Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    .ramfan. is offline Registered User

Re: should marijuana be legalized?

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan
    Go to Amsterdam and see the "beauty, intelligence and compassion" of legalization and the taxation of drugs. Junkies passed out every where. Needles littering the parks, so much so, that you can't walk barefoot in the park or even go there. More teens are in rehab for pot today than any other drug. Go to Canada and see how their pot laws are working. Hell, the strongest pot is coming from BC. This stuff is strong; THC levels as high as 10-35%!! It is much more powerful and often laced with Formaldehyde and PCP. Besides, it is a gateway drug.

I have an unusual secondary duty in the military. I am dead set against it because I see it on a weekly basis. I also have a few family members in big health or legal troubles from drugs. It is not just Hippie Lettuce anymore. They call it chronic for a reason.
    Great point. It's a shame to see kids my age who start off devoted to their acedemics plunge in terms of marks and their reputation just because they wanted smoke that crap.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Great point. It's a shame to see kids my age who start off devoted to their acedemics plunge in terms of marks and their reputation just because they wanted smoke that crap.
    That is one of the biggest side effects of pot. It effects memory and concentration long term. You will never see a pothead in a spelling bee. They have enough trouble remembering and spelling their own name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Never tried the stuff. Not even in college. I was too drunk.

Welker83 is offline Registered User

it's simple..

Legalize it...then have the goverment sell it at prices lower than now. Set the age at 21, and have the same reprecussions as a DUI.
    Pro: 1.Save billions on the "war on drugs" by undercutting the prices. If people can get it legally, then why would they risk it by getting it for a higher
    price and illeagally..
    2. Make millions off the profits. Combined with previous saving we just balanced the budget.
    3. Drug dealers required to either get jobs, or switch to a new drug with stiffer penalties...
    4. Shunts some of the money going into gangs.
    5. Still get revenue from fines...
    And it looked like such a good day...

adarian_too is offline Registered User

That is one of the biggest side effects of pot. It effects memory and concentration long term. You will never see a pothead in a spelling bee. They have enough trouble remembering and spelling their own name.

Rubbish. Pure mythology. Say what you want about Clinton, but he went to Oxford ... which is a long ways from a spelling bee.

Just like the myth that the strongest smoke is coming from BC. It's coming from Afghanistan and Pakistan right now. Black hash wins hands down ... it's members of the special forces bringing it back from Mazar-i-Sharif that could testify to it if they were so inclined.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by .ramfan.
    Agreed. I don't have a problem with people who do it I have a problem with what there doing. But its not my life so who am I to correct?
    RamsFan16

OrlandoPaceIsMyHero is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Never tried the stuff. Not even in college. I was too drunk.
    LOL Avenger! I am in college now and experiencing the exact same thing. Alcohol is way too good of a drug for me to need another! College is awesome!

-OPIMH

general counsel is online now Registered User

Enjoy yourself Big O and keep working out hard, you need to be ready for the combine next year before medical school. I know that you will ace the wonderlic and do 51 reps on the bench at 225. All you need to do is get the 40 time down a little and you will be ready to long snap for the squad.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    Not only that, but I have seen people trying to drive when they are stoned. It isn't pretty.
    No, it isn't....and that's something we would see......people driving while stoned.....the new DWI.....NO THANKS!!!!!! Fatal traffic crash numbers are high enough as it is....
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Go to Amsterdam and see the "beauty, intelligence and compassion" of legalization and the taxation of drugs. Junkies passed out every where. Needles littering the parks, so much so, that you can't walk barefoot in the park or even go there. More teens are in rehab for pot today than any other drug. Go to Canada and see how their pot laws are working. Hell, the strongest pot is coming from BC. This stuff is strong; THC levels as high as 10-35%!! It is much more powerful and often laced with Formaldehyde and PCP. Besides, it is a gateway drug.
    I feel that the dangers of marijuana have been tremendously overblown.

Amsterdam is a pretty dirty place from what I've heard [and I'll take your word for it as well], but I doubt it's just because marijuana is legal there. Junkie bums passed out everywhere and needles poking peoples' feet have nothing to do with marijuana.

More teens are in rehab for marijuana than any other drug simply because it is by far the most popular, not necessarily the most addictive [if that was what you were implying]. Actually, I personally don't find marijuana to be physically addictive at all, as there are no withdrawal symptoms that I know of. I am a regular smoker and have no problem quitting for a month or two at a time. I'd even recommend taking these breaks to other regulars. I can see how people might be able to develop a psychological dependence on cannabis, especially if it's abused and used for the wrong reasons.

I would like to go to Canada and see how their pot laws are working, and probably will some day. As far as health costs are concerned, I'm not going to pretend like I know much about how the system works, but Canada seems to be doing very well in that department. BC buds are potent, but mostly mass produced, bricked, and not grown 100% organically, so they don't set the standard by any means. Some of the best buds in the world [according to the traveling connoisseur who wrote Cannabibles I & II] are grown in our homeland, specifically Oregon and California. As adarian noted, I've heard Afghani cannabis is pretty wicked, too.

There is no evidence linking marijuana use with any serious long-term health risks such as cancer, like many would suggest. The plant [which is non-toxic] has been used as a medicine for thousands of years and is known treat asthma, bronchitis, headache, flu, epilepsy, cough, migraine, malaria, glaucoma, nausea from chemotherapy, improving appetite in patients with cancer, AIDS, anorexia nervosa, and for suppressing muscular spasms in multiple sclerosis.

Risks can include respiratory problems similar to those who smoke cigarettes, although the amount consumed is considerably less than most tobacco users. Short-term memory loss, the munchies, and the occasional weed nap are some side effects.

There's a lot of misinformation out there about marijuana and a lot about the plant [in all its beautiful & tasty variations] that people just don't know about. I won't go into much more detail for now, but if you're interested enough to read this far, there are a couple links you could check out with some interesting info:

-The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws

-The Marijuana Conspiracy: The Reason Hemp Is Illegal - not saying I buy into 100% of this, but some good points are brought up.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I'll go to Amsterdamn for the sex not drugs.
    RamsFan16

Welker83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I'll go to Amsterdamn for the sex not drugs.

Just wait three years... i promise you will think different than you do now...
    And it looked like such a good day...

RamsFan16, you dont need to go all the way to amsterdam, with your noted good looks, let alone your rams knowledge, the female hawkeyes should be drooling to service you.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

RF16, just remember what Woody Allen once said:

"Sex without love is an empty experience, but as empty experiences go, its one of the best."

AV, you are incredibly JEJUNE! I rarely get to use that word in a sentance, but as long as you are quoting from Love and Death, his most underated movie, i might as well give it a shot.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast