Thread: Syd Barret Dies

KentuckyHawk is offline Registered User

Syd Barret Dies

Did anyone see that Syd Barret, one of the founding members of Pink Floyd died? No one is sure how it happened as he was a recluse, but he did have diabetes and some severe mental issues. I love Pink Floyd with Roger Waters but I am very curious to know in which direction Pink Floyd would have gone as Barrett still fronting the band. He left Pink Floyd right before Dark Side of the Moon came out.

Speaking of Dark Side of the Moon. Has anyone heard that rumor about how it can be played right along with The Wizard of Oz? It's kind of weird. The trick is to start the cd right after the MGM lion roars for the third time. There are a lot of weird coincidences between the album and the movie.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Syd Barret Dies

Apparantly, he is now Comfortably Numb on a permanent basis. You are correct my friend, you can play dark side to the wizard of oz, but mass consumption of beer and or other items is very helpful in getting it all to make sense. I am sure you knew that toni tenille (of the captain and tenille) signs backup vocals on dark side.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

KentuckyHawk is offline Registered User

Re: Syd Barret Dies

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Apparantly, he is now Comfortably Numb on a permanent basis. You are correct my friend, you can play dark side to the wizard of oz, but mass consumption of beer and or other items is very helpful in getting it all to make sense. I am sure you knew that toni tenille (of the captain and tenille) signs backup vocals on dark side.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    seriously, the Captain sings back up? Hmmm...