Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

recoment the best online game to play

OK, I want to play an online game or role play, tell me your best recomendations please

Milan is offline Registered User

Re: recoment the best online game to play

For Free, try MU Online.

I, myself hate RPGs, and can't get past level 10 before I get bored.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

hey Milan.... does this game let you play against other people? can you talk to them?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I absolutely LOVE Final Fantasy XI, I'd go with that one man, because its just so good, and it virtually never ends, there's always something to do, trust me.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Try Robot Rage. Its damn fun.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

'Underlight', if you are interested in Roleplaying over level building. It's got it's faults, but it's much more then a mindless crash, bang wallop vehicle.

Plus, there's a hell of a lot happening now and the first month is free............

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6
    I absolutely LOVE Final Fantasy XI, I'd go with that one man, because its just so good, and it virtually never ends, there's always something to do, trust me.
    Agree with Varg6...
    This space for rent...

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Dez,

If you want PC stand alone, then the latest editon of the "Elder Scrolls" is rated highly. I can't remember the latest title, but the title before it was, "Morrowwind". Lots of roleplaying between the puter and your toon in this one. Centered on the "Knights of the Round-Table" genre.

Probably all of the games below emphasize roleplaying to one degree or another and they probably all have special "role playing" servers which demand even more roleplaying on your part.

If you like MMORPGs, then there are a few to choose from, "Final Fantasy" (FFx) is quite popular, but I'm told an incredible grind (endless repetition of killing the same mob over and over = BORING). If you have lots of time to kill, and like mind-numbing repetition, perhaps that is for you.

The Grandaddy of all MMORPGs is "Everquest 1" (EQ1). The game is slowly dying player wise, but unsurpassed in terms of content. To this day I'm amazed at what was put into it. Be forwarned, it too demands a great deal of time, and is quite addicting. A number of articles have been written about how emersing / addicting this game is. (By the way, I belonged to a primarily British guild (had a few Scotsmen as well), in EQ. And, I can say that of all my gaming memories, this one has the best. Centered on the Knights of the Roundtable genre.

"Everquest 2" is a slimmed down version of EQ1. It's a botch job of a game, probably one of gaming's "most stupid" efforts.

"Star Wars" is a turd. Still played but none-the-less another turd from Sony.

"World of Warcraft" is one of the most popular games in the West (Final Fantasy is real big in Asia). Warcraft beats EQ1 in many categorys, but not all. It is a better game than EQ. Warcraft has European servers, that Yanks can't access, and visa versa. But, if you choose this one, I got a few British friends from the afore mentioned guild who are now playing Warcraft. I could hook you up with and they'd lend you a hand to get started. It is still relatively new, and lacks the depth of EQ, but a new release is due in several months which will bump it up nicely. Centered on the Knights of the roundtable genre.

"Age of Camelot" is basically a player vs. player (pvp) game. Very popular in Europe. If you like fighting against other players, this may be one of the better pvp games. One set of races is actually based up the British Isles I believe. Centered on the Knights of the Roundtable and historic mytholgy genre.

"City of Heroes / City of Villians" is tremendously fun to play in the beginning so I'm told. This game is centered on the Superman / Batman / X-Men genre. That game won E3's top MMORPG game when it was introduced, which is an incredible honor for a game, considering it was going up against Warcraft and EQ2. That stunned the gaming community. But just like WoW and FF,

---------

Knowing what little I know about you, I'd recommend World of Warcraft to you. Start out by playing on a "normal", (not pvp) server.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I play the PC version of this and it is very fun and yes very addicting. I have put away for awhile to take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    ---------

Knowing what little I know about you, I'd recommend World of Warcraft to you. Start out by playing on a "normal", (not pvp) server.

do I need to buy the software for World of Warcraft?

thanks for that write up Coy

Milan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    do I need to buy the software for World of Warcraft?

thanks for that write up Coy
    Yeah, and pay monthly.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan
    Yeah, and pay monthly.
    Yep, what Milan said.

Most of the on-line games require that also.

If you want to take a short cut, you can actually buy fully leveled and equiped characters as well. Back in the good ol days of EQ, one guy actually sold his uber account for $9000.00!!!

By the way, he was a Necro.
    (That's EQ humor).

If you go the way of Warcraft, please let me know what server you play on or what. I'll be glad to lend you a hand, or put you in contact with my boys in England somehow.

One of the best things about Warcraft is that the classes are very balanced - so, you really can't go too wrong in your class choice. Your skill as a player will determine how well you do, instead of innate class abilities. Class balancing was impossible in EQ.

Arrrg, my mind, it's being drawn back to the addiction of EQ... help me.... I can hear the voices calling.....

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Which server you on Coy?

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

I play runescape its prety fun.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

I use to play Runescape a long time ago, back when it was 2.5-D (not quite 3-D).

But seriously, try Robot Rage on Miniclip. A very fun game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast