous, but I do think everyone understands that they aren't around to impress adults, but to entertain kids and get them into the football spirit.
    And while I am sure I would be taking my life into my hands in a Rams' mascot costume right now as there are quite a few PO'd fans, I would hope someone will shield the eyes of the children. Please think of the children!

I am going to continue to try and get a mascot for the team, what I would ask of everyone here is if I could ask for your support in the endeavor. If you have a child that plays peewee football, flag football or anything like it, these are the kids that will get to see the mascot most, and hey, a cheerleader might even show up too, so hey, it could work for everyone.

So what do you think at this point, shall we storm Rams Park and get us a mascot?
    Sorry, but we are coming off a 2 & 14 season. We are in the middle of replacing the head coach to someone that can hopefully, with the FO's help, take this mess and return it back to at least an NFL caliber team, and you are wondering about a "mascot"?

Ok... I'll bite. But unless he can block, pass, run, catch, or defend, he might as well be a locomotive, so we all can continue to watch a train wreck every week.

Fire the cheerleaders, cancel all halftime shows, cut budgets anywhere you can. Until you can put a "team" on the field, no one cares.
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Did you ever get the costume made? If so, got any pics?
    I did not because when I brought it up with the lone contact I have with the team I was told that things have to go through the NFL and even if the team itself were to say yes, the design has to be approved by the NFL and made by the company that the NFL uses. So I had to drop what I had in line because it wouldn't even have been usable officially by the Rams and I would be out the money and would have a costume I couldn't wear because of any trademarks.

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    Sorry, but we are coming off a 2 & 14 season. We are in the middle of replacing the head coach to someone that can hopefully, with the FO's help, take this mess and return it back to at least an NFL caliber team, and you are wondering about a "mascot"?

Ok... I'll bite. But unless he can block, pass, run, catch, or defend, he might as well be a locomotive, so we all can continue to watch a train wreck every week.

Fire the cheerleaders, cancel all halftime shows, cut budgets anywhere you can. Until you can put a "team" on the field, no one cares.
    Gosh, you know it slipped my mind that the team has had some problems over the last chunk of seasons. I think it sucks hardcore that the team has been doing so poorly, I am a fan, I have had to watch this too, but you know what, I'm happy we have the team. But you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to hope for the best, I'm going to stand behind the team and watch the games and hope that things improve. I'm going to support the team and I am going to keep working to bring a mascot to the team.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, I am opposed to having a mascot. Then again, I am opposed to that stupid drum corp that we have.

As far as being unemployed, I am sorry that you are experiencing that. I don't think that the mascot gig would sustain an income that you could live upon. (By the way, we are always looking for good people at QuikTrip.)

I will say that the Rams marketing department could use an infusion of new ideas. After having a 3-13 season, rolling out the line "Bring It!" was stupid. The other teams brought it all right and we ended up 2-14. That might be a better angle to approach.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

daveb_33 is offline Registered User

I like the Idea, a huge blue ram with monstrous horns stalking the sideline!
    Mascots are just a bit of fun, and give the crowd someone to cheer for during pre-game and half-time. I can't see how having a mascot will detract from the team at all, it would take like 5 minutes to get this done and I think it's great. So long as it isn't some totally ridiculous character like the guy the cowboys have...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by daveb_33 View Post
    I like the Idea, a huge blue ram with monstrous horns stalking the sideline!
    Mascots are just a bit of fun, and give the crowd someone to cheer for during pre-game and half-time. I can't see how having a mascot will detract from the team at all, it would take like 5 minutes to get this done and I think it's great. So long as it isn't some totally ridiculous character like the guy the cowboys have...
    My vote is for BIGREDMAN and his kilt.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I live in Syracuse NY. We have Otto the orange. So I do have a soft spot in my heart for big goofy mascots. I wish you all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    My vote is for BIGREDMAN and his kilt.
    You cannot let Randy roam the sidelines...he would be raising his kilt and slapping everyone on the butt (whether they are in football pants, or not!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JPPT1974 is offline Registered User

Mascots have to eat too, let's not forget!
    The List is Life!

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Mascots have to eat too, let's not forget!
    And boy am I getting hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyStyle View Post
    And boy am I getting hungry!
    I'm in Branson this weekend - have you ever thought of getting a part in one of these shows?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]