A-Web is offline Registered User

Seen any good Movies Lately?

I am a movie buff, and usually don't miss much, but it seems I am getting behind this past week or two. I've seen some good prospects come into theaters, and haven't gotten around to any of them yet.

Has anybody seen any of the following? I am just looking to see whether you think it's worth the money/time to go see it in theater versus waiting for DvD;

-Gran Tourino
    -Taken
    -Push
    -The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Those are the ones I'm interested in that I haven't seen. I've pretty much seen everything else that's in theaters at this point. I don't miss much. Whether it be Horror, Action, Fantasy or otherwise, I watch em all.

-He's Just Not That Into You - is another in the lineup, considering it looks pretty comically entertaining at least. Some good jokes look lined up in that one.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Seen any good Movies Lately?

he's just not that into you - Surprisingly very entertaining! Scarlett Johansson has become a screen legend, She will go down as one of the great Hollywood Starlets! I remember seeing her in the 'Black Dahlia', thought she looked awkward, but this film brought out her sensual best! HOT! HOT! HOT! Good cast with Ben Affleck, Jennifer Aniston, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Connelly, Kevin Connolly, Bradley Cooper, Ginnifer Goodwin, Justin Long and Kris Kristofferson. TWO THUMBS UP!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

We've been to the movies lately and I would highly recommend these 3:

Gran Torino Excellent movie, different role for Clint Eastwood yet still is able to portray his classic "bad ass".

Taken Also excellent. Keeps the suspense up and entertained from the very beginning.

Mall Cop I like stupid funny and this was a fun movie to watch. I really like Kevin James and he does a great job.

They were all entertaining in their own way and worth the time and money.

Have fun!!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Benjamin Button was absolutely phenomenal. I'm not going to lie, I was crying like a little baby when that movie ended. No movie has ever made me uncontrollably cry before except for Benjamin Button. Usually I can control the tears, but I was just dying in the theater. I felt like a fool, but then I (barely with all the tears in my eyes) saw that more than half of the theater was also crying.

The Wrestler was an excellent film. Mickey Rourke was absolutely incredible. A lot of people complained about the ending...I personally thought it was PERFECT.

The Reader, I really enjoyed this film, but I can understand people not liking it at all. I felt like I was in deep thought a lot throughout the film because of the...bizarre yet familiar characters. I'm hesistant to recommend it, but I did really like it because it made me think a lot...

Slumdog Millionaire, I thought it was great...but not that great. It is vastly overrated, and although it's still a good movie, I don't think it is a best picture winner. A nominee at best, but definitely not picture. Benjamin Button, hands down, is the best film this year, and I hope it wins.

P.S. Gran Torino was hysterical and at the same time it made many timeless themes that were embraced subtely throughout the film. Clint has outdone himself again.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

"Gran Torino" was good, but some of the acting was pretty bad and there were a few scenes and storylines that seemed a bit odd.

I really liked "Seven Pounds". Very powerful, very emotional. IMO Will Smith is an amazing talent.

A-Web is offline Registered User

I have to agree that Will Smith is an amazing talent. He has produced numerous movies, and is always hard at work. When thinking back, trying to come up with a movie he was in/made that I didn't like, the closest thing I can come up with is Wild Wild West. And I think half of that is based solely on the oddity of the entire film. Both the fakeness and the random black guy surrounded by a bunch of southern guns. Dunno, but non-the less, the movie STILL was better than some of these things they are spitting out nowadays.

JPPT1974 is offline Registered User

Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons
    Bride Wars

Want to see:
    He's Not Into You
    Value of a Dollar!

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I saw Taken last week. Very entertaining, very exciting. Once it gets going it never stops.

I haven't seen many movies lately. My roommate saw The Wrestler today and gave it a thumbs in the middle review. This is surprising to me because the movie has got great reviews and my roomie typically likes everything. He did say Marissa Tomei looks hotter than a 5 alarm fire in the movie.

My brother saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button with his friend and both of them emphatically hated the movie. Being that my brother and I typically have similar tastes in movies I plan on not watching this movie as much as possible.