Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    RAMS134 is offline Registered User

Re: Randy (BigRedMan) Update

Add me on facebook Allen Becker die hard Rams Fan and praying for Randy and his family.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMS134 View Post
    Add me on facebook Allen Becker die hard Rams Fan and praying for Randy and his family.
    There are a number of Allen beckers on FB....send me a friend request - my name is Jack Gossett.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I haven't heard anything different since the last time I updated. If I do, I'll sure let everyone know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

Un afectuoso abrazo hermano, y que la presencia de Dios sea en tu alma, valiente guerrero escocés.

An affectionate hug to you brother, and may God's presence be in your soul, brave Scottish warrior.

Here's the latest email from Randy's mom that I received today:

Where to start----I think Hospice finally got the right combination of pain meds for Randy now. He isn't in constant pain and when some pain does hit, Becky gives him the pain pill for under the tongue and that seems to mellow things out. He seems to be sleeping better at night. (for 2 days there he was comatose in bed ) I didn't get to talk to him for 4 days there as he was always sleeping or kinda out of it from the meds. I have got to talk to him 3 times now and the first time his voice was very weak. Second time it was a little stronger and last night he sounded really good. Was laughing even. He was getting ready to watch college football on TV. Guess he likes the Oregon Ducks. (Becky is from Oregon) It sounded SO good to hear him talk like his normal self. It scares me as I always think we have a great calm before the actual storm so to speak. He is no longer on the hydration being fed into his system or the feeding into his intestines. He complained of great pressure in the abdomen, so Hospice took off both items going into his body. Then they had Becky put the liquid food back on at a real low rate of entering his intestines and that made him throw up several times so they took that back off. He quit throwing up. He has had a real thirst feast going on as he feels dehydrated and craved chocolate milk. Then he craved Dr. Pepper and some other soda which he guzzled down, had to drain it out of his stomach into his fluid bag which the carbonation created a gas in the bag and it blew off the fitting that his stomach tube connected to. Becky fortunately had a new one to replace it. Becky bought some Ensure for him to drink for the vitamins and minerals in it, but I don't see how that is getting anywhere in his system as what he takes by mouth goes straight out the tube. Don't know how he won't starve to death if he can't have the liquid food pumped into him. At this stage of the game maybe it doesn't matter as the cancer has taken over everything. It's just great that he can have a day or so of feeling halfway human. He put up one heck of a fight for a year and I still think he's fighting. Will keep everyone informed as things change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

It breaks my heart to hear this. Randy's body may be losing the battle, but his spirit has kicked cancer's ass as far as I'm concerned.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Tough to understand why so many good people have to battle cancer on a daily basis. Randy's fought this fight with his head held high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Something that many people do not think about is that each type of cancer is further broke down to different diseases. In other words, there are a number of types of lung cancers. Some types of cancer disguise themselves to the immune system and the body doesn't detect them. Other cancers cannibalize other cells. Researchers end up trying to find the cure to combat a specific type of cancer behavior. My understanding is that there are actually several hundred specific types of cancer.

As I can, I either donate money or raise money for Cancer Sucks!. They are a local charity that channels 100% of the money to cancer research. Even though many forms of cancer do not have cures, there are treatments that extend life. Without research, Randy would not have received the treatment that he has. As a result, he would have had 6 months at most with pancreatic cancer. Between research and his strong will, Randy has survived well over a year since diagnosis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Randy is having a rough time with keeping his balance when he is up. He is sleeping around 22 hours a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Legion is offline Registered User

I keep telling Cheri that My Grandmother Survived this same Disease. I don't care what doctors say, I believe Randy will Pull through!

Keenum is offline Registered User

Appreciate the updates, Randy just keeps on fighting!

Truth is offline Registered User

Just got back from a trip with the family. Thanks for your updates Alpha. MUCH love to Randy and his family.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

You are welcome. It is tough sometimes to keep seeing the bad news, let alone passing it on. However, I believe that Randy would keep all of you up-to-date, if he could.

I received another email from Randy's mom today. Randy has great difficulty in communicationg as of this time. His ability to speak what he wishes to communicate is greatly inhibited.

Randy is not able to keep down any liquid food that he takes in. He is not getting the nuitrition that his body needs. It is thought that Randy's body may be using muscle mass as a source for protein.

PJ, who is Randy's son in the Air Force, with be in El Paso on the 20th. It is my hope (as well as Randy's mother) that Randy can hold out until PJ arrives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Legion is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    You are welcome. It is tough sometimes to keep seeing the bad news, let alone passing it on. However, I believe that Randy would keep all of you up-to-date, if he could.

I received another email from Randy's mom today. Randy has great difficulty in communicationg as of this time. His ability to speak what he wishes to communicate is greatly inhibited.

Randy is not able to keep down any liquid food that he takes in. He is not getting the nuitrition that his body needs. It is thought that Randy's body may be using muscle mass as a source for protein.

PJ, who is Randy's son in the Air Force, with be in El Paso on the 20th. It is my hope (as well as Randy's mother) that Randy can hold out until PJ arrives.
    oh randy... I'm still praying for you

Randy's mom sent an email just now.

Randy is in a coma. He is not in pain, but is not responsive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]