Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Randy (BigRedMan) Update

By the "how long he will be here", it is how long he will be in the hospital in Illinois. Gregg was recapping events from a number of days since late last week.

They didn't show the game up there, but Randy followed the score while watching another game yesterday.

Randy still falls asleep at the drop of a hat, but is regaining strength. Becky said this morning that he looks 110% better. There was worry that Randy had suffered a stroke from the severe potassium depletion. At this time, it appears he will recover from the potassium thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    Got an update from his brother on carepages a few hours ago:

This is Gregg (Randy's brother). Randy was having problems while at home and it was decided he should go to Illinois to the CTCA. During the flight, Randy's blood chemistry went haywire and he almosted died. Once he arrived at CTCA they got his chemistry corrected, he started coming back. He now is coherent and talking. His entire family (Becky,Mom, Dad, me, PJ, Loren) are here. It has highten his spirits a lot. Not sure how long he will be here. More updates to follow soon.

Thank God they decided to leave when they did. Sounded like a very, very scary moment for Randy and his family. I am glad to see his spirits are up after seeing his family, but I know he is exhausted right now.
    Keep him in your thoughts and prayers!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I got to speak with Randy for a few minutes just a short time ago. He sounds somewhat weak as you can imagine, but it was great to talk with him. They believe that Randy is strong enough to start some low-dosage chemo tomorrow.

We talked about the game Sunday. Of course I told him it wasn't the same without him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pithyradish is offline Registered User

Hang in there Randy. Myself and everyone at Seahawks.net is pulling for you.

Les

Keenum is offline Registered User

Got another update from the carepages website:

We brought Randy back to the hotl last night. The "home healh" care nurse came over last night to teach me how to do his TPN iv and to make sure I. Don't have any questions on the feeding tube. He's tired but happy to get out of hospital. He has some tests on Monday and we meet with the doc's on Tuesday. If everytrhing goes smoothly, we should be going home on Wednesday or Thursday. Loren is still here, helping us until Monday morning. Thank you so much to everyone for their thoughts and prayers! And a special thank you to Randy's Mom, Dad, brother and both our boys for dropping everything and coming out here!!! That really helped him.

Let's hope he can head home soon, I know getting out of that hospital will be a big relief for him.

I spoke with Randy and Becky yesterday. Randy sounds much better than when I spoke with him earlier in the week. He is feeling "flu-like" since he started chemo again. They plan to go back home to El Paso on Thursday if he has no setbacks again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

I'm thinking the last two weeks have helped Red to feel a tad better? I'm thinking this week will help and week 6 might just be a coup!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Another update:

Just got back from the oncologist. The tumor that is blocking the exit to my stomach has also grown into the fatty tissues of my abdomon. She will try and manage it with the current chemo treament, but it will continue to spread, and depending on wish major organ it attacks next will determine when and how I die. I am in all liklihood looking at the the last 6 to 9 months of my life here. It's difficult trying to stay active with all these tube hanging out of me, but I must try so I can extend what life I have left instead of laying in bed. The toll this is taking on my wife is unbelievable. I need to move in with either one of my parents or my wife's for financial reasons and day to day support although I can understand them not wanting to take on that burden. So many things are going through my mind and worry me at this point. I love and will miss you all.

Very sad news here, there has got to be so many things going through his mind right now I just hope he doesn't worry himself even sicker. As he said, his wife has got to be exhausted as well. Be sure to log on and leave him a message, he needs encouragement more than ever right now.

I just checked my email and found that Randy's mom sent more news yesterday evening:

Randy just got home from CTCA yesterday and Becky just called me and he's in the hospital in El Paso today.

At 4:30 am she heard Randy calling her from the living room. She ran out there to find him bleeding from the mouth and from the tube that drains fluid from his stomach. She called an ambulance and as yet they don't know where he is bleeding from. The hospital is in contact with CTCA. Becky had called CTCA and they wanted her to bring Randy back to Illinois. She told them no way could he make the trip and she couldn't afford to medi-flight him again.
    I will try to call tomorrow to see how Randy is doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Exclamation Re: Randy (BigRedMan) Update

I would advise that any of you wishing to talk with Randy to do so.

He is presently in Sierra Providence East Hospital, 3280 Joe Battle Blvd. El Paso, TX.

The hospital phone number is 915-832-2000 He is in room 4029 and he answers the phone when the switchboard connects you. Have the hospital switchboard check to make sure he is still there if you call after Monday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keep him and his entire family in your thoughts and prayers, I am sure all of them are exhausted and need as much support as possible.

I spoke with Randy on the phone yesterday evening. He will probably be in the hospital at least for a couple of more days. He has a direct number of: 915-832-2405. I bet he would like to hear from any of you that would care to call.

Randy is in the hospital because a tumor in his stomach is bleeding. He continues to have one setback or another. He told me his goal is to get out of the hospital and stay out of the hospital.

Anyone here that has any pictures of Randy, (especially any of you with Randy),could you send them to me with:
    Screen name:
    Approximate Date:
    Brief Description:

I plan to put together a photo album to give to Randy. I intend to make a trip to El Paso withing the next week or two. My email address is: meanestklingon@cox.net

Please pur Randy Pics in the subject line. Thanks for your help with this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've had no updates on carepages over the past several days, but I know the whole family is super busy right now. Hopefully he can get out of that hospital here shortly.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

He is not in the hospital..and I get no updates from his care page anymore..I will try and search him through their site..

I hate to see him suffer like this..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

RAMS134 is offline Registered User

Prayers going out to him and his family,keep it strong. Also all the Rams Fans that looking out for him.

Randy has updated his CarePage himself today. I tried calling Becky earlier and left a message.

I didn't post here as I didn't know if Randy knew that they gave him about a month to live. Since he has posted it, I will share that thought here (notice I didn't say fact). When I spoke with Randy earlier this week, he doesn't sound like a guy with a only month. It is my hope that we can all scoff at the doctor at this time next month....and the month after...and so on....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]