Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Re: Seat Up or Seat Down??

Pang - It can't be any worse than Saudi Arabia, although since I'm planning a trip to Shanghai and Bejing in November, maybe I should ask you to enlighten me.

(It's evening here - breakfast is over)LOL

"the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

You're talking to the man that had to pay 20 cents to use a plastic bucket in a Mexican border town, mister. I did leave the bucket handle down, however...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

You guys go indoors?!?! That's just uncivilized!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Is that your Right Guard stick deodorant sitting on the tree stump in the park next to that smelly pile of leaves?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigredman is offline Registered User

Oh God HUb, at least plant a stick in the ground with toilet paper on the other end to indicate your land mine. I only brought enough water to cook with, not to clean my shoes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Why am I having a visual of a cat with a blue tongue running around in my head?

Oh, and HUb, I thought Republic upgraded and started using indoor plumbing last year. You mean to tell me you still ain't got it yet? Sheesh! I thought SPRINGFIELD was behind the times....

Boys, what I wanna know is fart fan or no fart fan? And do any of you use air freshener, or do you demand on a courtesy sniff?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

Quote Originally Posted by MOM
    Why am I having a visual of a cat with a blue tongue running around in my head?

Oh, and HUb, I thought Republic upgraded and started using indoor plumbing last year. You mean to tell me you still ain't got it yet? Sheesh! I thought SPRINGFIELD was behind the times....

Boys, what I wanna know is fart fan or no fart fan? And do any of you use air freshener, or do you demand on a courtesy sniff?
    The cat with the blue tongue consumed the Tidy Bowl man.

Carthage raided Republic and stole all of the indoor plumbing.

Fart fans are ineffective. One must design the fan to forcefully suck all of the fart molecules out of the person with methane surplus. I spray air freshener to mingle with fart molecules and thereby reducing their concentration.

Does anyone know the molecular weight of a mole of farts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam
    Pang - It can't be any worse than Saudi Arabia, although since I'm planning a trip to Shanghai and Bejing in November, maybe I should ask you to enlighten me.

(It's evening here - breakfast is over)LOL
    Okay then.................

The mainland chinese have a habit of squattting over the toilet with their feet on the seat, for both liquid and solid waste.

They do this for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, because they are used to asiatic squat toilets that some of you may have seen in public lavatories in France (Vietnamese influence).

Secondly, and this is by far the greatest influence, they are convinced that they will catch something of the toilet seat.

Obviously, you can't quite aim as you would if you were in a seated postion and there is far less room for error so consequently it's not rare to find a toilet with liquid and solid waste sprayed all over the place.

The irony of all of this of course is that it means that the toilet is far dirtier than when they arrived, but they don't seem to care about that either. They also won't touch the toilet handle which means that the toilet is very rarely flushed when you get there, even if they did aim straight.

You may find out on your flight over to China just how bad it can get, especially if you're flying China air.

Personally, I use a tampon that's been soaked in dissolved Certs (with the blue crystals), which I use as a suppository for the freshest, sweetest smelling farts this side of the Mississippi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    Personally, I use a tampon that's been soaked in dissolved Certs (with the blue crystals), which I use as a suppository for the freshest, sweetest smelling farts this side of the Mississippi.
    Do you have an MSDS sheet for your butt?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Does anyone know the molecular weight of a mole of farts?
    Well, I would think the fart itself would break up after expulsion. Most of it is nitrogen, hydrogen and carbon dioxide (saw that on Mythbusters the other night) which would just mix with all the N2, H2 and CO2 in the air anyway. The stinky stuff, like the buteryic acid and sulfur compounds, I'm guessing (haven't looked it up yet) would be heavier than air. Therefore, wouldn't a fart sucker (assuming it's in the ceiling) just pull all the nasty stuff right past your nose?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Well, I would think the fart itself would break up after expulsion. Most of it is nitrogen, hydrogen and carbon dioxide (saw that on Mythbusters the other night) which would just mix with all the N2, H2 and CO2 in the air anyway. The stinky stuff, like the buteryic acid and sulfur compounds, I'm guessing (haven't looked it up yet) would be heavier than air. Therefore, wouldn't a fart sucker (assuming it's in the ceiling) just pull all the nasty stuff right past your nose?
    I'm glad to see that the fart-catching talents of the Mythbusters team was not wasted.

Now, for a technical explanation.

Fart molecules are complex. I shall refer you to this page for enlightenment:
    http://www.heptune.com/farts.html
    (Do a google search for "facts on farts". It's the first link.)

Most fart fans are only capable of 50 CFM. This isn't much, especially if you are trapped in the stall next to someone who ate deviled eggs, baked beans, popcorn, and Old Milwaukee at lunch.

At that low rate of air exchange, you'd be stuck in a noxious fog far too long. So, yes, it would just pass by your nose on the way out....very slowly.

OK....It's officially the off season when we have the guys web searching the nuclear weight and composition of farts, and "anal"yzing the facts with opinion. God, I love this website!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    OK....It's officially the off season when we have the guys web searching the nuclear weight and composition of farts, and "anal"yzing the facts with opinion. God, I love this website!!!!!
    And I helped!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I personally think you've added great value Alpha....................

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast