bruce4life is offline Registered User

Taking a little time to remember 9/11

I don't know if this should be in the Rams talk or not but I don't really care. I went to the Angels vs. White Sox game last night and there was a moment of silience and few other ceremonies to remember and honor the 9/11 events. It was a very sobering and tradgic experience because wow people 9/11 was eight years ago!!!! I believe people take that event lightly now a days and throw it under the rug if you will.

I for one always remember what happened and I can say I'm proud to be an AMERICAN!!!!!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Taking a little time to remember 9/11

We did something special at work too. It was amazing and seeing people smile when they saw all the flags made me smile inside. I'm glad to be a citizen of this great country!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i put it in the lounge forum during last years anniversary..but i dont think it matters where it goes.

i dont know about people sweeping it under the rug..i think its more a case of some things are just too painful..like when we lose a child or a wife ,mother etc...we dont talk about it everyday but it dont go away...no one will ever forget that dreadful day when people from all over the world died for a reason only known by the evil people who carried out the atrocities.

8 years on and people are still dying due to what happened that day..

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Thanks for posting this Bruce.

Yeah it was a little tough watching the historical footage of it the other day, especially seeing those people that had to jump.

Me personally, I'll never forget. I still fly a flag at my house every day and will until that chicken sh*% lowlife scumbag hangs dead from a 60' pole.

And to any New Yorkers out there, LA loves NY!

Joe
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

It seems it takes a great tragedy to unite people, and then politics starts taking over again.

It took barely more than a year to build the Empire State Building, roughly 4 years to build Hoover Dam yet the Twin Towers site remains a hole in the ground after 8 years while politicians bicker.

Our bravest young men and women are put in harm's way while not being given authority to win a war because of the potential of 'too much' collateral damage. The reason we are fighting the war there is so we don't have to fight it here.

Cal Poly SLO, USC, and UCLA all won. Notre Dame lost and our Rams start a new culture of Winning this year under Spags.

My flag flies 24/7/365, I pray for the safety of our soldiers and wisdom for our country's leaders. Although I could do with fewer politicians and more statesmen!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    It seems it takes a great tragedy to unite people, and then politics starts taking over again.

It took barely more than a year to build the Empire State Building, roughly 4 years to build Hoover Dam yet the Twin Towers site remains a hole in the ground after 8 years while politicians bicker.

Our bravest young men and women are put in harm's way while not being given authority to win a war because of the potential of 'too much' collateral damage. The reason we are fighting the war there is so we don't have to fight it here.

Cal Poly SLO, USC, and UCLA all won. Notre Dame lost and our Rams start a new culture of Winning this year under Spags.

My flag flies 24/7/365, I pray for the safety of our soldiers and wisdom for our country's leaders. Although I could do with fewer politicians and more statesmen!
    I look at a lot of the things we've done in response to 9/11 as the great tragedy. The Patriot Act. 2 Endless Wars. Massive debts. Both parties worked together alright.. they worked together to spend us into oblivion. Both parties did. So this isn't partisan!

That's why I now cringe when we have any "emergency". Every time there's an emergency it's used as a time to push some bullcrap down our throat we just know were gonna regret one day.

What's the next, great emergency to come and how will it be used to create a true travesty some day?

I read an article the other day on how Obama needed a "sense of crisis" to push health care reform through. Irrespective of my opinion on the issue, it's ridiculous that our government honestly and openly needs a sense of crisis to get things done!

Anyways, so yeah I remember 9/11 much differently than most. I see the march on Washington as hope that maybe the people are waking up. THE PEOPLE, NOT THE DAMN PARTIES!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

7. Politics and Religion should not be discussed in the ClanRam. There are plenty other sites out there that cater for this and we would urge you to go to those sites when the urge hits you.
    Let's keep this thread about bruce's original intent rather than walking a fine line of political topics.

While I don't believe we had a moment of silence or anything at the WVU game today, there was a moment of silence and a closing National Anthem at our marching band's Friday evening practice. This was one of those moments in history where, even if you weren't directly affected by it, you'll always remember it and never forget where you were when you first found out.

I was actually on my way to a college orientation class as a freshman.