UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

SuperBowl commercials

Did you see the Doritos commercial? There were two of them. One with the guy crashing his car, and the other with a checkout girl. Both were funny. I heard that at least one of them was made by non-marketing people, perhaps students for a grand total of $13 using a camcorder, a car, and rollerblades. They must have had a computer also to edit the video and audio.

This is very third hand....did anyone else hear this?

The Budlight wedding was funny, and the dirty dalmation was cute. The Snickers kiss was frightening and the Sierra Mist beard comb-over dude was freaky.

Did you guys watch the commercials? Any favorites?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: SuperBowl commercials

I thought there were a number of commercials that were relatively funny but none that really blew me away. Jim Gaffigan and his beard comb over was hilarious. I also liked the Bud Light commercials, specifically Rock Paper Scissors and the Face Slap. The map commercial with the Japanese Tokusatsu-style fight sequence was a funny parody of the genre. I thought the Career Builder commercials of the jungle workplace were humorous as well. The K-Fed commercial leaked before yesterday but was still funny. Robert Goulet's spot was good as well.

You can find videos of a lot of them here...

http://www.break.com/superbowl2007/superbowl2007.html

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The fact that it is impossible to distinguish between the one created by an "amateur" and the one created by "professionals" sure says a lot about Madison Avenue.

One which I actually thought was a little disturbing was the one for E-Trade in which the bank employees "rob" the customers. Bank robbery (unless committed by George Burns, Art Carney and Lee Strassberg) is generally not funny. Plus, the "funny robber mask" thing's been done (See Point Break).

My favorite was the one in which the automobile factory robot has a nightmare about being "fired."

AlphaRam Guest

The Snickers one got pulled after protest by GLAD (sp? FRSam, you'll know). I thought it was mildly amusing. Otherwise, none of them were great. Prince sucked.