Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Varg6 is online now Registered User

RIP Heath Ledger

Heath Ledger, age 28...found dead.

Actor Heath Ledger dies at 28 - CNN.com

Poor guy, I really feel bad...He looked amazing as the Joker too.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: RIP Heath Ledger

I can't believe it....he is way too young to be dying. He was one of the actors that I really enjoyed watching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Did he die of a broke back? I know my saying this may offend some people but honestly, who cares? Why most people in this society idolize actors and athletes so much, and actually mourn their passing I'll never know. Thousands of people die every day, if someone's favorite car mechanic, favorite waitress, or whatever died today, would anyone notice? Sadly no, and those people contribute just as much to society as as any druggie celebrity ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Did he die of a broke back? I know my saying this may offend some people but honestly, who cares? Why most people in this society idolize actors and athletes so much, and actually mourn their passing I'll never know. Thousands of people die every day, if someone's favorite car mechanic, favorite waitress, or whatever died today, would anyone notice? Sadly no, and those people contribute just as much to society as as any druggie celebrity ever did.
    That is very cruel of you. We get to know actors and athletes because they work where the public can see them. They share their lives and their talents with the public and they get paid for it. We get to know a piece of them through their work. I liked Heath's work. I thought he was a good actor. I am sad that he is dead. He was not known for being a druggie.

I am sad when people die early in life when they have potential and goodness in them, whether they are a celebrity or not. We tend to talk about the public figures here on message boards because they are public places. I am sure that people feel sorrow when normal everyday people die also, but you don't talk about it in message boards for the most part.

I find it very disheartening that you don't find celebrities to be worthy of public attention. They are still human you know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JPPT1974 is offline Registered User

Very sad as that promising future
    Tragically cut short! RIP Heath!
    Prayers and thoughts are with him and his family!
    Autumn Winds!

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    That is very cruel of you. We get to know actors and athletes because they work where the public can see them. They share their lives and their talents with the public and they get paid for it. We get to know a piece of them through their work. I liked Heath's work. I thought he was a good actor. I am sad that he is dead. He was not known for being a druggie.

I am sad when people die early in life when they have potential and goodness in them, whether they are a celebrity or not. We tend to talk about the public figures here on message boards because they are public places. I am sure that people feel sorrow when normal everyday people die also, but you don't talk about it in message boards for the most part.

I find it very disheartening that you don't find celebrities to be worthy of public attention. They are still human you know.
    What's wrong with our society that philanthropists, scientists, scholars, and people who do more than act out lines in a script, come and go and without so much as a mention, and celebrities get the idolization and hero status? Seems like as a society we are way off mark, and that's what bothers me.

Whether it's Anna Nicole, Kurt Cobain, Heath Ledger or whoever is the latest celebrity to pass away it seems the media and people in general go overboard in their adulations. You are right on one thing, celebrities are NOT worth all the attention they get, dead or alive. It is sad for the family & friends they leave behind, but no more so than if a janitor passes away. All loss is the same, celbrities are no more special than anyone else.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

exactly.. while it's sad that he died we shouldnt treat this anymore serious than a hard working man that has a real job or some random person.. he will be missed, but celebs are just celebs, they are people put up on high thrones that really do nothing but read lines.. my prayers are with his family, but he is just a regular person.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

or more.

It is a sad thing he died so young. I have no idea who he is, other than an actor, as I don't watch many movies, but still sad nonetheless.

The one I feel saddest for is his 2 yr old daughter.
    Last edited by ramsanddodgers; -01-23-2008 at 02:31 AM.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

PHAT-MONEY Guest

yeah.. if it was a intentional overdose he couldnt have been in the right state of mind, like chris benoit.. this must have been brewing for awhile. come on his 2 year old daughter now has no father... it is sad, but at the same time so was 9/11. things like this teaches us just how much celebrities are people like us.. famous or not we all die some time.. i guess it was his time to go home.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

That was really unexpected. He's been in a number of enjoyable movies, and I've been looking forward to his portrayal as the Joker in The Dark Knight. It'll be strange watching that movie knowing he's no longer alive. Sad to see a talented actor die so young.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

What's wrong with our society that philanthropists, scientists, scholars, and people who do more than act out lines in a script, come and go and without so much as a mention, and celebrities get the idolization and hero status? Seems like as a society we are way off mark, and that's what bothers me.

Whether it's Anna Nicole, Kurt Cobain, Heath Ledger or whoever is the latest celebrity to pass away it seems the media and people in general go overboard in their adulations. You are right on one thing, celebrities are NOT worth all the attention they get, dead or alive. It is sad for the family & friends they leave behind, but no more so than if a janitor passes away. All loss is the same, celbrities are no more special than anyone else.
    Was yesterday Martin Luther King day where you live? It seems to me that we have a day off and we celebrate and reflect upon his actions during the civil rights movement. He was a Nobel Peace Prize winner, he was not a hollywood star.

Death is fascinating and people will remember when someone famous dies at an early age, especially if it is not a natural death. Elvis, Marilyn, JFK, Kurt Cobain, Martin Luther King, Anna Nicole, Heath Ledger, and a bunch of others will be remembered for their lives and their deaths. Famous people do get more attention than non-famous people.

Look at your signature RamFan_Til_I_Die. It is full of Rams players and cheerleaders. You could be idolizing philanthropists, scientists, and scholars instead of dumb ol football players. Why do you spend time watching football players? Football is just a game, movies are for entertainment, neither are necessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Was yesterday Martin Luther King day where you live? It seems to me that we have a day off and we celebrate and reflect upon his actions during the civil rights movement. He was a Nobel Peace Prize winner, he was not a hollywood star.

Death is fascinating and people will remember when someone famous dies at an early age, especially if it is not a natural death. Elvis, Marilyn, JFK, Kurt Cobain, Martin Luther King, Anna Nicole, Heath Ledger, and a bunch of others will be remembered for their lives and their deaths. Famous people do get more attention than non-famous people.

Look at your signature RamFan_Til_I_Die. It is full of Rams players and cheerleaders. You could be idolizing philanthropists, scientists, and scholars instead of dumb ol football players. Why do you spend time watching football players? Football is just a game, movies are for entertainment, neither are necessary.
    And the Not Getting The Point Award goes to.....

And the Not Getting The Point Award goes to.....
    I guess the not being able to convince me award goes to you. You are a hypocritcal person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I guess the not being able to convince me award goes to you. You are a hypocritcal person.
    I know better than to keep arguing with a woman, especially one so quick to name call like a little kid, so this is my last post on the subject.

I watch sports for fun. I watch movies for fun. I post here for fun. If an athlete or celebrity died, I would feel bad for their friends/family, but not go on and on about what a loss to society it was like our media tends to do.

I know better than to keep arguing with a woman, especially one so quick to name call like a little kid, so this is my last post on the subject.

I watch sports for fun. I watch movies for fun. I post here for fun. If an athlete or celebrity died, I would feel bad for their friends/family, but not go on and on about what a loss to society it was like our media tends to do.
    Pick on the media if you want to. They may have their priorities in the wrong place, but don't pick on their prey. Actors and athletes are regular people and you are the one who said "who cares" as if a person in the public limelight no longer counts.

You can say that I am name calling like a kid if you want, but you are idolizing the football players in your signature. Sometimes it hurts to hear the truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast