Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Trip to Dodger Stadium

Planning a trip to LA for my 30th bday april 12th thru the 16th. Everyone say to stay/fly into Bob Hope airport in Burbank. My gf and I are going to the Friday nite and Sat day game (Dodgers vs. Padres)and are just wishing to have a fun weekend hanging out maybe going to disneyland as well. Here is one hotel that I am considering that is priced very nicely. After clicking on the link just type in Burbank, CA for the destination and it is the Hollywood City Inn. http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...x=&itty=&ecid=

How does this room rate to u guys/gals familiar with the area as it pertains to Dodger Stadium and surrounding restaurants/attractions? Thanks in advance.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Trip to Dodger Stadium

The link doesn't pop up a hotel, but I can tell you where I have stayed 6-7 times when I go to the LA area. The Ayres Inn Orange. It's real close to Disneyland and has a free shuttle service to and from there. They also have a free breakfast buffet every morning. Only draw back is it is 30 miles from Dodger Stadium, but I think for it's price, and the free breakfast it's worth it.

I'm not sure what your idea of a good time is, but I like going to the LA Zoo. It's real close to Dodger Stadium, admission is cheap, and I usually spend almost a full day there.

The Lakers have there last 2 home games while you are there, Thursday night at 7:30 against the Clippers, and Sunday night at 6:30 vs Seattle.

Also if the Anaheim Mighty DUcks or LA Kings make the playoffs you might get to catch one of those games. The hotel is across the street from where the Ducks and Angels play.

9 miles NE of the hotel in Buena Park is the Medieval Times and Pirates Dinner Adventure dinner shows. Both are fun if you've never been.

So there's my 2 cents on what you could do. If you're looking to party and go to clubs, you'll have to ask someone else, since I'm clueless on LA's night scene.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6...T=HCP&GT1=9012

Dodgers to institute all-you-can-eat section

Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack ... and throw in a dozen Dodger Dogs, too.

The Los Angeles Dodgers will give fans something to chew on next season: all-you-can eat seats.
    The right-field pavilion at Dodger Stadium will be converted into the special section, giving around 3,000 fans as many hot dogs, peanuts, popcorn, nachos and sodas as they want.

Tickets will sell for $35 in advance and $40 on gameday, and some items at the concession stand aren't in play - beer, ice cream and candy will be sold separately at regular prices.

"Instead of paying cash, fans ask for whatever they want, and they get it. There are going to be some self-service parts, buffet-style, as well," Dodgers executive vice president and chief operating officer Marty Greenspun said.

There will be some other limitations. Food booths open 90 minutes before games and close two hours after the first pitch.

And anybody who walks up and wants 100 hot dogs - they're sold as Dodger Dogs, from $4.50 to the all-beef variety for $5.25 - will have to curb their appetite.

"If a person goes up there and asks for four for his family, he won't be told no," Dodgers senior vice president of communications Camille Johnston said.

Greenspun said the team tested the all-you-can-eat concept three times late last season. "The response was overwhelmingly positive" and gave the Dodgers food for thought, he said.

A few other teams have had all-you-can-eat sections. "The St. Louis Cardinals have done it," Greenspun said. "It hasn't been anything of this size." In addition, he said, "the other ballparks charge a higher rate than this."

All-you-can-eat isn't exactly the most health-conscious concept these days, but as Greenspun put it: "We're offering a fan amenity. Fans can elect to choose it or not choose it. We are offering basic ballpark fare that most fans enjoy."

Tickets in left field, meanwhile, will be $10.

Hook it up Bruce=GOAT

Hook it up Bruce=GOAT
    Lol, I certainly will! That info will definitely help me eat many more Dodger Dogs! I am just happy to visit DS the year that we win the WS!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

April 15, 2007

(AP) A man visiting Dodger Stadium was arrested today for attempting to smuggle "Dodger dogs" out of the ballpark. An unidentified security officer at the stadium reported that a man identified as BRUCE=GOAT, 29, was detained after cossessionaires complained about a patron becoming obsessive with demands for hot dogs and abusive with his language. Upon being approached by stadium security, Mr. =GOAT denied taking excessive amounts of the Dodger Dogs. "Those aren't Dodger Dogs in my pants, I am just happy to be here!"
    Last edited by AlphaRam; -01-13-2007 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Year Wrong In Story
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    April 15, 2006

(AP) A man visiting Dodger Stadium was arrested today for attempting to smuggle "Dodger dogs" out of the ballpark. An unidentified security officer at the stadium reported that a man identified as BRUCE=GOAT, 29, was detained after cossessionaires complained about a patron becoming obsessive with demands for hot dogs and abusive with his language. Upon being approached by stadium security, Mr. =GOAT denied taking excessive amounts of the Dodger Dogs. "Those aren't Dodger Dogs in my pants, I am just happy to be here!"
    LOL, that's hilarious.

I do what I can....lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Man, u have a heck of an imagination AlphaRam. Very funny btw. Any new developments with people running scams? I loved reading those stories.

The ones I have been getting lately are claiming to be terminally ill, their family is greedy, and they want to give me 35% to do something or another.

Once I get a good scam going, I'll start posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]