Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: A Red/Blue Survey To Prove We're (Mostly) All Purple

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyhater
    At least a couple of the questions don't work. For instance, while most conservatives favor school vouchers, a substantial number of conservatives fear that vouchers would lead to more government control of private and home schools. Therefore, the "reddest" voters might give the same answer as the blue voter, though for different reasons.
    Only those who don't understand what a true voucher system is would think that. Nonetheless, the red/blue designation is consistent with what is deemed to be the "party line."

The fact that there are "conservatives" who would vote "blue" on certain issues and "liberals" who would vote "red" on certain issues merely proves my overall point.

So far... 9 purple (in varrying shades), 1 red.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Yea, sorry to be the fly in the ointment........but you're point is still valid.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Add one more all Red to the list. Actually, it surprised me a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

No judgments here. Everyone is entitled to their viewpoints.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Ya'll remember how the one thing that gets AV's goat is derailing threads?

What ever gave you that idea?

bigredman is offline Registered User

I'm deep purple...registered red...but very moderate.
    I was going to say maive, but I didn't want to be a smartass and jump the thread (and gain the wraith of Avenger)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    but I didn't want to be a smartass and jump the thread (and gain the wraith of Avenger)
    You have nothing to fear from my ghost. (My wrath is another matter). :tongue:

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

I must be the most open minded person I know....or the purest shade of purple.....

I went 4-4
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

Milan is offline Registered User

7 Red
    1 Blue

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

3 red 5 blue for me

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Of course, both the hard core reds and blues may think that this is a CIA or Marxist plot to find them, and therefore are not registering. Like all on-line polls, it is pretty meaningless.

Also, your earlier point regarding conservatives who think a true voucher system don't understand vouchers is both condescending and presumptuous. No one died and left you to be the diviner of how "true" voucher systems would be treated by the courts. I don't have a problem with vouchers myself, but many of the conservatives who take issue with it are certainly informed on the issue.

Another example is gun control background checks. The NRA (generally considered conservative) favors "Quickcheck" to eliminate the waiting period. The more conservative Gun Owners of America are against background checks of any kind.

You might also distinguish between those purples who tend to split the difference on most issues, and those who oscillate between extremes. (Libertarians, for instance are not purple in the sense that moderates are, but they are also neither straight conservative not liberal.)

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyhater
    Of course, both the hard core reds and blues may think that this is a CIA or Marxist plot to find them, and therefore are not registering. Like all on-line polls, it is pretty meaningless.

Also, your earlier point regarding conservatives who think a true voucher system don't understand vouchers is both condescending and presumptuous. No one died and left you to be the diviner of how "true" voucher systems would be treated by the courts. I don't have a problem with vouchers myself, but many of the conservatives who take issue with it are certainly informed on the issue.

Another example is gun control background checks. The NRA (generally considered conservative) favors "Quickcheck" to eliminate the waiting period. The more conservative Gun Owners of America are against background checks of any kind.

You might also distinguish between those purples who tend to split the difference on most issues, and those who oscillate between extremes. (Libertarians, for instance are not purple in the sense that moderates are, but they are also neither straight conservative not liberal.)
    I guess you missed the part where I said I didn't want to discuss the individual issues. My point is simply that the notion that people can be divided into strict "conservative" or "liberal" camps is misguided. I believe that this is a failing of both political parties.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I guess you missed the part where I said I didn't want to discuss the individual issues. My point is simply that the notion that people can be divided into strict "conservative" or "liberal" camps is misguided. I believe that this is a failing of both political parties.
    Political parties were discouraged during the early years of the US. Many early leaders were afraid that such parties would do exactly what happened; divide the union.
    In all reality, I have yet to see a single politician who represents ME or my views completely. If I choose candidate A because of her stance on education, but I dislike her views on abortion, I am not represented.
    Basically, I think we should eliminate the parties. Other than HUbison and SFC (who, BTW, came out ALL red and just happen to live in a town called Republic! Conspiracy?) most people did not lean all one way or the other.
    Av, maybe you should write up some big legalese document only the government could pretend to understand that eliminates all political parties and ask you senator to sponsor the bill. Ask him to attach a rider that declares a new federal holiday for congress, and it should pass without anyone attempting to read it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast