Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Tom Cruise is now a moron in multiple languages

After naming his new daughter "Suri," Tom Cruise announced that it was Hebrew for "princess."

Um... actually... not so much.

The name that means princess in Hebrew is Sarah (or Sarai or Sari).

The most direct translation of "Suri" in Hebrew is "go away."

How perfect!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Tom Cruise is now a moron in multiple languages

Apparently Tom is Hebrew for "Big Friggin' Idiot".
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Oh, that's great. Reminds me of how Britney Spears's Hebrew tattoo that was supposed to mean "new era," except she got the symbols in the wrong order. She also had a kanji symbol tattoo that she thought meant "mysterious" but translates better as just "strange." You have to think somewhere there's a translator for the stars having a good laugh about all this.

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

I have always been a huge Tom Cruise fan and have loved the diversity of his movies and characters that he has played but I have got to tell you....What the heck is up with this dude anymore???? He's a fricken weirdo!!! First off, speaking to all the males here, would you ever let Nicole Kidman go???? She's one of the most classiest, beautiful women that I have ever seen in the Hollywood public eye.

I say we go buy a new couch for Tom to jump on!! Maybe he'll fall off!! Sheesh!!!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I think it's part of being an actor. Their whole career is pretending to be someone or something they're not.......I think it makes them crazy. They have no grasp on reality.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

I totally agree...I think that they have to portray themselves in their "real life" more as an act than their characters in movies. The media has soooooo much control over our thought process sometimes. Not always, but I must admit that I have been swayed to one direction over another before knowing all the official facts.

Then again, what is official in Hollywood??? lol

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Tom Cruise has become the poster child for how to make yourself look incredibly stupid.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Since I got stuck with a name that is much more common for males in England than in the US, I decided that I would be careful when I named my kids and do a little research first.
    My oldest was named by his mother.
    My youngest was named by her mother, but soon acquired two nicknames, "Fartwhistle", given by her grandfather; and "Beelzebubbles" when she is in one of her moods.

My middle kid I named. As soon as we knew it was a girl, I began looking for names that had a meaning. I mentioned the name to her mother, and she said 'NO!' I then did what any father would have done, and came up with a really ridiculous alternate name...Minuet Rhiannon.

I got my way. My middle kid's name is ancient Hebrew. Her first name means 'most precious', the middle name means 'precious one'. And no, I won't tell anyone, because I do use a variation of her unusual name for a password on one website.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Just watched Top Gun, I miss the good old days when Mel and Tom were not dee dee dee.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I never have really liked Tom Cruise. He is too short and he tries too hard to be unique, and now he is just plain weird. I think Hollywood has gotten to him, or maybe he is a space alien acting out.
    LOL

Top Gun was a good movie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigredman is offline Registered User

:up:
    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    Since I got stuck with a name that is much more common for males in England than in the US, I decided that I would be careful when I named my kids and do a little research first.
    My oldest was named by his mother.
    My youngest was named by her mother, but soon acquired two nicknames, "Fartwhistle", given by her grandfather; and "Beelzebubbles" when she is in one of her moods.

My middle kid I named. As soon as we knew it was a girl, I began looking for names that had a meaning. I mentioned the name to her mother, and she said 'NO!' I then did what any father would have done, and came up with a really ridiculous alternate name...Minuet Rhiannon.

I got my way. My middle kid's name is ancient Hebrew. Her first name means 'most precious', the middle name means 'precious one'. And no, I won't tell anyone, because I do use a variation of her unusual name for a password on one website.
    Jesus RamFanSam, I just shot martini all over my computer screen and keyboard over this post. Brilliant, simply brilliant!

LOL :up:

P.S. I wish I could have banged the babes Tom Cruise has to prove he isn't gay!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    P.S. I wish I could have banged the babes Tom Cruise has to prove he isn't gay!
    I wonder about that gay concept myself.

I do like names with meanings. It is good to have more meaning to a name than just the sound of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    I do like names with meanings. It is good to have more meaning to a name than just the sound of it.
    Not me....and here's why:

My first name is Tawn. This is a shortened form of Tawny, which means "tanned hide", or something like that, if I am not mistaken. Does this mean I am some sort of freak?

Wait a minute....another name database has my name meaning "yellowish-brown". Does this mean that every time someone has called me an ornery little s#@! been right?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

and some people rely on movie stars to mold their political choices.

Tom Cruise is another image that movie stars and pro athletes shouldn't be held up to "idol" or "hero" status just because they are in the public eye alot.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I think it's part of being an actor. Their whole career is pretending to be someone or something they're not.......I think it makes them crazy. They have no grasp on reality.
    I totally agree with that, now all these actors wanna be politics, its getting ridiculous..

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast