Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: School bus driver wails on some kids

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    And as a former high school teacher I know that I would not have accepted behavior like that displayed by those two boys.
    Neither would I, but my reaction wouldn't be to grab the kid by the neck and shake him up, especially when I'm able to call a deputy and wait it out. That's my point.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Point duly noted, Nick. I agree with you. Over and over and over. :tough:

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

All this liberal bull.... is why we are having so much problems with kids there killing each other and whoever gets in their way.Its so out of hand its down right scary.Parents have to be allowed to take stronger matters in regards to their childrens behaviour,and if it doesnt happen soon it can only get worse.The next video will be the kids killing the bus driver and taking the bus for a joy ride,and getting off with a hand slap.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    All this liberal bull.... is why we are having so much problems with kids there killing each other and whoever gets in their way.Its so out of hand its down right scary.Parents have to be allowed to take stronger matters in regards to their childrens behaviour,and if it doesnt happen soon it can only get worse.The next video will be the kids killing the bus driver and taking the bus for a joy ride,and getting off with a hand slap.
    The only thing you left out would be the medal they'd pin on him for doing it without wrecking the bus.

Maybe even hire him to be the next bus driver.

gap

Good add on Gap.

Chiledog is offline Registered User

The kids' attitude and behavior is just another example of the decline in the values and morals of our society. Children are no longer expected to show respect for their elders, and why should they when every form of media depicts kids as cool, wise, and in the right, while depicting adults (and particularly parents) as morons not deserving of respect.

When our country was founded over 250 years ago, there would have be no question about who was "in the right" and who was "in the wrong" in this bus incident. The driver would not only have been seen as doing the right thing, but the kids' parents would have given those kids more of the same when they got home. The instruction and discipline of children was considered a community effort and responsibility when the situation warranted, and no teacher withheld corporal punishment out of fear of the reaction of the community or the parents. We are FAR from those days. Can you say we have advanced as a society?
    "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie', until you can find a rock." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Chiledog
    The kids' attitude and behavior is just another example of the decline in the values and morals of our society. Children are no longer expected to show respect for their elders, and why should they when every form of media depicts kids as cool, wise, and in the right, while depicting adults (and particularly parents) as morons not deserving of respect.

When our country was founded over 250 years ago, there would have be no question about who was "in the right" and who was "in the wrong" in this bus incident. The driver would not only have been seen as doing the right thing, but the kids' parents would have given those kids more of the same when they got home. The instruction and discipline of children was considered a community effort and responsibility when the situation warranted, and no teacher withheld corporal punishment out of fear of the reaction of the community or the parents. We are FAR from those days. Can you say we have advanced as a society?
    They know how to kill America.Divide and conquer.hit us at out weakness our children.If you believe in freedom and the consitution do not vote dimocrat.No I didnt spell it wrong.

I think we can talk about this issue without turning it into a "Such and such political party ruined our country" debate.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I think we can talk about this issue without turning it into a "Such and such political party ruined our country" debate.
    Agreed. However there is a philosophical segment that is to blame for overall moral decline and that would be liberalism...regardless of party.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

viper is offline Registered User

Here is a follow up to this story, like it or not. I think the boys need to answer for their behavior. Hopefully, the school and the parents will dole out some appropriate discipline. viper3

Boys Won't Be Charged in School Bus Fight

Jun 1, 11:36 AM (ET)

(AP) Bus driver Albert M. Taylor of Punta Gorda, Fla., is shown in this booking photograph released by...
    Full Image

PUNTA GORDA, Fla. (AP) - No charges will be filed against two teenagers whose fight with a school bus driver was caught on videotape and broadcast nationwide.

Prosecutor Stephen B. Russell said in a statement Tuesday that the case against the boys could not be proven.

"After reviewing all of the evidence, including the entire 15-minute videotape of the incident, we cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that either of the juveniles violated a criminal law," Russell said. "While the actions of the juveniles were disrespectful, rude, and profane, their behavior needs to be addressed by their parents and the school district."

A fight broke out May 17 when driver Albert Taylor told a 13-year-old boy to put his seat belt on and the boy's 15-year-old stepbrother cursed Taylor. Taylor then slapped the older boy and grabbed his throat, the video shows. The 15-year-old is seen pushing and punching the 66-year-old bus driver.

The stepbrothers were arrested on felony assault on a school official, punishable by up to five years in a juvenile justice center. Attorney Russell Kirshy said his clients are pleased that prosecutors declined to pursue the case.

"These boys are the victims and they have been from day one," Kirshy said. "The fact they got arrested was a mistake. That's clear."

The boys could still face disciplinary action from the school district. Taylor remains charged with battery, a misdemeanor.

Lawyer Mark De Sisto said Taylor was acting in self-defense and that should be covered by state law allowing personnel to use "hands-on" discipline in a matter of safety for other students, unless it is excessive force or unusually cruel punishment.

If convicted of battery, Taylor could face up to a year in prison. He is on paid suspension from the Charlotte County School District.

Chiledog is offline Registered User

"These boys are the victims and they have been from day one," Kirshy said.
    And there is the whole problem in a nutshell. Kids are no longer expected to take responsibilty for their actions. It's always someone else's fault.
    "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie', until you can find a rock." Will Rogers

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

"These boys are the victims and they have been from day one," Kirshy said. "The fact they got arrested was a mistake. That's clear."
    Chalk up another candidate for "stupid statement of the year".

I'd bet my next 10 paychecks that within the next 10 years, both of these kids will be convicted of felonies. I just hope it's a state charge and not federal, because I don't care for my tax bill to be feeding and housing these punks. I hope they get straightened out, I honestly do, but what have they learned from this? They've learned that they are bulletproof and the law doesn't pertain to them.
    Last edited by HUbison; -06-01-2005 at 01:27 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Hopefully the school district and their parents come down on them, because obviously what they did was wrong. That said, I think both lawyers are talking out of their backside a bit. I don't believe based on the force used that the bus driver was acting in self defense. Looked to me like he just snapped.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123