Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Masspatsfan12 is offline Registered User

Re: slightly off topic

yeah she does actually watch the game with me though she's still learning, as for me Im partial to Angelina Joe Lee.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Masspatsfan12
    yeah she does actually watch the game with me though she's still learning, as for me Im partial to Angelina Joe Lee.
    Two important points here:

1. If she's willing to learn football, then she's expressing an interest in your hobbies. That's important, it means she's comfortable enough to let you be you and even likes you being you.
    2. Well you're a heterosexual male, so OF COURSE you're partial to Angelina Jolie.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

and I watch stuff she is into. I mean I am secure in my inner heterosexual maleness that I will actually watch the soaps with her, because after all there are a few good looking female actresses in those soap operas.

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

That's the only reason to watch soaps...heck, I used to watch Dawson's Creek for Katie Holmes...until she started dating that wacko Tom Cruise. Now she's tainted, and I just can't watch her.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

heck thats why I don't watch tom cruise movies anymore because he became all wacky.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

and I watch stuff she is into. I mean I am secure in my inner heterosexual maleness that I will actually watch the soaps with her, because after all there are a few good looking female actresses in those soap operas.
    Which ones?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

all my children, and I also watch General Hospital, and my favorite motley crue song is Kick Start My heart.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Angelina Joooooooolie !

gap Guest

It sounds like there has been some very sound advice given here. Except maybe the shacking up part (sorry Mom, religious person here).

One thing to remeber, and it sounds like you already know this, marriage is work. It requires give and take on both sides, and the D word should never be used, not even to make a point. Sex should never be used as a weapon, or as punishment (lack of), as that only leads to cheating.

The lighthouse deal sounds awesome, and should make for some great analogies (beauty, majestic, light shining in the darkness, crashing surf {both severe and serene}, guide, etc...) to lifes eb and flow.

Shameless plug: www.sewdeb.com My wife would be more than glad to offer and free advice your future bride might need.

If she has not already done so, have her sign onto The Knot, The WeddingChannel.com, and/or UltimateWedding.com. Debbie says The Knot and TWC are the best. UW can be kind of cliquey (sp?) and over moderated.

gap

MOM

all my children, and I also watch General Hospital, and my favorite motley crue song is Kick Start My heart.
    Can't say that I get into those two......and Kick Start is an awesome tune!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

hey gap thanks for the advice, oh and I just made my future bride happy I just got a new job. I start effective tuesday August 2, 2005. So you guys might not see me regularly on here too much in the morning anymore.

Marshall1 is offline Registered User

1. don't do it!

2. If you do, make sure it's the right one. How do you know? Read #3

3. How do you know it's the right one? Go buy something rediculous Like a motorcycle. Why a bike? Has she said "I will love you no matter what?" See, see where I am going with this.

4. And if you do good luck, have a nice life with the woman you chose to grow old with. Respect each other! I think that's the big one.

Disclaimer: Married twice, the first was a marrage that brought a wonderful young man into this world. I have been married to my second wife, for two years now,who is a wonderful, beautiful person. And she loves the Harley that I bought. And she let's me put it in the kitchen during the winter. She is a keeper!
    "Championship's are won with defense" :angryram:

MOM

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall1
    1. don't do it!

I was married once. Didn't go well. Ain't doing it again! Not for a zillion bucks!

I have lived with my daughter's dad (RamFanSam for the new folks) for almost 6 years now. We're not married, nor will I give in and do it. We fight well enough without a license to do so.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MOM
    Can't say that I get into those two......and Kick Start is an awesome tune!
    "When I get high, I get high on speed, top fuel funny car's a drug for me, my heart, my heart, kickstart my heart....skydive naked from an airplane, or a lady with a body from outerspace, my heart, my heart, kickstart my heart...ooooh, are you ready girls, ooooh are you ready now now whoa, yea, kickstart my heart, hope it never stops, whoa, yea, bbbbaaaaby!"

Oh great! I guess we know what tune is going through my head the rest of the day. :O
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

thanks for the advice you all. I'll tell you three things that I have learned about women in general. They reserve the right to change their minds, They are right all the time, and one last thing revert back to the first two. Oh and marriage is compromise, and you have to listen and remember why you two are together in the first place, and never ever, take each other for granted. You can plan for the future, but you have to live for the now, and marriage is something where you have to have a great amount of patience.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast