Thread: St. Louis

TNRamFan23 is offline Registered User

St. Louis

Me and the soon to be wife were thinking about moving up to St. Louis possibly in the next few years..

We've visited several times, been to a few Cards gams and a few Ram games..

anyways.. It seems like a great city, I've heard the crime is high but didn't really see much when we were there..

Can anyone tell me a little about it ? I used to have a friend that moved to Nashville from the Poplar Bluff area and he proceeds to tell me that there are alot of rednecks down there, are there alot in St. Louis ?

Any information would be great.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Re: St. Louis

I hear that East St. Louis is a pretty good place to live unless you drive a green Truckster.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I've heard about the high crime as well, but on my trips to STL I haven't seen it. I think they are lumping East St. Louis in with the down town area. I wouldn't want to go to the east side at night though.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I lived in St Louis(actually a suburb named Crestwood) for a brief time (only 4 months) and experienced nothing but good memories. This was about 10 years ago though and people would leave their cars and house doors unlocked, so I don't know how bad it could be.

My wife and I went for a week last year and used public transportation or walked to get everywhere and also had no problems.

A conceirge at a hotel we stopped into to ask for directions was practically shaking though when he warned us not to walk thru a particular neighborhood after dark. I figured he was just a sissy mary and we went anyway and I have no clue what he was so scared about.

We have contemplated moving to STL ourselves, but we'll have to see what happens.

East STL is a different world though. High crime with serious gang issues. Trying to get around over there I felt like a rat in a maze with so many streets being blocked off with huge cement pillars in an effort to cut down on the drive by shootings. No joke.

If you do move there I'd suggest one of the suburbs like Crestwood, Rock Hill, Kirkwood, Webster Groves, etc.

But for better advice, hopefully a St Louis native will post. I too, would be interested in what they'd have to say.
    Last edited by RamFan_Til_I_Die; -02-17-2007 at 04:16 PM.

For what is is worth, many of the Rams players live in St. Peters and St. Charles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TNRamFan23 is offline Registered User

Well like I had said earlier, we visit often, our next trip is in April ( going to the Cards/Pirates series )

I once worked with a guy here in Nashville that was from East St. Louis and was in a gang. He ended up moving back 2-3 years ago.

We were also told about bad neighborhoods and went anyways and it didn't seem too bad at all although we heard a shotgun go off around our hotel over by the airport.

We're thinking about leaving Middle Tennessee and St. Louis is one of our top choices, Atlanta, Tampa, Houston, and New Orleans ( the fiance is from there ) are the others.

Anyone that post here live in St. Louis ? I would think there would have to atleast be one...

We're looking at Florissant and Brentwood/Maplewood area..

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I live in a suburb a little west of St. Louis. It's called Springfield. Wonderful place, and I never hear the gun shots from East St. Louis.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I actually like the area around Rolla. Unfortunately, I doubt I could find gainful employment in that area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

txramsfan is offline Registered User

If I wasn't in the Oasis of Texas called Austin, I would be right back in my 2nd home of STL. LOVE THE PLACE. Stay away from North County, West County is great and parts of Illinois like Glen Carbon, Belleville, and Edwardsville are nice also.

They just opened up the bridge that goes across the Missouri at Page so going to St. Charles is much easier now.