Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    thoey is offline Registered User

Re: Sad news - RammieGirl passed away on friday

My condolences to the family. I always enjoyed her posts. She will be missed.

Terry

This space for rent...

found a photo

bigredman is offline Registered User

Sorry, but I had to print this out this morning (3-18). I am staying overnight in San Jose and picking up Renee early the next morning to drive to Merced together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Irishrover40 View Post
    Please pass on to Mr. Tim Porter:
    Sir: you have my deepest condolences. You & I are tied together in many ways. My second wife, Judy died on 1/30/08 from the effects of the chemotherapy drugs, but the kicker is that she was cancer free on the day she died(she had Non Hodkins Lymphoma) so I know of the road you now must travel. Please know that we are also tied together another way as well; a "thousand years ago" after I came back fron Viet-Nam, I was stationed at Castle AFB had gotten married(to my 1st wife) and lived in "Winton" & used to eat a lot at the A & W "burger doodle" in Atwater. We moved to Fresno in Feb 1965 and I know that I would NOT recognize those places now( heck its only been 44 years!!!!!!!!).
    Tim, your loss will always be with you, but the pain will slowly ease, but the emptyness of her presence will be there with you
    I swear to God, I truely wonder if there isn't really cures for cancer out there, but the bottom line being that there's just too damm much money to be made in the disease, cancer in all of its forms!!!!!!!!!!
    Tim, my prayers are with you. Your wife is no longer in pain and she Willalways be with you. Lord knows as I write this my own memories are flooding thru me.

Take care & may "Himself & St. Patty" hold you in their arms and comfort & bless you.

Jim Otto
    It's crossed my mind as well, after watching my sister and a good friend over a few years. Anyway...

Rest in peace, Lady. Always loved your name because a friend/roommate/***** fan I had once always referred to them as the rammies, 'cuz he knew I disliked it.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Renee and I made it to the funeral service of our departed Clannie RammieGirl. It was a wonderful service with about 300 people in attendance. The ClanRam was mentioned in the eulogy, along with the fact that Denise was a die hard Rams fan, and the pastor was good natured in ribbing us since he is a whiner fan. RammieGirl's family and friends were wonderful in acknowledging us and making us feel welcome by introducing us to everyone. Below is a picture of Renee with a close friend of the family. (Sorry for picture quality. Taken with cell phone)

There were many flowers there. Ours are the second from the left.

They had a display of Ram stuff at the entrance that belonged to RammieGirl
    which everyone enjoyed. I left the copy of this thread on the table as well. Renee
    also had bought a painted Ram figurine.

There was an autographed helmet and jersey by Kurt Warner.....

and a very cool real Rams head eating a whiner player!!!!!!!

Last edited by bigredman; -03-19-2009 at 11:41 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

looks like she got he last laugh, too.... who was the Ram's victim? >8)
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Wow, that's touching. "Weeping may remain for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." Sounds like this more of a rejoicing situation which fits.

Thank you Randy and Renee for being ambassadors for ClanRam and celebrating a life that even though one may have only met her once, you never forgot her smile.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Thanks for representing us, Randy & Renee. May she now have life eternal.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

In Heaven, Denise has seats on the 50 yard line, its a perfect Fall afternoon, the GSOT is playing on offense, the '78 Rams is playing defense, and the team is beating the Niners 45-3 in the third quarter.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

It was a very nice "celebration of life" service. I talked with Tim, and Denise's Dad, daughter and son. They were all very sweet and nice and I know they appreciated having us attend the service. They had a video display with pictures of Denise and songs and sayings that went through her life. She touched a lot of people and that big smile shows up in lots of pictures.

I found a little Ram in the Denver Airport during my layover and I picked it up. The artist is Jon Anderson. You can find his works at FIMOCREATIONS Home They are unique and interesting. The one that I got looked young and it reminded me of RammieGirl.

Thanks for going with me Randy and thanks for posting the pictures.

AvengerRam made a badge to use as an avatar or signature image to remember Denise with. AV announced it in a new thread he created, but I thought I would list it here in the original thread as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    As many of you know, we recently lost a long-time member of the Clan. As a tribute, we've created the badge that appears in my signature below. If you'd like to add this to your signature, here's the link:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Dave/badge.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

Hello All, This is Denise's daughter Shannon. My dad, brother, and I wanted to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. My mom was literally a die hard Rams fan and she loved being apart of this board, her and my grandpa would always talk about the new posts and all of the members, she really felt connected with you guys. Randy and Renee it was a pleasure to meet you guys and thank you for coming to the services and the beautiful flowers, we know my mom really appreciated it. There was actually about 600 people who attended her services, my mom was well loved and known. Thank you again, we really appreciate it during this hard time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123