MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

To "Tornado Alley" and Beyooooooooond

We're OK in Springfield. We got hailstones that looked like they were laid by deformed free range hens! That's right, jumbo egg size hail. I called KTTS, and the dude was like, "Wooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww". I am not a fan of tornadoes, but our 7-year-old pit bull (I swear she is really a giant weenie dog) went ballistic. The other dog was pacing, LilSamiRamsFan was scared, but pretty calm, and BigDorkSamRamsFan decided to go outside to catch hailstones like the freak of nature he is. Don't ask me how I held it together, because I really do not know.....

Anyhoo, I know HUb is fine, I was able to reach him. Everyone else hit by the rough stuff OK?

[SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: To "Tornado Alley" and Beyooooooooond

Wow! I don't like storms either. Unless I'm in my room in the basement and then I look out in amazement. But to answer your question I got lucky it was just south of where I live!
    RamsFan16

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

We dont get any good stuff like that.Earthquakes only hit L.A. and S.F. with any ferosity.Snow once every 20 years where I live.Sometimes a small tornado that'll take out a mobile then it'll quit.

Our biggest thing here is FOG.I renamed my town Fogsalia.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

MOM

SECOND VERSE, same as the first. A little bit louder and a whole lot worse!!!!!!!

A 3 foot diameter tree was uprooted in our BACKYARD, just about 8 feet from the basement steps. I heard the crash just seconds after Sam shut the door. He went across the street right before the all clear was given, and he saw a light pole leaning in the opposite direction as the uprooted tree, and there is debris everywhere. We could feel the sudden drop in pressure and some suction. I hope I never feel that again. My ears almost popped, and I nearly fainted, but was able to sit down on the basement floor before it happened. The old dog went and hid under a shelf, and the other dog tried to eat her tail. Sami covered her head with a sheet, the whole nine yards.

The good news.....once again, everyone is fine, and no one had to change, if ya know what I mean. F0 maybe F1. AND, RF16 is OK! Let's hear it for the boy! Oh, wait, isn't that one of those cheesy 80's songs?
    Last edited by MOM; -03-13-2006 at 03:30 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

MOM

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    We dont get any good stuff like that.Earthquakes only hit L.A. and S.F. with any ferosity.Snow once every 20 years where I live.Sometimes a small tornado that'll take out a mobile then it'll quit.

Our biggest thing here is FOG.I renamed my town Fogsalia.
    You ain't missin' shnit! It can take an oil tanker and turn it into a missile. Trust me, you don't want ANY part of it. I am sure earthquakes aren't fun either.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Woah....that sounds scary. I am all for thunderstorms. I think they are cool, but hail scares the living daylights out of me. It comes quickly and it does a lot of damage.

I am laughing at the thought of BigDorkSamRamsFan out there catching hail. That is not very bright. That stuff hurts.

I am glad to hear that everyone seems to have survived this storm. Good story telling Mom.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Hey Mom. Ask Sam if any of those hailstones were sliders,curves,or fastballs.

Glad hear guys are safe,and I'll root for Sami against any Tornado.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

MOM

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    Hey Mom. Ask Sam if any of those hailstones were sliders,curves,or fastballs.

Glad hear guys are safe,and I'll root for Sami against any Tornado.

He said fastballs.....LOL

Thanks buddy, and Sami started flexing her muscles when I told her what ya said. Priceless. She said she was gonna beat up that mean old tornado.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Hey Mom...Glad to hear that you guys "weathered" the storm. I am in Jefferson City and spent a good part of the night talking to my wife and son while they, as my son puts it, "ducked and covered." While I was talking them through their storms, I had to go downstairs and get under furniture in my hotel while tornadoes hit around us up here. The hail did a real ripple job on all of the vehicles in the parking lot up here. My work vehicle looks rippled and dented all over. I have yet to make it back home to see what happened to my truck. Anyway, it was an interesting night to say the least. Glad to know that everyone is OK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

DAYUM guys, what a helluva storm that came your way and many had no warning of the severity. I'm glad that you all are still with us with your usual funny personalities. All of you in that area, please take care, they are supposed to continue.....

Thanks for letting us know that you are beating Mother Nature and as for Sam, he's really looking for some knocked out front teeth!!! LOL Dental bills are a real bitc.....h

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Wow! Glad to hear everyone is okay.

We've weathered some hurricanes down here, but I'll take one of those any day over a twister. At least with a hurricane, you can prepare or get out of the way.

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

Living in Omaha, smack dab in the middle of the Alley, I've seen my fair share of the damn things, luckily none touched down around my neck of the woods. I used to be scared of storms/tornadoes for a while but then I grew fascinated by thunderstorms and all sorts of weather phenomena. In fact, I wanted to be a meteorologist at one point.