Exclamation User Reputation - an explanation, of sorts

This should go so way to helping those cabable of figuring this out, just how the reputation system works. It should stop the one or two members who get hung up on it from asking to many more questions.

--------------------------------------------

Register Date Factor
    For every X number of days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. x = 365 days
    ----------------------------------------------------

Post Count Factor
    For every X number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation altering power. x = 1000
    ----------------------------------------------------

Reputation Point Factor
    For every X points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. x = 100
    ---------------------------------------------

Minimum Post Count
    How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? minimum post count is 70
    ----------------------------------------------

Minimum Reputation Count
    How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? minimum reputation is 10

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit
    How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? Administrators (only)are exempt from this limit. daily rep clicks are 20

Reputation User Spread
    How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? Administrators (only) are exempt from this limit. reputation spread is 10
    ------------------------------------------------------

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: User Reputation - an explanation, of sorts

So, if I understand this correctly...

I decide that "Fred" has posted something that is good. Really good. I decide to give him an "I Approve" rep. Since my rep power is 6, he has 6 points added to his total. If "Jane", who has a rep power of 2, does the same, she can give 2 more points to the total, meaning 8 total points were given, but these 8 points won't change "Fred's" rep power that much. There would need to be additional rep points added by others before "Fred's" rep power increases.

Also, while post count does affect rep, it is not as much of a factor as an 'attaboy' from someone who has earned a respectable rep themselves.

Am I right on this, or am I still guessing?

Oh....now, can you explain the 'greenies'? I'm still wondering how I can have 3 greenies, but a rep power of 6, and others who have a much higher rep power have only 2 'greenies'. And...why aren't they a nice Rams blue?

bigredman is offline Registered User

Re: User Reputation - an explanation, of sorts

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but probably more appropriate here. I only give positive rep. I NEVER give anyone negative rep. I challenge them in the thread with a response. In my opinion, the negative rep should be eliminated for regular and premium members, and only MOD's and ADMIN's should be able to penalize someone with negative rep.

P.S. When is the link thing going to be fixed for us Premium members?

P.S.S. The greenies should be a nice Ram's GOLD!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]