UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Sending another package to Iraq

It was my brother's birthday last month and I got him a present from Panama. It is a chess set. He and my Dad play over the internet all the time. This set is pretty neat. It is small and colorful. It has settlers versus the indians. I am late for his birthday. Shame on me.

He is also is getting some assorted junk food, cool spiderman bandaids, the sports illustrated swimsuit issue and the copy of maxim that has the 9/11 conspiracy theory article.

He should be happy. It is pretty fun to put together stuff to send. I think the funniest thing that we ever sent was a beer made out of sand.

Anyone else send packages over to the troops?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Sending another package to Iraq

You're a wonderful sister, utter.

I've got a cousin that I send stuff to. He says the hottest commodity over there is baby wipes. The troops use them for everything over there.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I send my son-in-law a package every 2 weeks filled with magazines and crosswords for him and the other troops to read and do.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I try to provide some entertainment, but I not as good as Wraith sending packages every two weeks. That is nice.

It sounds like they don't have much down time. They are working 12 hours 7 days a week. The bombings at the gate seemed to have subsided, and he is not talking about snipers and guys scaling the walls to get in anymore, so he must be feeling a bit safer.

They did lose a couple of the apaches recently and all the crew aboard. One of the crashes was probably caused by an inexperienced crew. An apache ran into another one in the air as they were avoiding enemy fire. The one that lost its tail went down. It was sad time for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]