throwback week

JPPT1974 is offline Registered User

Three Celebs die in one week!

First it was Ed McMahon as that was expected.
    Second there was Farrah Fawcett as, you wished she would had beaten the cancer but knew that was impossible.
    And now the shocker, Michael Jackson the king of pop, is now gone!
    Having one celebrity gone is one thing, but three, that is a total blow!!
    RIP!

Happy December!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Three Celebs die in one week!

I wasn't really a believer in the Rule of Three when it came to celebrity deaths, but this week kind of pushed me over the edge.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

The rule of 3 now means good things now.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Make it 4. Billy Mays, the guy with the beard and annoying voice who does the espn 360 infomercials died today.

jackson3909 is offline Registered User

what was mike jackson cause of death? i never really liked his style of music also his off the stage life just made me not like him.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jackson3909 View Post
    what was mike jackson cause of death? i never really liked his style of music also his off the stage life just made me not like him.
    He went into cardiac arrest, but it's unknown what specifically caused it. It will take a few weeks to get the toxicology reports back to determine what was in his system. Supposedly he had been rehearsing eight hours a day in preparation for his This Is It tour, and had passed a May physical required by the concert promoter for insurance. But he did have a history with drugs and was an addict in 1993, so perhaps he was on something while preparing for the comeback tour. Nothing official yet, that I know of.

jackson3909 is offline Registered User

okay thanks nick.
    it stinks for the families of the other celebrities that died beacuse they arent getting any coverage. it has been all micheal jackson on the radio and tv.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

Does anyone remember the dateline interview with him after swinging his child over the balcony? It actually aired tonight again. What I do know is that when he was young with the Jackson Five he was very abused by his father. not as bad as his brothers. It was always, " Be like Michel", they missed a step they got the belt.

He built his life around being a kid. He claimed in that interview he was Peterpan. I actually do feel sorry for him in that sense, but he was definetely addicted.

No heart attack, just straight to cardiac arrest. He demanded a troubled cardiologist go on tour with him. Wanna bet it was the same one who passed him in May?

MJ was a troubled man. I do believe it will come back as drugs as he never had a heart condition. OR, it will be covered up.

I also believe the attention he is getting is because he was the king of rock, Pop just like Elvis was. No one can deny that.

That said, I do not believe he should get this much attention.

Farrah? ok, she was a flake and a horrible face lift job, but in her last couple of years she dedicated herself to filming her battle with cancer. She wanted her privacy to do so. I honor her for that as I wore that farrah hair .

I watched my best friend die of pancreatic cancer. Pain in stomach, then diagnosed. She only made it 3 months. That is a ugly death..

patrick Swazy will not over come his battle. Cancer is undeserved. Drugs, life style such as MJ was treatable, but his stigma followed.

This is from Cali, who is struggling with life time changes, but am losing my Mummum. Lung cancer, brain, back,....................and is my hero. Stage 4 , 93, and will not take even take a pain pill. 3 years now. Her biggest gripe is that she cannot drive. She worries more about me and everyone else before herself.

That woman who tells me to pull my bootstraps up and get on with life should be in the news.

We all have these heroes in our lives.

Sorry so long, just felt like writing.

To all good health.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

As a turbulent two weeks in the world of pop culture comes to an end we reflect on those we have lost. As if the passing of such famous faces as Ed Mcmahon and Billy Mays, and the untimely deaths of Charlies Angel star, Farrah Faucet, and the King of Pop, Michael Jackson weren’t enough; the sports world was unable to escape death’s grip. Steve McNair was found dead in his Nashville Condominium a little after 1:30pm on July 4th, 2009. According to a police report he suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head. He was 36 years old.

Mcnair’s lengthy career started at Mount Olive High School in Mount Olive, Mississippi, where he was selected to the all state team, and an All-American. He later attended Alcorn State where, in his senior year, he finished with over 6,000 yards of total offense and 3rd in the Heisman Trophy balloting to Rashaan Salaam and Ki-Jana Carter.

He was drafted as the 3rd overall pick in the 1995 NFL Draft by the then-Houston Oilers. In McNair’s 13 seasons with the Titans and Ravens he was selected to the Pro Bowl three times and guided Tennessee to its only Super Bowl appearance. Also, in 2003 he won a Co-MVP with Peyton Manning. In April, 2008 after 13 season in the NFL Steve McNair announced his retirement.

Steve McNair is survived by his wife Michelle and his four sons: Steve Junior, Steven, Tyler, and Trenton. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and the Titans Organization. Rest in peace #9,
    Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -07-05-2009 at 03:12 AM.

Really these deaths need to stop.
    But feel either Walter Cronkite or Patrick Swayze will die next!
    Happy December!

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

I fear Patrick is next. My best friend died of pancreatic cancer. Healthy with a pain in her stomach, gone in 3 months. Pancreatic Cancer is a horrible painful death.

By Patricks pics, pics......he is close I am afraid.

Sadly Cronkite beat Swayze! He died at 92!
    Happy December!