Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Trump's first Apprentice quitting his job

Apprentice winner to quit dream job
    By Lila Holland
    Published: September 8, 2005 at 04:38:00 PM

Bill Rancic, winner of The Apprentice's first season, is ready to strike out on his own. He plans to stop working for Donald Trump early next year.

Since he trounced the competition and became Donald Trump's first official Apprentice in April of 2004, Bill Rancic has been hard at work overseeing construction of the new Trump International Hotel and Tower on the Chicago River. His contract will be up next March, however, and the driven entrepreneur plans to cut the cord and make his own destiny.

"I'm gonna go out and start another business of my own," Rancic announced at a global leadership forum held Wednesday in Malaysia. "That's in my blood."

Although Rancic will be abandoning the Chicago project before it reaches completion, he hopes to remain on good terms with Trump and says that he will make appearances in the next two seasons of The Apprentice.

Prior to competing on the business-talent reality show, Rancic founded Cigars Around the World, a successful online company dedicated to the procurement and distribution of premium cigars. He has since sold the business, become the corporate spokesperson for Advanta (a small-business credit card company), and written the book "You're Hired: How to Succeed in Business and Life." Rancic is now setting his sights on real estate and says that "in the years to come, I hope there will be Bill Rancic towers right alongside the Trump towers."

The Apprentice will launch its fourth season on NBC Thursday, September 22, at 9:00 p.m.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Trump's first Apprentice quitting his job

Is he going to copyright the phrase, "I quit"?