Thread: Too Political?

thoey is offline Registered User

Too Political?

RamWraith and All in general,

RW, I am posting this openly as I am really not trying to flame you for it. You made a judgement call on what you thought was right, whether I agree or not has nothing to do with it.

That being said, I think that in the general forum, a post asking for signatures to help persuede our government to consider putting poverty and AIDS victims on our agenda is not "too much political".

Please don't get me wrong, I am not a drum beater for every cause that comes along. I just happened to see this as a ad on my mailers web page. First ad like that I have EVER clicked on cause it was interesting.

The more I read about it, especially the fact that it wasn't asking for a dime out of my pocket, but asking for a signature to try to get a dollar of my tax money sent to help, the more it was easy for me.

This wasn't a REP vs. DEM or LIB vs Greenies debate. I didn't care if anyone posted back. It was more an informational thing. Maybe ten people saw it before it was deleted, but maybe one went and clicked. That was all I was after. I wouldn't have clicked if I didn't see it.

Now, I am not going to rant about censorship or anything. I just think the trigger was a little hastily pulled in this instance.

This space for rent...

Re: Too Political?

Wow. I guess I need to go back and read the forum rules. They must have changes since General came into life as I remember heated debates where people stated their opinion.

All I did was post a link with some general ideas of what you would find there.
    This space for rent...

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Don't be silly. Politcs or religion are not discussed at the clan in any form. We can't handle it here.
    We only discuss the Rams, football and sports in general

There are other boards on the net if you want to talk about something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    I guess I need to go back and read the forum rules.
    You don't even need to look as far as the rules. Just check the top of the forum:

"No politics or religion in this or any ClanRam forum"

This has nothing to do with the worthiness of the cause, but the bottom line is the site IS politically motivated. I should know, because I contributed to it, and am still waiting for my wristband. So I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

I'm not sure if Utter was being silly or serious, but there was a time when political discussions were allowed in this forum. But due to the way some of those discussions took place, it was decided they would no longer be allowed. I hope that clears things up for you.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I hope that clears things up for you.
    Crystal...
    This space for rent...